Which plastering job is better and why?

Mir11

Hi,

Advice and opinions from all experts out there
Had a skim done at my house, that was bashed by a friend. He has sent me a picture of what a 'proper' plastering job should look like.
What do you guys think?
Mine is the one thats dried out with the exposed floorboards. He has had a garage plastered.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200601-195804_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20200601-195804_WhatsApp.jpg
    634.7 KB · Views: 645
  • Screenshot_20200601-195812_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20200601-195812_WhatsApp.jpg
    781.8 KB · Views: 634
Rendering beats skimming hands down better money and outdoors I’ve got a lovely tan coming on nicely (y)

Whilst the world burns, Roger and Harry get into a heated discussion over who’s plasterer is better.

Actually given me an idea to while away the hours and I bring you Top Trumps Cards, plastering edition.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on what categories should be used to score and rate each plasterer?

Talking out Your Arse (Me)
Best/Worse Drunk comments
Most Rabid Political Rant (bus stop)
Worst product or Invention or Idea (Guess!)
Most knowlegable Renderer/Mono-cushty King (or Queen if you like)
Ditto Plasterering Queen
Best Van (Christy)
Are they a full time real spread or a part-time Pretender (Me)
Honesty (at least on the forum!)
And,,DILL(we)GF about their score on the above? This scores and trumps all of the above.

:numberone:

im guessing the garage was fresh plasterboard and yours was a reskim.

camera phones are good but doesnt usually show if any inperfections.

your plasterer looks like he has done a half decent job and cleaned up well with sockets cut out which is a big thing i look for.

aslong as once youve painted it looks good then there is no problem.

Whilst the world burns, Roger and Harry get into a heated discussion over who’s plasterer is better.

Actually given me an idea to while away the hours and I bring you Top Trumps Cards, plastering edition.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on what categories should be used to score and rate each plasterer?
As long as you get the algeeman card you've pretty much won.

How many bags of multi finish in stock
Most £££ paid for a bag
Willy size (ChrispyUK tape measured approved)
How fit is the Mrs (again ChrispyUK approved)
Fastest van

I have attached pics for close ups of the job as requested. I have come to the decision that's its fair to say that the plasterer has had a royal flush in taking me up my behind because he is not answering my calls.

I will go with your advice and get a mist coat on and check how bad it is , however, i will have alot of 'making good' or even maybe reskimming on some walls.
Before anyone says 'you get what you pay for, he wasn't cheap and he wasn't expensive; BUT HE WAS A CHANCER ( which i didn't spot obviously). I had never used him before
It was a skim on walls of a 3 bed semi.
Thanks for all the replies
Any advice on correcting some of these catastrophes would be appreciated

Attachments

• 20200603_185156.jpg
    20200603_185156.jpg
    1,006 KB · Views: 397
  • 20200603_185239.jpg
    20200603_185239.jpg
    971 KB · Views: 393
  • 20200603_185257.jpg
    20200603_185257.jpg
    437.9 KB · Views: 386
  • 20200603_190238.jpg
    20200603_190238.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 378
  • 20200603_191649.jpg
    20200603_191649.jpg
    821.2 KB · Views: 371
  • 20200603_210449.jpg
    20200603_210449.jpg
    562.9 KB · Views: 371
  • 20200603_185752.jpg
    20200603_185752.jpg
    906.1 KB · Views: 376
  • 20200603_185649.jpg
    20200603_185649.jpg
    687.4 KB · Views: 387
I have attached pics for close ups of the job as requested. I have come to the decision that's its fair to say that the plasterer has had a royal flush in taking me up my behind because he is not answering my calls.

I will go with your advice and get a mist coat on and check how bad it is , however, i will have alot of 'making good' or even maybe reskimming on some walls.
Before anyone says 'you get what you pay for, he wasn't cheap and he wasn't expensive; BUT HE WAS A CHANCER ( which i didn't spot obviously). I had never used him before

A good dust mask for starters.

You need:
One time red devil filler
Sand paper and block
Patience
Diligence

Call me a sceptical racist but what ethnic origin was the guy?

Tbh it’s not the worst job I’ve saw on here, if he did full house and that’s all you’ve got to moan about I’d say a bit of filler and mist coat and you’d be fine

Not the best ....It's lacking the detail and due care ....

He should come back to make good/re do
But worse case is a few hrs with the filler and sand paper...

Don't know why people leave jobs like this..

Put a small wooden bead down the side of the door frame, same around the top of the cupboard, and you can get chrome sleeves that are designed for where pipes enter walls, chip any excess off the door frame ready for new architrave.

Have you paid him yet? If so why, and the full agreed amount or too little? It's not good, but neither is it a disaster.
On one of your pics he had to skim the ceiling to a loose bent bit of hardboard. He's left it back a bit so that you can re-fix it to the wall batten and properly fix/bead the top. - What else could he have done?
I'm not sure why, but I'm getting the impression that you pissed him off before he was done.

O wow

Have you paid him yet? If so why, and the full agreed amount or too little? It's not good, but neither is it a disaster.
On one of your pics he had to skim the ceiling to a loose bent bit of hardboard. He's left it back a bit so that you can re-fix it to the wall batten and properly fix/bead the top. - What else could he have done?
I'm not sure why, but I'm getting the impression that you pissed him off before he was done.
I stayed courteous and respectful to him the whole time. The last thing I'd want to do to someone whose working on my house is piss them off (not good for me). I swear that wardrobe wasn't like that before, he just didn't have respect for the house. To be fair to him, he did look like he was going through alot of personal troubles(always shouting on the phone).
However, if you all believe a bag of easi fill can sort this, then i will follow your advice.
I'm getting the impression I'm being too picky.
Thanks