Wheres the work ethic gone?

Hate day work... the only time I priced day work is if the job was a bitch to do/awkward

I did barn conversion on day work... he wanted 2 sets a day and that was it... no rushing no pressure, just dordled..... fantastic number as the chap would bring breakfast and lunch and the on friday we drank in the pub... half day saturday and a tab in the local...

Nobody took the piss and the work standard was 1st class....

People forget on day work that you have to be there for the agreed hours... its simple!!! you have agreed to to give up 8 hours of your day for X amount... simple!!!

I was skimming an extension before. It was an electrician’s own house. When I turned up one morning he had not got all the boxes done so he was rushing around getting them done for me. The bloke is a mate so I gave him a hand. The thing that really pissed me off tho was the fact that the two lads that work for him were sitting downstairs with their faces in their phones.
Softy! I would have chucked their phones in the water butt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was skimming an extension before. It was an electrician’s own house. When I turned up one morning he had not got all the boxes done so he was rushing around getting them done for me. The bloke is a mate so I gave him a hand. The thing that really pissed me off tho was the fact that the two lads that work for him were sitting downstairs with their faces in their phones.

I know he is your friend but he is still an electrician, I am surprised the cables were in

I hate that . It will all be ready . Get there. Just gis half hour while I sort this.........you want a brew first..NO I WANT TO GET THIS ON SO I CAN GET HOME

How can he even be a friend of an electrician?

We were friends before he was a spark. Our friendship has been frayed a few times. He’s a top bloke but some of the boys he employs are complete waste of time!

No mate . Do all you lot have breaks . We just grab summet on fly . If I.m not done for three i.m fuming.

Just of topic a bit . But regards kids theres note at school to push em . We had houses and I loved the comps. Football. Rounders sports days. Went to watch kid when he was in last school sports day. after I asked headmaster who won . He said they all' won. I though no they never some couldnt even run with out falling over . How' that teach em to be better .
Not off topic at all, be big part the problem. Before internet, my father used to research by phone, for wrestling meets and oshihara karate tournaments with kids he thought were 100% above my skill set, hoping to see me have a hard time. No prizes for participating, just winner and runner up. When I speak with potential apprentices, they want to know about benefits and sick days... WTF

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk

I'd sack the fcuking pair of them. I've sent people home before who can't put their phones down.

It's my time, I've paid for it and I want it. If I ask you to switch your phone off, then please do so. If you can't, then fcuk off.

Hate day work... the only time I priced day work is if the job was a bitch to do/awkward

I did barn conversion on day work... he wanted 2 sets a day and that was it... no rushing no pressure, just dordled..... fantastic number as the chap would bring breakfast and lunch and the on friday we drank in the pub... half day saturday and a tab in the local...

Nobody took the piss and the work standard was 1st class....

People forget on day work that you have to be there for the agreed hours... its simple!!! you have agreed to to give up 8 hours of your day for X amount... simple!!!

Bang on.

Some people here saying they work through and want to run off at 3 and all that jazz. They need to realise that the world doesn't revolve around them,it revolves around the guy who's paying the wages.

If the boss wants to take an hour's dinner and work til 5, then that's up to him. So long as he's not the kind of boss that says he takes an hour's dinner then doesn't and still pays like he did.

Bang on.

Some people here saying they work through and want to run off at 3 and all that jazz. They need to realise that the world doesn't revolve around them,it revolves around the guy who's paying the wages.

If the boss wants to take an hour's dinner and work til 5, then that's up to him. So long as he's not the kind of boss that says he takes an hour's dinner then doesn't and still pays like he did.
I run of at 3 ish . Prefer day rate they moan but for sake of it as they know they had their moneys worth.. to be fair it prob bout 3 30 by time I.ve pissed about talking and got in van

I run of at 3 ish . Prefer day rate they moan but for sake of it as they know they had their moneys worth.. to be fair it prob bout 3 30 by time I.ve pissed about talking and got in van

If the boss is paying you on that basis, then grand. But if I pay you til 5, then trust me, you'll be there til 5 because there's always something to do.

If the boss is paying you on that basis, then grand. But if I pay you til 5, then trust me, you'll be there til 5 because there's always something to do.
To be fair . Rest of people are away at 4 ish any way . Non of em do as much as us so he prob loose out if we worked to rule

No mate . Do all you lot have breaks . We just grab summet on fly . If I.m not done for three i.m fuming.

Just of topic a bit . But regards kids theres note at school to push em . We had houses and I loved the comps. Football. Rounders sports days. Went to watch kid when he was in last school sports day. after I asked headmaster who won . He said they all' won. I though no they never some couldnt even run with out falling over . How' that teach em to be better .

Talk about pussification, pardon my french. Same thing at my kid's school. They stomp the competitive spirit where ever they can. Less and less people take pride in what they do nowadays.

Talk about pussification, pardon my french. Same thing at my kid's school. They stomp the competitive spirit where ever they can. Less and less people take pride in what they do nowadays.
It’s not only in schools now if you look at the world cups you have first, second, and third etc. It should be you either win or you lose that’s what pushes people on, not well here’s a bronze medal instead of sorry mate you lost. I blame the EU.

It’s not only in schools now if you look at the world cups you have first, second, and third etc. It should be you either win or you lose that’s what pushes people on, not well here’s a bronze medal instead of sorry mate you lost. I blame the EU.
Same as champions league. You can come 4th in prem and still win it even if you come second in ypur group as well

Same as champions league. You can come 4th in prem and still win it even if you come second in ypur group as well
The rugby premiership is the same, the top four have play offs to see who wins. You can win every game in the season and come fourth in the play offs

It’s all to do with money from tv rights and the fans plus they get a big money spinning final, though I must admit not as much money as football

That's because puffs watch football. More people down south than up north. People down south are puffs. So more people watch football.

That's because puffs watch football. More people down south than up north. People down south are puffs. So more people watch football.
Exsqueeze me young fellow me lad there are no homos in this house, remember London and Brighton are not the only places in the south, and coronation street and emmerdale are populated by faggots
Haha

Exsqueeze me young fellow me lad there are no homos in this house, remember London and Brighton are not the only places in the south, and coronation street and emmerdale are populated by faggots
Haha

And Hollyoaks

also call there handboards hawks ,still can not work that out,....but never mind our southern freinds need our help

also call there handboards hawks ,still can not work that out,....but never mind our southern freinds need our help

Southern T***s can rot in hell for all I care. All they do is go about the place working to pay the mortgage.

I've never been so miserable as when I lived in London. If a fellow needs to work for more than one day a week to pu ta roof over his head, then he's a fool and he lives in the wrong place.

Southern T***s can rot in hell for all I care. All they do is go about the place working to pay the mortgage.

I've never been so miserable as when I lived in London. If a fellow needs to work for more than one day a week to pu ta roof over his head, then he's a fool and he lives in the wrong place.

Wtf are you on about?...and I'm a northerner!!!!!

I see this in most people in the construction industry under 35...sorry if you're not one of them!

Geezer I work with and I both have keys to job, when I get there first I'm inside cracking on. When he gets there first he sits in his car and waits for me.

On day rates at the moment and supposed to work til 4.00 yet if he finishes a gauge at 3.00 he wont do anything else saying 'they've had their moneys worth'. Me I'd rather bead up or something for the next day.

I just don't get that lazy arse way of thinking. It bugs the hell out of me.
well first of all i do agree with everything you say ceevee,......but it is an age thing,.......i am 57 and being honest i just do not have that spark that i used to have,...and one day you will feel the same way

Wtf are you on about?...and I'm a northerner!!!!!

I'm on about it being s**t living in London. It was a while back but I think I made £340 a week take home. £200 a week rent.

Now I trouser £600 a week and pay £50. Actually, 50 Euro.

They're a bunch of mugs.

I'm on about it being s**t living in London. It was a while back but I think I made £340 a week take home. £200 a week rent.

They're a bunch of mugs.
When was that Stevieo?

When was that Stevieo?

About 2000,so far as I recall. It wasn't even a good bit of London either. Thornton Heath/Croydon border.

It was s**t. Angry bastards everywhere,miserable expensive little houses and traffic jams. Never made such a terrible mistake as when I decided to move there.

Worked down London bout 2010 . . Just been a big win on lotto. Went for week came back after 3 days . Hated the place. Got a grand in 50 pound notes. I.d never even seen one 50 before. I said I can't take them back to yorkshire they will all think it' me who.s won fricking lotto.

They're a bunch of mugs.
You should have told them to pay you the same as a plasterer in London and not a northern labourers wages