Which external silicone render is best and why in your opinion

Members online

I need to have my house rendered. It was sprayed with a pebble type paint when I bought the house in 2006. This paint has subsequently cracked in some places on the surface of the paint (underneath looks solid). They even sprayed the soil pipe!

I've tried to research and it appears silicone render, although more expensive is better. Started getting a few quotes and there are a number of silicones, K rend, Jub etc.

Which is better in your opinion and why?

Should every bit of the surface paint be removed prior to rendering?

What questions do I need to ask to ensure they are going to do the job properly?

A small extension at the back of the house has normal render on it and this was done in 2016.

My neighbour has monochouche but this is discoloured in places, and I would prefer to have silicone.

As a widow, I just can't afford to make an expensive mistake, so would be grateful for any advice you feel you can offer please. I won't have the insulation as windows already in place.

Thanks G

I need to have my house rendered. It was sprayed with a pebble type paint when I bought the house in 2006. This paint has subsequently cracked in some places on the surface of the paint (underneath looks solid). They even sprayed the soil pipe!

I've tried to research and it appears silicone render, although more expensive is better. Started getting a few quotes and there are a number of silicones, K rend, Jub etc.

What questions do I need to ask to ensure they are going to do the job properly?

A small extension at the back of the house has normal render on it and this was done in 2016.

My neighbour has monochouche but this is discoloured in places, and I would prefer to have silicone.

As a widow, I just can't afford to make an expensive mistake, so would be grateful for any advice you feel you can offer please. I won't have the insulation as windows already in place.

Thanks G
Get a regular of here to call round

Thanks G
What area are you in?
You could have a “well known member” from off of here to quote for your job.

Beware of the “new members” they’re like circling vultures!

What area are you in?
You could have a “well known member” from off of here to quote for your job.

Beware of the “new members” they’re like circling vultures!
I am in Havering. Oh what is the difference between a 'well known member' gather you are recognised as knowing what you are talking about, compared to a new member who might be touting for business? Can see above as well have a 'private member'. Thanks for the tip.
Still wondering though what is best, weber, jub, moncouche or silicone in 'well known members' opinion?
Thanks

I am in Havering. Oh what is the difference between a 'well known member' gather you are recognised as knowing what you are talking about, compared to a new member who might be touting for business? Can see above as well have a 'private member'. Thanks for the tip.
Still wondering though what is best, weber, jub, moncouche or silicone in 'well known members' opinion?
Thanks
I'm one of those new members, but am not an applicator. I do work for a manufacturer though and can put you in touch with someone who has gained our 'recommended status', they may be able to give you a few pointers. Hope you get it sorted

Thanks G
i have used pretty much all of them.

every applicator will have their go to system.

ours is Jub based on perfomance, availability and backup.

every render will get dirty dependant on surroundings and roof/cill overhangs.

75% atleast if paint should be removed, you can use mechanical fixings through mesh for piece of mind. but there are very good basscoats like jub jlm that stick well.