Your 2016 predictions

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Started using Knauf 18 yrs ago ,on Persimmon sites, Keepmoat use it on all there sites around Leeds ,once you've got used to it it's mint gear to use,I'd take it any day over BG

Do u spray mp finish. Or hand applying it. What is your system of using it.

Nice one..is that your department?
Do we not get first warning before final and surely there is an appeals procedure?
I always think I would like to be a mod
Yes unfortunately I do the hiring and firing but someone's got to have the balls :) there is a procedure but you over stepped the mark with advertising so it's straight to a final sorry, I was gonna say not my rules but it is :) I also think you would make a good mod but you need to make tough decisions and not be bought by unscrupulous firms who will stop at nothing to buy your vote so I think it's best you stay a member xx

unless the funding changes for colleges, i predict more plastering workshops will be closed or mothballed in the 2016- 2017 academic year--------- unfortunately----- unless there is an increase in sponsorship from companies, or plaster manufacturers to subsidize the cost

on the bright side that would mean more leisure / holiday time for overworked underpaid lecturers:inocente:
Sadly I agree Grimsby college has lost its main lecturer so god knows who will fill his boots if anyone at all. In a selfish way it will stop churning out people with little experience but will also cripple the craft.

I only hand apply,never had the opportunity to spray. I've hand applied Knauf backing coats as well, think it was called grey band,went on same as browning. I did a load of work for a Doncaster firm called Weavers ,Knauf was all they used

Best way of using Knauf is to save a bit back from each gauge and caulk out the next hit,always use it as a rolling gauge and keep dropping back to trowel up,being one coat you can achieve 100m2 hand applied a day

You are lucky I was out because you have saved yourself from a Very severe warning and you don't want that going into the new year on a final warning.
r
ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1451584373.546964.jpg

Flynnyman patrolling TPF

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.