woodchip

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhm, the woodchip won't steam off, it will pull the facing off the board behind, as you know. I've been in council houses where there's been no skim coat, just paper over board. When the punter's steamed it off it's pulled the facing off the board and you scrape it back and PVA and skim, maybe a tight patch of bonding where it's needed.

But if the woodchip doesn't steam off, what's stopping you skimming over the top?

Anyone?

No rational responses so far!

Just ignoring the main thrust of the argument that the woodcip won't steam off and implying it's skimming over any old paper. FFS!

i have to agree with beddy plastering over wall paper is one off the worst things u can do as a plasterer it just a no no u dont do it and if u do u should be shot with a ball off ur own s h i t

Jesus H christ! Why would YOU - not BEDDY - not skim over woodchip that will not even steam off? Not any old wallpaper but woodchip that will not steam off. In your own words, please..

I didn't really rise to this one because I thought it was a wind up. Your asking for the science behind why scimming over woodchip will fail (and trust me it will) I thought it was common knowledge to all trained plasterers that paper , no matter how well bonded to a wall is not a suitable surface for plaster!

Except for paper that's on plasterboards:RpS_sneaky: - just thought I'd stir things up a wee bit :RpS_biggrin:

Think your on to something there bubbles?
You could line the walls with plasterboard paper then skim it???..:RpS_blink:

so would you staple the paper onto the walls........................:RpS_unsure:

Im new to the Forum. Hello.

Ive been reading the posts on here for a few weeks and its quite funny with some of the banter and a few tips here and there as well but I had to register to say something on this one. You dont plaster over wallpaper wether its woodchip or not because its not a solid substrate. It will come off with a bit of hard work and a steamer. Youve said yourself that there were a few places where you had to redo it because it blistered on you. I dont know you or your work so dont take it the wrong way but this is cowboy advice. In one of your other thread from yesterday you said youre only as good as your last job! says it all doesnt it. if its woodchip onthe ceiling just board over if its on solid walls just hard work with the steamer or if its on board just reboard.

Jurek what is the polish for Yeehah?

Ive been reading the posts on here for a few weeks and its quite funny with some of the banter and a few tips here and there as well but I had to register to say something on this one. You dont plaster over wallpaper wether its woodchip or not because its not a solid substrate. It will come off with a bit of hard work and a steamer. Youve said yourself that there were a few places where you had to redo it because it blistered on you. I dont know you or your work so dont take it the wrong way but this is cowboy advice. In one of your other thread from yesterday you said youre only as good as your last job! says it all doesnt it. if its woodchip onthe ceiling just board over if its on solid walls just hard work with the steamer or if its on board just reboard.

hello.

hello mate, great first post.

Blah blah blah...How the f**k would I know what the Polish is for Cowboy?

And you're right, you don't know me or my work.

Not a solid substrate, eh? Learn that on the course? You must have been like a dog with two dicks when you came up with that, couldn't wait to get on here and mention it instead of sitting there whacking off. All the while I've been out working. I think says it all! But thanks, I won't take it the wrong way.

Some of us live in the real world, mate. When it won't come off with a steamer I'd think it was solid. PVA and skim it. Painted woodchip that is. That's after explaining the situation to the punter, that it should really be stripped, but if he can't be arsed...

F**k me, you couldn't make it up...one coat spongers, ruling off with a speedskim, etc. etc. and your getting high and mighty about skimming over some thirty year old woodchip that won't come off with a chisel.

Next you'll be telling me you've never used dirty water in a mix, you've never thrown a handful of lime in your bonding, you've never dabbed your beads over the old wooden staffs....It's called the real world.

"Yeah, the whole hall stairs and landing needs reboarding, that will be about £2000":RpS_scared:

But i'll agree with you about the ceiling, plasterarm, I'd board over that.

Anyway, off to price some real jobs

because you dont skim over wallpaper, and you dont price a job until you have seen the state of the walls your plastering, I always tell the customer, ring me when the wallpapers off.. it will bubble like fuk skimming woodchip... remember if the paper comes away from the wall, so does the plaster. you get a bad rep and look a **** ..

Blah blah blah...How the f**k would I know what the Polish is for Cowboy?

And you're right, you don't know me or my work.

Not a solid substrate, eh? Learn that on the course? You must have been like a dog with two dicks when you came up with that, couldn't wait to get on here and mention it instead of sitting there whacking off. All the while I've been out working. I think says it all! But thanks, I won't take it the wrong way.

Some of us live in the real world, mate. When it won't come off with a steamer I'd think it was solid. PVA and skim it. Painted woodchip that is. That's after explaining the situation to the punter, that it should really be stripped, but if he can't be arsed...

F**k me, you couldn't make it up...one coat spongers, ruling off with a speedskim, etc. etc. and your getting high and mighty about skimming over some thirty year old woodchip that won't come off with a chisel.

Next you'll be telling me you've never used dirty water in a mix, you've never thrown a handful of lime in your bonding, you've never dabbed your beads over the old wooden staffs....It's called the real world.

"Yeah, the whole hall stairs and landing needs reboarding, that will be about £2000":RpS_scared:

But i'll agree with you about the ceiling, plasterarm, I'd board over that.

Anyway, off to price some real jobs

:RpS_laugh:

Welcome mate, what do we call you? Your username is a tad long :RpS_thumbsup:

I've jus had to repair a room where someone had skimmed over wood chip. Stayed on bout 9 months until plaster started flaking off the woodchip but the wood chip remained on the wall. Over boarded the lot. Can't skim over wood chip no way. Any spread that does needs a quiet word with em self in the corner.

well you here'd it all fick me .all those ingredients ring the hairy bikers :RpS_confused:

Fresh semon :RpS_thumbsup:

Was that a spelling mistake and you meant lemon ?. Anyway this thread has gone anal, I means viral because of bubbles stiring it up........I think we now need a woodchip section for all the non believers.....:RpS_thumbsup:

it was father jack who said that would be a ecumenical matter and u have posted twice and ur silance on the matter is strange to say the least

YEEEEEEEEEHAHHHHH! RIDE EM COWBOY!

no i wouldnt do any of the things that you mentioned jurek bacuase dirty water will make the finish craze and lime is for for sand and cement not bonding and i dont know what stafs are but if they are wood dont plaster over them you should hang your head in shame

thanks olican how about TPA

jurek i know a good way to get woodchip to come off - plaster over it

Was that a spelling mistake and you meant lemon ?. Anyway this thread has gone anal, I means viral because of bubbles stiring it up........I think we now need a woodchip section for all the non believers.....:RpS_thumbsup:
forgot to add that it must be human, I cant believe some people think there arent any sensible posts on this thread. Im off to the happy section:RpS_blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.