Which trowels

I always rub sandpaper over my carbon first thing in a morning. Got it in my head it takes a fine layer of rust off.

I carry a small piece of marble.

Small slab, an offcut from a worktop on a job. 12" x 2"

Just run that up and down to 'hone' them in in the morning.

I carry a small piece of marble.

Small slab, an offcut from a worktop on a job. 12" x 2"

Just run that up and down to 'hone' them in in the morning.
I do it as imo it seems better 2 nd set if I don't. Prob in mynhead

Do you wear lucky pants as well?

giphy.gif

Last edited:
gold ones are treated at a higher temperature which gives it that colour and makes the stainless steel a little more hard wearing than standard SS
My current trowel is an unknown that was left on a job. Customer said you can have it. Handle has shrunk from the end leaving a gap that my skin goes in and hurts. Trowel before that was 13" stainless permashape but ended up to curved after about 9 years of use. Think I'll go for the gold, see if the shape lasts a bit longer. I like the 5" wide too as it gives more knuckle room when working up to a wall. Or worse, a wall with a door on that had architrave waiting to pounce on your knuckles....lol

I've been plastering for over twenty five years and probably kept myself to myself and don't look at new ways, so it was a surprise to me to decide to buy a new trowel. Having always used Marsheltown I decided to go for a s*p*r*lex from Regina. It said suitable for multi and board finish. Perfect I thought.
It turned up and the blade is really thin and written on the packaging it states only for latter troweling.
What a rip off I thought having always used one trowel for everything.
So without teaching me to suck eggs what's the M.O with trowels now. Do I really need one for putting on, another one for laying and another for troweling plus also a plastic one?
And why is everyone obsessed with plaster being really smooth!
I was taught to make it flat with no marks but to feel like a really fine grade sand paper so it takes the paint well.
This should be fun.........eeek
Give it one trowel nice flat no marks is great m8. But when that certain time of day come and the sun shines in and hit the shadows then your thinking to your self I should of trowel that wall better!!!

Give it one trowel nice flat no marks is great m8. But when that certain time of day come and the sun shines in and hit the shadows then your thinking to your self I should of trowel that wall better!!!
Not sure who said to only trowel up once. Twice on a good day. I did say I use 1 trowel for laying on and troweling up. And rendering. Lol