Whos currently working???

Members online

Got building control in tomorrow, concrete and a pump , then the jobs nearly moth balled apart from the bricklayer who’ll work alone , I’ll do the neighbours fence ,

I agree, I just get annoyed as I have vulnerable people in my family and it pisses me off the lax approach people are taking. That's why they need to bring in stricter methods asap. They can't give people the option of choosing money over lives
silly man, was 6 meters away and was only dropping tools that day.
Explain better next time then you thought there weren't 4 people involved in taking that picture must have a floating camera which is a better invention than tapits tape and them two window fitters must be ghosts.

Flat out not even got time for this fookin forum.

Lockup full of materials for the danger 3 empty houses ready toGo materials on site.

on a kitchen dina at min finish that tomo then only empty housesView attachment 46468View attachment 46469View attachment 46470View attachment 46471View attachment 46472
Flat out not even got time for this fookin forum.

Lockup full of materials for the danger 3 empty houses ready toGo materials on site.

on a kitchen dina at min finish that tomo then only empty housesView attachment 46468View attachment 46469View attachment 46470View attachment 46471View attachment 46472
I'm busting with work mate but relying on other trades to follow up from is the problem for me, got plenty of materials but can't get colour mixed,
Stick around mate we need help on here seeing of some clever f**k**s

Why brag about it on here I'm guessing the majority on here don't know each personally so know one would know who's working and who isn't. just keep it to yourself and crack on if you want to work.
Actually you're quite wrong. Lots of the guys on here do know each other quite well, even if only on an internet basis. Loads of us have also met other forum members socially as well.
There's very little serious bragging goes on, and even when we disagree about things we seem to get along on the whole.

I agree, I just get annoyed as I have vulnerable people in my family and it pisses me off the lax approach people are taking. That's why they need to bring in stricter methods asap. They can't give people the option of choosing money over lives
I've got a mum and dad in their seventies and my old man has less than 30% lung capacity, so you're not alone in that.
I went to Aldi at the weekend and work today, I know where I felt it more likely to come into contact with this virus.
On the subject of food being essential; if people only bought what is truly essential, good wholesome healthy food, when visiting the supermarkets, they'd need to go a lot less often.

Actually you're quite wrong. Lots of the guys on here do know each other quite well, even if only on an internet basis. Loads of us have also met other forum members socially as well.
There's very little serious bragging goes on, and even when we disagree about things we seem to get along on the whole.
That's fair enough mate but why say I've got this on and that on and I'm still working when the majority are staying off work and doing the decent thing.

That's fair enough mate but why say I've got this on and that on and I'm still working when the majority are staying off work and doing the decent thing.
Because in his opinion, which is as valid as yours or mine, he doesn't think that staying off work is 'the decent thing'. If he's working safely, as my son and I have been, then he's free to crack on. And that's according to the government.

I've got a mum and dad in their seventies and my old man has less than 30% lung capacity, so you're not alone in that.
I went to Aldi at the weekend and work today, I know where I felt it more likely to come into contact with this virus.
On the subject of food being essential; if people only bought what is truly essential, good wholesome healthy food, when visiting the supermarkets, they'd need to go a lot less often.
I'd probably disagree with that tbh. You can fill a freezer full of shite and live off it for weeks. Fruit and veg will go off

I got that they were window fitters. It's madness working on site with other people. Say you go to the supermarket and get it, bring it home give it to your family, then go to work as you may not show symptoms for a few days, so now your mates got it and gives it to his family.
I just can't get the justification for working through this
i can’t get my head round it either,but it’s there choices.

I'd probably disagree with that tbh. You can fill a freezer full of shite and live off it for weeks. Fruit and veg will go off

I batch cook because I don't like the food industry. Usually the only thing I take out of a tin is beer.

I always have things like curries and stews portioned up and ready to go.

Keep a war chest of dried stuff in too. Stuff that i don't generally eat. Packet pastas and tinned veg and wotnot.
Bit of mini prepping. I worked at Tesco for a while delivering to the stores. The way their system works is that everything in their system is earmarked to replace a sale. If supply is disrupted then they'll run out within hours.
Nobody holds any stock. The system is called Just Enough Just in Time.

So I've always held on to a pile of things that might suffer disruption. Like bog roll

I batch cook because I don't like the food industry. Usually the only thing I take out of a tin is beer.

Keep a war chest of dried stuff in too. Stuff that i don't generally eat. Packet pastas and tinned veg and wotnot.
Bit of mini prepping. I worked at Tesco for a while delivering to the stores. The way their system works is that everything in their system is earmarked to replace a sale. If supply is disrupted then they'll run out within hours.

So I've always held on to a pile of things that might suffer disruption. Like bog roll
No one likes a smartarse :inocente:

Yes we batch cook as well Steve.
Big trays of lasagne, pots of chilli and of stew. Little waste.

Thing is the government still not telling airports to check arrivals from virus hot spots,Italy,spain and america,still coming through and theres no social distancing at airports,why should I stay at home and lose money when government are not obviously seeing it as a big deal..your telling me the first port of call shouldn't be to check passengers flying in from them countries? Airports should be first on the list..morning my brothers,quick coffee then it's off to skim my second box room of the week

He’s right about the airports.
He is yes, but it comes down to resources. They haven't even managed to get tests for NHS staff, well only a handful of them.
Plus testing people from other countries is pretty pointless now the virus has well and truly taken hold here already

He is yes, but it comes down to resources. They haven't even managed to get tests for NHS staff, well only a handful of them.
Plus testing people from other countries is pretty pointless now the virus has well and truly taken hold here already
They should have been shut down.I’m sitting at home on a lockdown while flights still coming into Dublin airport and there not getting checked.