why do we start on the right?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
You also apply more pressure with the heel of the trowel than the toe. Applying skimming from left to right reduces the trowel marks and when putting on floating coat or render it compacts the material together better.

Its got **** all to do with the heel or the toe of the trowel the reason you float the opposite way to skimming is your looking down the wall as your doing it. Your working into yourself instead of working away so you can see what your doing with the wall ie how straight or flat your getting it, also your not spreading the gear to nothing like you are with skimming, its obvious why you wouldnt skim that way coz you would constantly have trowel lines.

True I feel blind laying on skim im standing so far away I really have no clue of how thick im laying it on

True I feel blind laying on skim im standing so far away I really have no clue of how thick im laying it on

Yeh but like i said el spunky when your floating your looking down the wall rather than when your skimming your looking at the surface :)

The reason for for a right handed spread to skim left to right and render or float right to left is because more pressure is applied with the heel of the trowel than the toe. Doing it this way reduces the trowel marks in your skimming and helps to compact the render or floating coat to the background.

Ive worked with lads who render left to right when im following up dashing its a tw@ cos im working arse about face F*****g skimmers that think they can render

i must be the only one that renders left to right then.................:RpS_confused:

I was not having a pop at you mate I often render left to right :RpS_thumbup:
I know marra..........Ive just never heard about doing it arse about face for rendering/floating.............unlike casper i knew i couldnt be the only one..........:RpS_thumbup:

Not sure what you mean with casper

Caspers aviatar is/used to be that dude from highlander...........you know the one...."there can be only ".cobblers..........its a play on words H............it doesnt seem so funny now that ive explained it............:RpS_blushing:

I always work from left to right when rendering ,it just seems more methodical for me to do it that way .

i know ! instead of wondering they why's or why not's, try doing it the other direction and judge for your selves lol

There is always a cleaver c**t who thinks he knows better.

**** all to do with clever or knowing better its the way, if you want to make up a load of bollox then when its questioned come out with this s**t carry on. I didnt make it up, if you was taught correctly you would know, dont shoot the messenger xxx

Jeez, somebody asks a question and you give an answer that people don't like or agree with and your a smart ****. In all honesty Henry I'm shaking my head in disbelief not knowing what to say, perhaps this is one of those times to say nothing. Hope you've learnt something else as well.

Jeez, somebody asks a question and you give an answer that people don't like or agree with and your a smart ****. In all honesty Henry I'm shaking my head in disbelief not knowing what to say, perhaps this is one of those times to say nothing. Hope you've learnt something else as well.

What are you talking about who the feck are you to tell me anything.:flapper::flapper::flapper:

Flynnymarra, do you get the same effect if you spray from right to left.............:RpS_biggrin:

Yep it is exactly the same for spraying ;) Also Pva the same, ie if your right handed PVA left to right and the gear is going off at the same time as your skimming :)

I know what J.T.P stands for :RpS_wink:

But not sure what C W stands for.....there's only one C W that i know on here :-0 it can't be him can it lol.
Hmmm gonna have to check this one out :glare:

is it Juicy Tai Pork & Chicken Wings..................:RpS_confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.