Working combinations for domestic work!

Members online

Zombie what have you decided to do mate , just had a influx of jobs myself and don’t know the hell im gonna tackle all of them or even if I can

Zombie what have you decided to do mate , just had a influx of jobs myself and don’t know the hell im gonna tackle all of them or even if I can

Tbh mate...I just don't know

I have a solid gang that take care of my rendering so that area is sorted and can be trusted.

It's the little Mrs Jones internal domestics which for me are the ball ache.

I guess the obvious answer is to book less in and charge more and cherry pick work but from experience I think that's easier said than done.

The other thing is I don't think it does my mental health any good being on my own fulltime!

I have a solid gang that take care of my rendering so that area is sorted and can be trusted.

I guess the obvious answer is to book less in and charge more and cherry pick work but from experience I think that's easier said than done.

The other thing is I don't think it does my mental health any good being on my own fulltime!
I.ll have a little miss jones job of ye for.monday if ye got one over this way. If anymore jobs get put back kids wont be getting fed.

Always good to charge more and do less :D

lads on here...
seem to cry when there quiet
and cry when there busy
maybe some folks just like to cry (y)

The fellows who accept the deliveries at Tescos are into that. 'The back door man', he's called.

To a man, they are grumpy bastards.
'Job's s**t, no money in it, managers are all kids, hours are s**t' etc etc.

'Sounds bad, how long you been doing it.?'

'Forty year. Only job I've ever had'

Every time.

The fellows who accept the deliveries at Tescos are into that. 'The back door man', he's called.

To a man, they are grumpy bastards.
'Job's s**t, no money in it, managers are all kids, hours are s**t' etc etc.

'Sounds bad, how long you been doing it.?'

'Forty year. Only job I've ever had'

Every time.

Lool true and say ‘I’m leaving after xmas’ every year

Just life mate. I'm flat out at mo, and grateful. Know what you mean, feast or famine, reaction is the same! X

ive just had to skim a wee hoose for persimmons in 4 days.. 4 beds 3 showers in 4 days.
working all weekend to skim the next 1 for wednesday.
with a brother in law who is in intensive care because of smashing amphetimines over the bank holiday weekend..heart failure...doctors say its too late his brain is dead.
a woman who cries herself to sleep and wakes me up in the morning crying with sadness...because her brothers dying.
another brother who needs help this week because the baliffs keep knocking.
my older brother f**k*d off because his little man broke his leg and cant play for englands under 14s.
3 young nippers to deal with everyday.
i think thats it for this week from the top of my head.....oh i also left my mind somewhere and forget to take my 10 year old to her guitar lessons and she hates me !!

ive just had to skim a wee hoose for persimmons in 4 days.. 4 beds 3 showers in 4 days.
with a brother in law who is in intensive care because of smashing amphetimines over the bank holiday weekend..heart failure...doctors say its too late his brain is dead.
a woman who cries herself to sleep and wakes me up in the morning crying with sadness...because her brothers dying.
my older brother f**k*d off because his little man broke his leg and cant play for englands under 14s.
i think thats it for this week from the top of my head.....oh i also left my kmind somewhere and forget to take my 10 year old to her guitar lessons and she hates me !!

Nothing I can say to that Algee x

Use to be the same when I worked in bars... everybody was always leaving etc.,... then on their days off they would come in and say hello... wtf?

i think thats it for this week from the top of my head.....oh i also left my mind somewhere and forget to take my 10 year old to her guitar lessons and she hates me !!

bl;ooody hell... I cant imagine doing that :D I like domestic slow and steady and always time for a brew :D

Vince your that enthusiastic about plastering I'm sure you will make it work!

Yer F*****g weirdo!!!
Tell you mate we all in same boat, just coming to end of one refurb it’s been bonkers there , never should of done it alone but anyone who was gonna help me and any good couldn’t get there at right time to help , next one I start Wednesday, got Zol helping for one day then gonna try to get the customer to be my labourer lol

So following on from previous thread....

What works for you lot?

Tried labourers/apprentices - didnt't work

Casual arrangements with other self employed spreads. - works until they get better offers or there own worj don't try/care

Only 1 thing left to try is take on a spread full time but just can't imagine it working?

So many jobs for example only require 1 spread for 1 day or say 3 days for 1 man so in that situation what can be done other than split and go to separate jobs or price for 2 blokes and lose work or take a hit yourselves on money!

But for me this is when the stress and hassle start as firstly customers are accepting a quote based on me doing the work and sadly it would seem you just can't trust people to consistently leave jobs to the standard including cleaning down and site manners that I expect.

It's the working on own that kills me not the graft!
How do u one mate

Same story here.

Everything's just blown up.
I only do domestic and have been pondering this very scenario for the last 2 weeks.

Been in the boat before where you try take someone on casual but they start nicking work and letting you down.

I think the only way is to take somebody on full blown.
Then you've got the headache of all that that goes with it plus then keeping enough work rolling.

Easier on commercial contract work but you get all the bull s**t with that.

Rock and hard place springs to mind.

Same story here.

Everything's just blown up.
I only do domestic and have been pondering this very scenario for the last 2 weeks.

Been in the boat before where you try take someone on casual but they start nicking work and letting you down.

I think the only way is to take somebody on full blown.
Then you've got the headache of all that that goes with it plus then keeping enough work rolling.

Easier on commercial contract work but you get all the bull s**t with that.

Rock and hard place springs to mind.

I had a plasterer and 2 labourers on for.me and it was ok but that was before plastering prices plummeted so i may lose on some days but on most i was gaining.

I had a plasterer and 2 labourers on for.me and it was ok but that was before plastering prices plummeted so i may lose on some days but on most i was gaining.
I've noticed though over last 18 months the rates are rising again.
Domestic rates are and I'm generally getting what I want.

Kind you there's also a massive divide in domestic work/rates.
You tend to get the nice areas and people that want the work done right and willing to pay proper money for it.

Then there's the not so nice areas and landlords etc that just want everything as cheap as they possibly can.