Wheres the work ethic gone?

You should have told them to pay you the same as a plasterer in London and not a northern labourers wages

I wasn't plastering. I was driving a truck. At the time, I didn't have the experience to be doing the big money work. To be honest truck driving is still the same - either too many hours or not enough money.

I wasn't plastering. I was driving a truck. At the time, I didn't have the experience to be doing the big money work. To be honest truck driving is still the same - either too many hours or not enough money.
I think that’s getting the same no matter what you do or where you are

I think that’s getting the same no matter what you do or where you are

Things changed a lot round the recession '08 or so. Lots of drivers left the industry because people were taking the piss with wages. So far as I know, a plasterer could get £15/hr but drivers were struggling to get a tenner. Now it's changed a bit. There's a bit of a shortage of drivers and the money is a bit better,more like £12 or £13, plus usually incentives for nights (extra pound usually), time and a half after 8 hrs, time and a half on a Saturday and double time on a Sunday. £26 a night out and a bit of dinner money. Works out to about £40k if you want to put your back into it but it's hard on the soul, living like a dog in your cab. The bean counter will probably flatten the rate to a straight £12/hr for long haulage that Stobarts do, but 15 hrs on £12/hr soon adds up.

Things changed a lot round the recession '08 or so. Lots of drivers left the industry because people were taking the piss with wages. So far as I know, a plasterer could get £15/hr but drivers were struggling to get a tenner. Now it's changed a bit. There's a bit of a shortage of drivers and the money is a bit better,more like £12 or £13, plus usually incentives for nights (extra pound usually), time and a half after 8 hrs, time and a half on a Saturday and double time on a Sunday. £26 a night out and a bit of dinner money. Works out to about £40k if you want to put your back into it but it's hard on the soul, living like a dog in your cab. The bean counter will probably flatten the rate to a straight £12/hr for long haulage that Stobarts do, but 15 hrs on £12/hr soon adds up.
I know it does rack up but people shouldn’t have to work like that to earn a living.

I know it does rack up but people shouldn’t have to work like that to earn a living.

There's a lot of diversity when it comes to the hours, so you can usually find something that suits. My favourite job was for the dairy out of Trafford Park. One run to Stoke and back, then a run to Stoke and a second drop in Alfreton. 15 hrs. Do it again the next day. Two runs to Stoke the next day and again the day after. 12 hrs. 54 hrs in and still manage to be home every night AND get 4 days off. Lavverly.

There's a lot of diversity when it comes to the hours, so you can usually find something that suits. My favourite job was for the dairy out of Trafford Park. One run to Stoke and back, then a run to Stoke and a second drop in Alfreton. 15 hrs. Do it again the next day. Two runs to Stoke the next day and again the day after. 12 hrs. 54 hrs in and still manage to be home every night AND get 4 days off. Lavverly.
are you from this way I'm only 5 mins from Trafford pk

I never really got why there is a north south divide... SOutherners like the sunshine and slightly less rain and northerners like thne gloomy days and a little more rain :D

Southeners all whiten their teeth and spend hours in the mirror.
Very effeminate.
At least our northern gays are still men....
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Very effeminate.

Lol I think that is a generation thing... all the young lads now spend more time mincing with their hair than anything else

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-29_19-16-1.jpeg
    upload_2017-12-29_19-16-1.jpeg
    5.8 KB · Views: 164
Very effeminate.
Clearly you haven’t been to my neck of the woods even the arms of chairs have tattoos down where I live

Sat on the beach earlier it was blowing like a goodn but I was in pure bliss..

One of my best friends is a northerner and he lives a few doors down from me

I don't get it really

Seen a skip lorry driver today,manbun, tight jeans, ffs we have no hope
We had a skip driver once ,jumped out of the lorry wearing only Calvin Klein y fronts and a pair of work boots, I asked my uncle about him and he said the guy was big time on the Charlie , typical south Londoner from Sydenham I think

Groundworker on our current job has a manbun, I keep having this overwhelming desire to punch him in the throat.
World I grew up in, no rings ,chains ,piercings ,tattoos , I couldn't possibly change , farmers son to plastering ,not for pretty boys ,although I'm quite dashing in the right light

We had a skip driver once ,jumped out of the lorry wearing only Calvin Klein y fronts and a pair of work boots, I asked my uncle about him and he said the guy was big time on the Charlie , typical south Londoner from Sydenham I think

What colour Calvins ?

I find this southern puffs bit to be quite funny try south bermondsey on a saturday afternoon might make you think twice

World I grew up in, no rings ,chains ,piercings ,tattoos , I couldn't possibly change , farmers son to plastering ,not for pretty boys ,although I'm quite dashing in the right light
A pikie with no tatts, piercings, chains or rings ???? :LOL::LOL::LOL:
Heard it all now , that’s there uniform!!