woodchip

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

northyskim

got 2 rooms to skim in a flat price is very tight so no room to replace the plasterboard

but heres the problem two walls witch are plasterboard have bin woodchipped

i wont be using a steamer as dont wanna soak n damage board behind it

anyone had any success in removing woodchip from plasterboard ?

Woodchip sticks like ****. There's no backing paper. If it hasn't peeled away anywhere just throw a handful of multi in your PVA and skim. Don't soak it, use a strong mix. Would never skim over paper but I've done a HS and L in the last 12 months that I started off trying to steam and scrape with a 6 inch razor scraper that it was coming off an inch at a time, so just skimmed over it. No problem. Maybe two or three patches in the corners on the whole job that had to be scraped. Was a silk emulsion finish on the woodchip which probably helped.

wen i say tight i mean even if i av to buy more plasterboard ill still be taking home 140 a day but will ad more time to job witch will be tight as iv priced it for so many days

But how can you price a job when you don't know what stage the walls arw are going to be in or what prep will need doing.

And yes jurek you are the rough **** I was referring to

But how can you price a job when you don't know what stage the walls arw are going to be in or what prep will need doing.

And yes jurek you are the rough **** I was referring to

Jesus. Children can be so cruel.

If artex doesn't scrape off, I skim over it; if woodchip doesn't steam off I .... skim over it?

its only take the woodchip off 2 plasterboard walls even if worst comes to worst its gunna be half a day if that to re-board it so no real hidden problems
just trying to find away around having that problem

F**k me! Without the asides, why would you not skim over something that you can't even steam off? Nice uniform background. Bit of multi in the PVA, or pregrit, especially if it's silk emulsion...What's the problem?

F**k me! Without the asides, why would you not skim over something that you can't even steam off? Nice uniform background. Bit of multi in the PVA, or pregrit, especially if it's silk emulsion...What's the problem?

I stand corrected said the man in the orthopedic shoes! Fair enough Jurek, you crack on scim over as much paper as you wish. Im sure it will stand the test of time.

I stand corrected said the man in the orthopedic shoes! Fair enough Jurek, you crack on scim over as much paper as you wish. Im sure it will stand the test of time.

Whatever. I thought I'd said I'd tried to steam the woodchip off, but it wouldn't steam off, and that I'd never skim over other paper, but ignore that. By the way, if anyone can answer the question, if the woodchip wouldn't steam off why would you not skim over it?

very fluent, first class dear boy. In answer to your question its a matter of negative and positive particle reaction, something you should always consider :RpS_wink:

If you're going to be a rough **** you might aswell make it all up as you go along

Errr......improves the key for the plaster..? Especially if it's painted in silk and there's no suction and even a steamer won't get it off....

Unbelievable. You should be thanking me for the advice. I've probably forgotten more than you'll ever know.:RpS_thumbsup:

Unbelievable. You should be thanking me for the advice. I've probably forgotten more than you'll ever know.:RpS_thumbsup:

Maybe that was bit much. Just kidding. But if someone can answer the question then I'll stand corrected, otherwise ....

i have to agree with beddy plastering over wall paper is one off the worst things u can do as a plasterer it just a no no u dont do it and if u do u should be shot with a ball off ur own s h i t

re- board you bandit, i cant believe there is even a discussion about skimming over wood chip! :RpS_thumbdn: Even if you board you will be on £140 a day? whats the problem.....GREED! I would suggest you do the right thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.