Worst disasters

Biggest mistake I've ever done was not tell the labourer how much plasticiser in render....... he put way too much in. Thought it was being a f**k*r when I was rubbing it up and should of known then (I was quite young to be fair) whole extension the top coat was soft and blowing and I had to strip top coat and redo....... you only make that mistake once.

I did that making a little wall.

Mate was on his arse so I gave him a few days.

Gave him a bottle of fairy liquid to plasicise the cement and didn't tell him to use sparingly.

f**k**g barrow had bubbles in it when he wheeled it round and we had no more sand and no more cement.

Put the wall up anyway and rendered over it quick.

I did that making a little wall.

Mate was on his arse so I gave him a few days.

Gave him a bottle of fairy liquid to plasicise the cement and didn't tell him to use sparingly.

f**k**g barrow had bubbles in it when he wheeled it round and we had no more sand and no more cement.

Put the wall up anyway and rendered over it quick.

:lol:

Ouch

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Hey, this is really sad to know about the problem that you faced because of the water leaking from the ceiling. My friend also faced a similar problem, there was a major leak in the ceiling and complete kitchen and bedroom was damaged. He had a home insurance done for the house earlier and so filed a claim. The additional info from the insurance agents really helped in claim settlement. This type of water damage or floods can cause huge damage and in such situation the insurance helps in the best way.

Was.listening to horror stories on radio once and builder came on. Said he had just about finished house when he saw boss coming over site waving his arms shouting. He.d built house back to front lol

Was.listening to horror stories on radio once and builder came on. Said he had just about finished house when he saw boss coming over site waving his arms shouting. He.d built house back to front lol

I had that.

I was doing some odd jobs/snagging at a barn conversion for an engineer. There were a few little stone buildings on his property that he used for his quirky little hobbies. One of them he used as a sort of a greenhouse.

He asked me to plaster it so it'd be watertight and he could grow plants in it, so I did,

All went well til he got home and rang me.

'Ye've plastered the wrong side of the wall', shouted the engineer.

Are you stalking me , camouflaged clothes on ? Come in , have a beer , it’s cold out there

No. @Danny sends me a little red flag whenever you say something anywhere I might have an opinion.

I don't know what it is until I get there, but he's often right.

I accidentally torched the clients shed, while attempting to refill my Zippo lighter in the fuel tank of his ride on lawn mower.
That was about a week before the infamous 'Shitgate' incident which for legal reasons am still not allowed to talk about.
:(.

I started early one morning and went to shell in town for a coffee left the van running and made my coffee. Went to pay and the attendant was looking out the window, the van had went backwards turned 90 degree sitting in the middle of the road with a bus on the kerb trying to get past.
Was a long walk back there and still gives me the boke today about how bad it could have been

Really. Foot through 3 ceilings. Screw through 2 water pipes. Locked myself out of one job and walked 4 miles home. The son on another one job locked me in all afternoon and I could not get out. Stair plank broke while holding a £200 glass lamp shade. I could go on. 30 years in the trade i guess

oh yeah I broke my wrist when I fell through a ceiling... did not know I had broken till about 10 weeks later when an xray showed where it had healed wrong :-\

Went through a water main before the stop tap, hacking off and the tap was clearly visible in the wall. Went s good 6 inched to the left of it, water everywhere. The original plumber must of had too much lead I’ve never eeen anything like it. The pipe spiralled in the wall. Ran outside turned the external stop tap off, nothing. Next one along nothing but now the neighbours out asking why I’m turning there water off. The old dear that used to live in the house I was working in never accepted the water company to fit an external stop tap. That was an embarrassing/learning day having ring round for help while water soaked the downstairs

Went through a water main before the stop tap, hacking off and the tap was clearly visible in the wall. Went s good 6 inched to the left of it, water everywhere. The original plumber must of had too much lead I’ve never eeen anything like it. The pipe spiralled in the wall. Ran outside turned the external stop tap off, nothing. Next one along nothing but now the neighbours out asking why I’m turning there water off. The old dear that used to live in the house I was working in never accepted the water company to fit an external stop tap. That was an embarrassing/learning day having ring round for help while water soaked the downstairs

Hahah oh dear.....

Water can be a nightmare