Wood wool

Members online

No members online now.
we purchased the lime from mike wye.
Secil adhesive, with a full mesh. with a scratch. we scrape back so that it does not bury the mesh. [ like the british method on EWI ]
2nd coat, Secil eco cork to a neat sponge finish.
3rd coat, tight 2 coats of regency finish. [as skimming ]
we found it better to leave each coat to dry before applying the next coat. regency finish is very slow it needs to be on before 10am to finish by 3pm.
you can finish with eco cork which sets quicker but not quite as fine.

we purchased the lime from mike wye.
Secil adhesive, with a full mesh. with a scratch. we scrape back so that it does not bury the mesh. [ like the british method on EWI ]
2nd coat, Secil eco cork to a neat sponge finish.
3rd coat, tight 2 coats of regency finish. [as skimming ]
we found it better to leave each coat to dry before applying the next coat. regency finish is very slow it needs to be on before 10am to finish by 3pm.
you can finish with eco cork which sets quicker but not quite as fine.

As always a fountain of knowledge Malc!

You put the rest of us chancers to shame!

regency finish is ready mixed in a plastic tub, with the correct amount of water already added. the water floats to the top after transport and needs remixing. we found it is best to remove a mug full of water and just add a little as needed, it can i my opinion come up to wet.

You need a Base coat of lime render to bed mesh in ....
it's only necessary to go over joints but we use a mesh over whole board as it's easier and a in the end a better job
After Base coat dry (1 -2 days)
Finish coat of lime finish

malc uses slightly different material to myself but the board is versatile and can be used with a variety of lime based materials

15 mm for ceiling, 12 for walls and do not wet the boards prior plastering

AFB882C0-440B-473F-99D3-2FEF49A46BA1.jpeg

Attachments

• 25AC9DE3-1C85-4757-9BD3-13CAA6B564EE.jpeg
    25AC9DE3-1C85-4757-9BD3-13CAA6B564EE.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 405
Last edited:
l*m*-g***n solo finish will go straight on mate with mesh that they sell too used that last year very nice gear to use too

Where the f**k do you live?

Africa?
That's what the customer wanted! I love lime work can be very interesting better than just skimming :sleep: there's a lot of that in Devon still there about 100 years behind rest of the country it's great I love it:LOL: