Who amongst us would want their Son to be a Plasterer?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sure my dad would say the same!

To add another side to this discussion, as you may have gathered I work with my old man.

At first i hated it, was there only to get money for the weekend, went out on the piss, hung over at work, and thought "bollox to this ****, im going to be rich some other way!"

However as i have got older I soon relised that that was not going to happen and saw the oppertunity I had in front of me to learn a trade of someone who was and is very good at it. He is not a computer whiz so has never come on this forum and many will not have meet or heard of him.

I still learn something in some little way from him ever day and would not change anything in the way i have progressed in life. I like the fact that we bounce ideas of each other and get to spend most days in each others company.

He is almost 60 soon and I will be very sad when the day comes that we no long work and see each other almost every day comes.

Do i wish my kids did this in the future?

No

Its very hard work for the amount we get paid. Im not saying its a bad living but we all know their are better things to be doing to pay the bills!

From my point of a view its all about keeping them studying at school from 16-20 when the temptation of beer and girls seem to steer you in the wrong the direction.

I did that had a great time and meet my wife so even if they did i couldn't go to mental at him!

Merry Christmas Every One :)

Is that your dad who is in the CPI Ritmo youtube vid? Apologies if it is you only he looks like he's in his late 50's.

Is that your dad who is in the CPI Ritmo youtube vid? Apologies if it is you only he looks like he's in his late 50's.
Lol, Steve's profile says he's 29, so if that is him in the vid, he had a fcuking hard paper round!

took my lad on as an apprentice in aug seams to be doing ok at college and with me didn't really want him to plaster but nothing else available and Id made him the offer last year so he could mull it over. Ive told him to learn this and qualify to nvq 2 then if its for him go for nvq 3 if not he,ll be 19 so train for something else and become multi trade

took my lad on as an apprentice in aug seams to be doing ok at college and with me didn't really want him to plaster but nothing else available and Id made him the offer last year so he could mull it over. Ive told him to learn this and qualify to nvq 2 then if its for him go for nvq 3 if not he,ll be 19 so train for something else and become multi trade

With his qualifications he could get immigration to Australia or New Zealand. More work in Oz but way to hot! NZ is a better climate. No traditional rendering in NZ except Napier (loads 0f 30,s Art Deco) but a lot of new build being timber frame is having insulated render systems like ours. Not to keep the heat in but the heat out.

Both Countries are nice to live in but my Favourite is NZ, a lot greener and no shortage of water.

Status
Not open for further replies.