WORK 7 DAYS a week ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincey

Private Member
Hi guys..
Just wanted to throw this out there to see what peoples thoughts are..
In my 20's and early 30's I would if asked do a Saturday and a couple of Sundays in a month..I always let the ££ keep me motivated as I always seem to spend it as soon as I earned it.35 - now 41 I slowed things right down still do in week and try finish 3ish to have some time to enjoy what I want to do..but last week I did 7 days and this will be 6 tomorrow getting ££ in for Xmas time off I feel absolutely done in.Today i thinking was the money worth it well yeah that's why we go but it does effect how you are with people and when I am dead I wont be taking money with me.
Thanks Vince

Get a lab and you can do the 7 days worth of work in 5 and easier on your old creaky joints.
Been working for a dodgy builder this week I wouldn't of dare take anyone else in there,s**t everywhere but get what ya saying

Hi guys..
In my 20's and early 30's I would if asked do a Saturday and a couple of Sundays in a month..I always let the ££ keep me motivated as I always seem to spend it as soon as I earned it.35 - now 41 I slowed things right down still do in week and try finish 3ish to have some time to enjoy what I want to do..but last week I did 7 days and this will be 6 tomorrow getting ££ in for Xmas time off I feel absolutely done in.Today i thinking was the money worth it well yeah that's why we go but it does effect how you are with people and when I am dead I wont be taking money with me.
Thanks Vince

Nearly cost me my marriage last yr....and robbed me of the first 10yrs of my eldest lads life...

all the time I thought I was doing the right thing providing them with a nice home and holidays abroad blabla.... don't get me wrong never been rich but tried to earn every penny I could for them...

funny isn't it the wife broke down it all hit the fan and turns out all she really wanted was more quality time as a family and for me to be there more for her and help with the kids...

shed have swapt our house and holidays in a hearbeat for someone that wasn't permantly shattered, irritated and snappy at everyone....

sometimes you take your eyes off the ball chasing the details and don't see the big picture!!!

mind you shell get a foookin shock next yr when shes camping in England and shopping at aldi!!!!

Nearly cost me my marriage last yr....and robbed me of the first 10yrs of my eldest lads life...

all the time I thought I was doing the right thing providing them with a nice home and holidays abroad blabla.... don't get me wrong never been rich but tried to earn every penny I could for them...

funny isn't it the wife broke down it all hit the fan and turns out all she really wanted was more quality time as a family and for me to be there more for her and help with the kids...

shed have swapt our house and holidays in a hearbeat for someone that wasn't permantly shattered, irritated and snappy at everyone....

sometimes you take your eyes off the ball chasing the details and don't see the big picture!!!

mind you shell get a foookin shock next yr when shes camping in England and shopping at aldi!!!!
We got a cabin with a hot tub sat on a lake with its own private garden and fishing peg, was fantastic and half the price of abroad.

Hi guys..
Thanks Vince
what the point of grafting away and killing your self .just to have nice car an extra holiday and end up fuked .id rather b happy and work til I can .like they say u can't buy health:birra:

We got a cabin with a hot tub sat on a lake with its own private garden and fishing peg, was fantastic and half the price of abroad.

That's my kinda holiday. Where was it??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what the point of grafting away and killing your self .just to have nice car an extra holiday and end up fuked .id rather b happy and work til I can .like they say u can't buy health:birra:
I agree..when I said yes to the jobs I didn't want to let them down as the Xmas break coming up.made me remember why I should only do 5 days.And probably should of said to the others if can't wait sorry can't do.

weekends are a rarity but ,sometimes I do for a reason
(usually if I'm rained off in the week ), (or if I have a Hol coming up )
,In the main I try & get as many weekends off -last two weeks finished on Thursdays 3 day wkds - could get used to them :D

I really wanted to finish a couple rendering jobs for Xmas although the weather put pay to that!!
My last day was yesterday and the customer asked if I'm working between Xmas and knew year and I said no I'm off now.i only needed another couple dry days
The look on there face.f**k um

Only work weekends to catch up which is a rareity! Weekends for having fun and enjoying friends and family! I won't ever be rich, but equally I have everything I want with fair amount left over. Only thing I dont have is own my own house yet but that's the joys of living in and around London, saving £50,000 deposit, not really willing to throw away my younger years just for an asset, happily rent for life if it's our only option. Just enjoy life, it's all that matters, even if its working 7 days that presses your buttons!

I really wanted to finish a couple rendering jobs for Xmas although the weather put pay to that!!
My last day was yesterday and the customer asked if I'm working between Xmas and knew year and I said no I'm off now.i only needed another couple dry days
selfish twatts mate

We're the same, we have various to finish but the weather has kicked us. We supposedly finished yesterday but ive dragged 2 in next week for a few days, we did straws for it, went down like a s**t sandwich.

You can work your nuts off when your young, but as you get older the game changes, I have enough mon- Friday,but in summer were 6 days. I did 7 days as a younger man, to build the business up and get a deposit for a house.

You can work your nuts off when your young, but as you get older the game changes, I have enough mon- Friday,but in summer were 6 days. I did 7 days as a younger man, to build the business up and get a deposit for a house.

Must be tough working away the best months of the year. I completely understand why you have to but i do the reverse. Don't mind putting the extra hours in when the weather is shite on internals and have more time off when the suns a shinin :sisi:

@ carys been like this for 5 years only had really 2 weeks off a year. A still enjoy going to work. If you enjoy it doesn't feel like your at work

Status
Not open for further replies.