Wheres the work ethic gone?

CeeVee

I see this in most people in the construction industry under 35...sorry if you're not one of them!

Geezer I work with and I both have keys to job, when I get there first I'm inside cracking on. When he gets there first he sits in his car and waits for me.

On day rates at the moment and supposed to work til 4.00 yet if he finishes a gauge at 3.00 he wont do anything else saying 'they've had their moneys worth'. Me I'd rather bead up or something for the next day.

I just don't get that lazy arse way of thinking. It bugs the hell out of me.

I see this in most people in the construction industry under 35...sorry if you're not one of them!

Geezer I work with and I both have keys to job, when I get there first I'm inside cracking on. When he gets there first he sits in his car and waits for me.

On day rates at the moment and supposed to work til 4.00 yet if he finishes a gauge at 3.00 he wont do anything else saying 'they've had their moneys worth'. Me I'd rather bead up or something for the next day.

the day drags sitting there doing f**k all !!
unless yer asleep !!

That carry on makes your day drag anyway .worked with plenty of people like that

Personally I don't think it's an age thing.
When I was sixteen I used to look at plenty of the older guys and think "what a useless bunch of lazy c**ts".
Same with quality of work. The 'good old boys' could be as rough as any youngster.

Agreed, the difference between a skilled man and a yard-dog is attitude. With the right attitude, you want to do the job and do it right. S0me people are just yard-dogs.

I think a bit of problem is kids are not allowed to work like we could I had a paper round at 12 then went cleaning windows on weekend .they get everything giv to em now . And parents don’t work so get good stuff with the benefits so why would they want to work . We watched our parents grafting to get good things . The work ethic needs to be put in to em by their parents .

Boils my piss mate just had 6 weeks of exactly same...

Fella with me 55 mind and would conjure up any F*****g reason possible to not put a 2nd gauge on and just mince about tacking couplee of beads or summet for rest of day whilst nob head here was busting my bollox

Same again if he as there first just be sat smoking a fag in car etc until nob head rocks up.. .

Boiled my F*****g piss in end!!!

What piss.s me of is one team we work for everyone turns up at 8 breaks at 10 and 1. Me and lad turn up at 7 30 . No breaks as we want to be of at three . As were leaving we get questioned why

What piss.s me of is one team we work for everyone turns up at 8 breaks at 10 and 1. Me and lad turn up at 7 30 . No breaks as we want to be of at three . As were leaving we get questioned why

Is it Foers by any chance?

Work ethic? Gone out the window a decade or 2 ago, they don't make them like they used to mate. I can totally relate to what you saying ceevee.
I never liked dayrate for the very reason, it's difficult to justify what is enough output for a day in return for a days wage.
I hate when people sitting down, or having a fag every 20min, there's always loads to do, sweep up, scrape out, load out, bead, scrim, etc. I even upset @Pagey with this:cry: :rayos:
I stop a few times a day to have a quick smoke, eat on the go, I rarely or more like never sit down to have fry up and shite, waste of time. Get the job done and move onto the next one.

Is it Foers by any chance?
No mate . Do all you lot have breaks . We just grab summet on fly . If I.m not done for three i.m fuming.

Just of topic a bit . But regards kids theres note at school to push em . We had houses and I loved the comps. Football. Rounders sports days. Went to watch kid when he was in last school sports day. after I asked headmaster who won . He said they all' won. I though no they never some couldnt even run with out falling over . How' that teach em to be better .

Once on a job and customer made some brews. I went to shout builders labourer and builder said dont shout him yet let it cool down he be able to drink it faster ........great tip lol

Once on a job and customer made some brews. I went to shout builders labourer and builder said dont shout him yet let it cool down he be able to drink it faster ........great tip lol
When I was a labourer , I made the tea scolding hot so I could try to get in front of the cries of "Muck up ! "

Personally I don't think it's an age thing.
When I was sixteen I used to look at plenty of the older guys and think "what a useless bunch of lazy c**ts".
Same with quality of work. The 'good old boys' could be as rough as any youngster.
Was in a gang before and the 3 more senior men were the rough ones. One was in his 60s,good worker but rough, probably needed glasses but wouldn't get them, one in his 40s decent worker awful quality, and other was. Late 40s into 50s when I was there, also bosses brother, and was awful quality and lazy lazy b*****d. Wanted to do f**k all and did f**k all. Very rarely would have done even remotely enough to cover his wages. And what he did do he didn't give a f**k about and did it wrong basically.

Don’t think you can grumble over the cup of tea it’s different when the pressure is on someone else and they gotta get job done, Zolco done me right up and I actually felt bad for the 2 min sit but fair play to him he could see I was upset and gave me hug and told me it will all be alright just as long as I don’t do it again then I’m sure I heard him mumble “w**k*r” as I was drying my eyes

Don’t think you can grumble over the cup of tea it’s different when the pressure is on someone else and they gotta get job done, Zolco done me right up and I actually felt bad for the 2 min sit but fair play to him he could see I was upset and gave me hug and told me it will all be alright just as long as I don’t do it again then I’m sure I heard him mumble “w**k*r” as I was drying my eyes
Pmsl

Boils my piss mate just had 6 weeks of exactly same...

Fella with me 55 mind and would conjure up any F*****g reason possible to not put a 2nd gauge on and just mince about tacking couplee of beads or summet for rest of day whilst nob head here was busting my bollox

Same again if he as there first just be sat smoking a fag in car etc until nob head rocks up.. .

Boiled my F*****g piss in end!!!
You should have made him a cup of tea with it

That’s what me and my boy do, can’t see the point of sitting down drinking tea we do have tea but on the wing

Trouble is if you ain’t on a price but still work like a dog for some builders they don’t respect u more I don’t mind mucking in and lifting and carrying but it’s some builders who expect the world on a day rate,2 hits should be fair on a day rate imo