where is the m100 video?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
sprayit said:
@ Church. Think about you're comment. It more or less suggests that if nobody buys machines the prices will not go down.
Its absolutely narrow minded and foolish to assume that nobody will go out and buy a machine through fear of prices going down.
Plastering machines are here to stay brother and will be here long after we have all retired.
In short you push a button and all the material you need for the day is blapped on the wall. The plasterer then uses his skill and not his braun or ego to perfect that material to a finished product and gets paid much sooner than anyone doing the same job by hand application.

Truth is most plasterers want one but their wives won't let them have one...pussies
[/quote
sprayit said:
@ Church. Think about you're comment. It more or less suggests that if nobody buys machines the prices will not go down.
Its absolutely narrow minded and foolish to assume that nobody will go out and buy a machine through fear of prices going down.
Plastering machines are here to stay brother and will be here long after we have all retired.
In short you push a button and all the material you need for the day is blapped on the wall. The plasterer then uses his skill and not his braun or ego to perfect that material to a finished product and gets paid much sooner than anyone doing the same job by hand application.

Truth is most plasterers want one but their wives won't let them have one...pussies

Truth is maybe ,some plasterers put the needs of there wives pussies in front of of there own egos lol , i think i will wait for the mtec reps comments before i reply anymore ,i just dont know how easy machine plastering - rendering really is .

ho ho nice

Truth is maybe ,some plasterers put the needs of there wives pussies in front of of there own egos lol

could of done with a ritmo today .we did a 13 bag ceiling this morning on a youth club . think there s a bigger picture to see with the machines. dont think prices will drop really just because you have a machine it s two different world s really :)

machines have their place especially with mono, i wouldnt worry about them taking over skimming church you still have to turn around and finish it they aint worth a wank imo

i think a lot of the problem with prices is that people dont like it when u earn too much. but then again if u have a 4-8 grand people of machinery i think ur entitled to earn a bit more.

i get £5 pm to skim on almost al work i do. if i went in and day in day out did 100m my prices would get knocked. thats why i go in and do 50-60m and the price never changes. but i can skim 50-60m a lot easier spraying than i can by hand. i only bust a nut with it if its a small job that i can push and do in a day or 1 offs. the regulars i work for i take it a bit easier. it keeps every1 happy.

i think the machines let u do more wether skimming or rendering, but u still have to work hard to do it. just saves a lot of the donkey work. putting on a 40m hit of skim in my opinion is harder to get on than it is to trowel up. once its on and flattened its easy. its getting it on quick enough to be ontop of it.

with hardwall. u can put tonnes on if u want but u still gotta be able to skim it that day. so no point putting on 100m if u cant skim it. its just when its on, u think, that was easy, instead of, my backs £ucked.

and u make ur money as said before by not needing a labourer all the time. thats £250 a week before u start. if ur dayworking, u can still charge the lab if rendering. i think for mono of s+c theyre well worth it coz u need to get them on quick to finish them on time.

church said:
I'm more concerned with the guys earning a free ride tbh spunk .
If something goes wrong with our pump Church we have the ability to apply by hand, those fellas you mean are up a creek, we did our time.

technicianman said:
all a machine is andy is a tool so according to you ... you don't buy tools for work and drills .... Even though the prices have gone down you already own the machine ' yes you have running costs but the machine will always pay for it self the amount you can put on by machine far out ways hand application

I think you've missed my point, I'm not knocking machines or those of you selling them in fact if I get back into plastering to any degree I may well be giving you a call for a look at one of those RitmoXL's. What I was saying and I think agreeing with Church about is the fact that IF the vast majority of spreads end up using machines then the prices will come down, to earn really good money in this trade you need to be doing something that most can't do either in technique or quantity, at the moment machines can give that advantage in quantity but if the majority of plasterers had machines and could do the bigger quantities then rates would fall due to both competition and the fact that developers don't like tradesmen earning more than a certain figure they have in mind as a reasonable wage.

@ essex. most of what you say makes sense up to the bit where you think a "develepor" is concerned about how much u earn.
Long before you turn up the developer knows how much profit he will make on the project and he will have a budget for all plastering work. If you are the most competitive in his price range or you have something xtra to offer that will make him choose you. He may take notice of the speed you earn it but its highly improppable he will be jealous of a man earning a few grand a week that he feels he must crusade to drive prices lower to all upcoming projects in the forseeable future.

in simple terms do you really car how much good ice cream costs when its hot

Whatever happens machines are here to stay we all own our machines rather then leasing them or using ones that belong to companies ...... I know of a couple of companys who supply a machine and a van to their men and then pay them a daywork rate. My point being if you own your machine then you have more control over your prices the developer just wants to get the job done so he can drop the scaffold get his services in and get his bonus for getting the job done... sure prices have dropped over the past couple of years but that's got fuk all to do with people using machines, no one has ever said to me 'oh hour using a machine you can do it for a couple of quid less then'.. It's only on here that you hear paranoid comments on the devastating effects that machines are having in the plastering industry, most people stop and watch us and are more then impressed with the speed we can get through jobs

The other point being about prices is the builders are giving the drylining companies the whole package they then sub the render out so there are more people in the chain before we get our cut

is it not called progression, somebody made a comment about labourers digging trenches and how machines ruined the prices for them , this has happened since the industrial revolution, innovations are made to make industry easier more effective and more efficient ,wasnt plasterboard a revelation to all the spreads who spent days lathing , how about angle beads , must have made life a whole lot easier , i remember when we got our first mixing drill it was bliss,lol, machines have made my life much easier and more profitable , and in a few years we ll be talking about something else ,if it wasnt for people sticking their necks out trying things out and inventing products to make our life much better we would still be in the dark ages,

sorry church, only just seen this post.

its funny how the PFT reps take the time to pull other manufacturers machines down whilst boasting that there machines are the best.

personally i would never and have never pull any type of machine down. my view is that the more machines being used the better for everyone, what ever make they are.

machines are here to stay, fact. materials are being made better, because they need to be, to feed the machine demand. building work is having render specified because of the speed of machine rendering. this surely will be good for both machine and hand applied tradesmen. if you can get £10.00 / m hand applied great. if you can get £10.00 / m spray applied yet do 3 times as much in a day then that surely is fantastic. as stated earlier, the skill is in the finishing, not the spraying. a guy with a machine can still hand apply when needed, but a guy without a machine ......? having or not having a machine is down to personal choice. so is the make and where you buy it from. people having machines and where to buy them from rammed down there throats will put people off having any type or make of machine and that is a fact. why cant people be given advice on this forum, like i thought it was ment for and not just used as a way to sell machines. sorry about the rant but i think something needed to be said.

Markham-Sheffield said:
sorry church, only just seen this post.

its funny how the PFT reps take the time to pull other manufacturers machines down whilst boasting that there machines are the best.

personally i would never and have never pull any type of machine down. my view is that the more machines being used the better for everyone, what ever make they are.

machines are here to stay, fact. materials are being made better, because they need to be, to feed the machine demand. building work is having render specified because of the speed of machine rendering. this surely will be good for both machine and hand applied tradesmen. if you can get £10.00 / m hand applied great. if you can get £10.00 / m spray applied yet do 3 times as much in a day then that surely is fantastic. as stated earlier, the skill is in the finishing, not the spraying. a guy with a machine can still hand apply when needed, but a guy without a machine ......? having or not having a machine is down to personal choice. so is the make and where you buy it from. people having machines and where to buy them from rammed down there throats will put people off having any type or make of machine and that is a fact. why cant people be given advice on this forum, like i thought it was ment for and not just used as a way to sell machines. sorry about the rant but i think something needed to be said.

well said and straight to the point :)

If m tech were good i would have one. If the trowhawk was good i would have one. Present me with one person who bought a PFT machine from anyone except Andy Hill and didnt make it profitable.
Are you serious about the 3 times as much comment?? cos i never did that

Status
Not open for further replies.