• Thread starter Deleted member 23452
  • Start date

Members online

Current working status?

• Not at all anywhere.

Votes: 47 55.3%
  • Yes, but only person on site.

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • Yes, on site with others but practising safe isolation.

Votes: 12 14.1%
  • Part time urgent jobs.

Votes: 10 11.8%
  • Working as normal 'cause fcuk it.

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 23452

Just to gauge numbers out of curiosity. I'd suggest not commenting on of you are or not, just on the numbers to avoid rows over stuff we can't do anything about.

(Bus stop rendezvous optional.)

Just to gauge numbers out of curiosity. I'd suggest not commenting on of you are or not, just on the numbers to avoid rows over stuff we can't do anything about.

(Bus stop rendezvous optional.)

I'm not but have had some fresh enquires and people asking for work to be carried out in there homes. Which personally I think is selfish but that's another thread.

Also had people that were booked in asking when likely to be returning as though there patience is waining.

I'm not but have had some fresh enquires and people asking for work to be carried out in there homes. Which personally I think is selfish but that's another thread.

Also had people that were booked in asking when likely to be returning as though there patience is waining.

I had a bloke emailing about a job repointing (Lime) the front of his house, rebuild a garden wall etc. I replied saying that we were committed until the end of the year at least so he should ring me next Spring. To be honest that wasn't because of Covid, it's just a nice warm day and I have completely dropped out of gear with work, customers and work in general. :oops: :ROFLMAO:

I had a bloke emailing about a job repointing (Lime) the front of his house, rebuild a garden wall etc. I replied saying that we were committed until the end of the year at least so he should ring me next Spring. To be honest that wasn't because of Covid, it's just a nice warm day and I have completely dropped out of gear with work, customers and work in general. :oops: :ROFLMAO:

My suspicion of fresh enquiries is that they had there

My suspicion of my fresh leads are that the customers had other spreads booked in that had rightly cancelled due to Corona virus and they were not happy to wait.

I honestly despair that people think that it is ok to ask a tradesman out into there homes at the moment for anything other than electrical and plumbing emergencies.

They are the same people that will be moaning if they had to go I to there work places!

I think plasterers are being the strictest,
In the last 4 weeks I've had tons and tons of sand and cement delivered,
All kinds of drainage,
Septic tank,
120 ton hardcore 6 journeys
I've had diggers dumpers and rollers rotavators all hired and delivered separate times,
Countless other little things,
Several deliveries of furniture from John Lewis,
Loads of stuff still going on that's not essential

weve had 4 weeks off. but contractors been working but cut site down to 1 emoloyee and 2 trades as in 2 plumber or 2 sparks etc.

they are now ready for us. so next week we will have 2 on each site and only ones on a floor or an external.

I think plasterers are being the strictest,
In the last 4 weeks I've had tons and tons of sand and cement delivered,
All kinds of drainage,
Septic tank,
120 ton hardcore 6 journeys
I've had diggers dumpers and rollers rotavators all hired and delivered separate times,
Countless other little things,
Several deliveries of furniture from John Lewis,
Loads of stuff still going on that's not essential

I agree, but it's not just spreads. Some are being very strict with the lockdown and others don't seem to give a monkey's. Apparently the British public are sticking to it in way higher numbers than the Gov't expected. That's a good thing I guess as it means there'll be at least a partial lift sooner than would have been the case otherwise.

I think people are daft if they're out and about without having a good reason, but I understand those that can't take the hit of not earning. I have to say though, I'm no more bothered about what other people do over this than I am anything else. If it doesn't directly affect me then it's not my concern.

weve had 4 weeks off. but contractors been working but cut site down to 1 emoloyee and 2 trades as in 2 plumber or 2 sparks etc.

they are now ready for us. so next week we will have 2 on each site and only ones on a floor or an external.

I spoke to a bricky who runs a gang (does work for me sometimes too) and he said Persimmon sites were up and running after a two week break for Easter. He told the agent he wasn't happy about going back yet even though it was costing him. The agent told him if he wasn't on site this week they'd get someone else in and he'd never work for them again. Sh1t attitude from a sh1thouse outfit TBH.

I agree, but it's not just spreads. Some are being very strict with the lockdown and others don't seem to give a monkey's. Apparently the British public are sticking to it in way higher numbers than the Gov't expected. That's a good thing I guess as it means there'll be at least a partial lift sooner than would have been the case otherwise.

I think people are daft if they're out and about without having a good reason, but I understand those that can't take the hit of not earning. I have to say though, I'm no more bothered about what other people do over this than I am anything else. If it doesn't directly affect me then it's not my concern.
I'm going back to work full-time on Monday,
I'm doing an agricultural job which is classed as essential that will last 3-weeks,
After that I'm going to do 4 of my rendering jobs that are rural unoccupied builds that I have hand picked and scheduled with my customers I've took deposits to cover outlay on all jobs under the current situation.

I'm going back to work full-time on Monday,
I'm doing an agricultural job which is classed as essential that will last 3-weeks,
After that I'm going to do 4 of my rendering jobs that are rural unoccupied builds that I have hand picked and scheduled with my customers I've took deposits to cover outlay on all jobs under the current situation.

Can you get materials ok?

I’m off like we all should be but like zombie today I’m out quoting new enquires, this has lifted my mood big time to know people are still wanting prices especially my work as domestic is a good gauge of what is to come , I got 4 to look at which is totally normal for me so fingers crossed I get a couple of them that’s all I’ll need to get ticking over again and stay safe lads this is still a world wide pandemic remember
Even oil prices for a barrel fell to -$40 a barrel yesterday, they were trying to give it away for free that alone tells you what kinda world we are in right now

I have to say I think its disgusting how some companies have bent the rules to suit there agenda.

It's been left with far to many grey areas and I'm no better looking for deliveries like bbq & hot tubs its plain wrong.

It's the inconsistency which will make people crack not the length of the shut down imo
I agree mate it’s total greed as they are getting paid anyway

I’m off like we all should be but like zombie today I’m out quoting new enquires, this has lifted my mood big time to know people are still wanting prices especially my work as domestic is a good gauge of what is to come , I got 4 to look at which is totally normal for me so fingers crossed I get a couple of them that’s all I’ll need to get ticking over again and stay safe lads this is still a world wide pandemic remember
Even oil prices for a barrel fell to -$40 a barrel yesterday, they were trying to give it away for free that alone tells you what kinda world we are in right now

I'm convinced the economy will be split onto 2 camps.

Camp 1) who's jobs etc safe will spend like mad and create a spike.

Camp 2)people on there arse and rightly not spending.

As always location will be everything London will be as it was within 6 months north will suffer for a few years.

What I do hope is that the media at that point reign in the doom as I'm sure that made the crash last a couple of years longer than needed!

I think the whole semi lockdown is now breaking down.bq is mobbed with long queues.people buying non essential stuff.i had a few calls from customers.im still not going but I reckon I'm going to get dumped.
People are looking at Germany,Sweden and thinking hey if they can do it.also look at america.it might bite them in the arse but until a few months down the line who knows.mental health issues becoming more talked about everyday.i can see more of our trade going back.right or wrong.

I think the only thing that will stop trades, plastering in general will be supply chain issues.

If bq are allowed to sell F*****g panzies to silly old T***s queueing outside for 2 hours people will rightly buckle!

As always location will be everything London will be as it was within 6 months north will suffer for a few years.

The big cities will come back quite quickly, I think they may have one of those up North? But I think the smaller towns and rural places will suffer for a good while.

I think the only thing that will stop trades, plastering in general will be supply chain issues.

If bq are allowed to sell F*****g panzies to silly old T***s queueing outside for 2 hours people will rightly buckle!

EH Smith have said that they're now starting to do deliveries for account customers. They'd shut up shop completely a few weeks back. They're operating with "strict social distancing policies". Not quite sure how that'll work unless they've had the trucks fitted with trebuchets?

I put no but I’m seriously gonna start going jimmy crackpot in a minute! Got to think seriously about going and starting a job I have on Monday just to keep my head out of the s**t! It’s turning into a s**t holiday now.
Go for a run and clear your head

I found 100 bags of board finish at Wickes, and thought I'd buy 30 bags and put it in the shed for a month so I could start back up when it's safer. Couldn't buy any of it as "it's not essential" I could however buy a pressure washer, paint, decking etc if I wished...

If you are getting deliveries of plaster you would have to make sure note was added that stuff was in date still!
If it was just one day out I’d insist on at least 70% discount.

If you are getting deliveries of plaster you would have to make sure note was added that stuff was in date still!
If it was just one day out I’d insist on at least 70% discount.
I find most of the time in Wickes plasters about 4 months in date. Got a couple of bags in the shed with June dates and I haven't bought any for at least a month. Interesting to see when the merchants start back up though as they are often only a couple of months

I spoke to a bricky who runs a gang (does work for me sometimes too) and he said Persimmon sites were up and running after a two week break for Easter. He told the agent he wasn't happy about going back yet even though it was costing him. The agent told him if he wasn't on site this week they'd get someone else in and he'd never work for them again. Sh1t attitude from a sh1thouse outfit TBH.
nationals will have that attitude as they have big targets.

i only do small outfits where they have few extensions on at a time or a 1 off big house so its alot more relaxed

Had 3 weeks off like a good boy. Stopped all works and quotes. Felt like s**t everyday and just drank every day.

went back Monday as got empty houses ready to go with materials on site.

still feel s**t and still drinking every day

WIN
How dare you, you pond scum bottom feeder :ROFLMAO:
Actually, now everyone is cracking the insults will stop. Bloody hypocrites :LOL:

that’s what Morgan Sindall requested from me , one plasterer on site. I said no and offered to two of my lads they both said no, think they are happy draining cans and sniffing gear and their rebates just landed lol, they think they are on holiday in their gardens

@imago just go back lol

I've just registered the domain name for my new 'fcuk this building game bullsh1t' business. 12 months to set up, 12 months to ramp up the new one whilst ramping down the current one sees me in a construction industry free zone a few months before my 55th birthday. (y)

that’s what Morgan Sindall requested from me , one plasterer on site. I said no and offered to two of my lads they both said no, think they are happy draining cans and sniffing gear and their rebates just landed lol, they think they are on holiday in their gardens
done all them sites when i was on for paddingtons. hated the national builders