Young lads plastering

Status
Not open for further replies.
thinking of getting one of those dolls nick bargin mate think of all the brass money youll save

I stopped plastering in August

Started learning the new rendering systems

Just shy of 2 months ago.

Where is the difficulty in that?

I ain't struggling, thanks.

See the Barry big arms are out in force.

I am struggling to understand the amount of bollox on here, get cocky, clever replies for trying to get good discussions going.

No offence.

Mac

Dummies not out mate, never has been. Just don't understand the clever comments.

Iv been here a long time, never talked bullshit unlike most of you and because I don't contribute to every last pointless post, you think that gives people like you and spunky the right act the cu_nt.

You've never seen me asking for advice on things I don't know

You've not seen me asking for m2 prices

You've not seen me being clever with new users

Don't lump me in the pot with every other young lad, I'm trying to do things the right way and learn different aspects by going out there and learning it not asking on a forum, iv not come on askin how to render or a tried actin the big man, so please cut the crap.

You haven't offended me, I'm just slightly disappointed that the impression I get is you think im talkin crap and questioning what I post. I'm not trying to impress anyone on here, I never have.

The dummies not out its probably my writing style, I'm not struggling, I don't plaster anymore because i was starting to struggle, I wanted to start a thread to ask the old school guys what they thought of the next generation coming through, as I and others that have come and go on this forum, get bored of reading the same shite.

Don't forget we are in a recession, not many of the posts on here are too positive.

mac u must av got the point mate...the old boys have hooked you....they are taking great pleasure in playing you...all your wriggling and thrashing is pointless:RpS_lol:

Gentlemen, choose your weapons...

bagz.jpg

:RpS_thumbup:

im a young plasterer at only 24 i learnt of an skool fella fussy as **** no corner trowels, float and set, harboard my arches all good stuff.

I agree with what your saying as you need to of been in the trade for years to gain experience and all that as we are always learning new ways and techniques to make the job easier.

But these fookers that have been in the trade 20 years and are time served what if there still **** ?

Plastering is all visual and your as good as you want to be.

This is just my own personal view with the things and people ive come across.
btw been on the trowel 6 years and love the game !!!!!!!

I think you're right EL. There are and always have been guys with twenty or so years behind them that are still shite.
Being young isn't the problem it's all about your attitude to your work. IMO there are only a handful of people of any generation with both the right attitude and aptitude to be really good tradesmen, in any of the trades.

im a young plasterer at only 24 i learnt of an skool fella fussy as **** no corner trowels, float and set, harboard my arches all good stuff.

I agree with what your saying as you need to of been in the trade for years to gain experience and all that as we are always learning new ways and techniques to make the job easier.

But these fookers that have been in the trade 20 years and are time served what if there still **** ?

Plastering is all visual and your as good as you want to be.

This is just my own personal view with the things and people ive come across.
btw been on the trowel 6 years and love the game !!!!!!!
Only 26.......Get back in ya cupboard young'un and finish troweling up. LOL.:RpS_biggrin:

essex andy:RpS_thumbsup:

i hope your joking beader with eyes like that god help your plastering.

Attitude is the key and the desire to be the best you can, theres nothing better than a young gun showing up an old spread who thinks hes the dogs.

ooouussshhhhh.

i

Only 26.......Get back in ya cupboard young'un and finish troweling up. LOL.:RpS_biggrin:
First bit of plastering I ever did was in a cupboard - was told it'd be ok, they'd sand it afterwards.. Cheeky twunts :RpS_laugh:

You're old enough to have!!

I just havent seen ANY good young spreads. I'm not saying there arent any. They all seem to be just skimmers nowadays.

you aint seen me yet ceevee :RpS_tongue:

"serious note" i agree with the last part of you quote as i know few young "skimmers" and the problem is there lazy if they dont get it first time or understand the concept of how to do something they want none of it !

Hit the nail on the head I think.
They learn a little part of the trade ie. skimming then can't be arsed with the rest, as they get by doing the odd reskim.

The arseholes shouldn't be allowed to steal work from real tradesmen.

Tradesmen like yourself!!

Am just a young lad and am learning everything and a do jobs when am not at college a lot off people do it up north but a absolutly love this trade everything about it there's no better feeling than putting on a great wall but the thing is for younger people there just arnt enough people willing to take us on so its about going alone and building up your name for me a just make sure a give my self plenty off time to do the work so a can concentrate on what am doing and get a really good finish to the job

Was just having a browse on the site as I was looking up about Super Hod on the net, and my Dads told me about these guys, he knew em as well!

I knew him, saw him carry a wheel barrow full of S&C up the stairs in his extended Hod, The spread he worked with John McLintock was fast as f*** floated and set a huge 5 bed house in two days all internal walls S&C

Status
Not open for further replies.