where is the m100 video?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please be careful what is said regarding criticism of other company's products on this forum . We have to be carefull legal wise ;) thanks

My statement was - "if you can get £10.00 / m spray applied yet do 3 times as much in a day then that surely is fantastic."

My point is to do with the benefits of having a spray machine, any spray machine. I choose not to pull any make of machine down because i feel that if i do then that could put someone off buying a machine, whatever the make.

Sprayit, your statement was - "Present me with one person who bought a PFT machine from anyone except Andy Hill and didn't make it profitable."

I am confussed. Are you saying that PFT machines are of a differant quality and reliability, depending where they are bought?.

no he's saying that the technical back up from andy hill is crap.

people who buy machines especially people with no machine experiance need to know that they can get the right help when things go tits up which for new users is a regular thing, what they dont want is to be running back to the dealer and having switches replaced at cost to them plus a days loss of earnings for something that was just a set up issue, markham , fairplay to you mate you do know your stuff, but we pride ourselves on getting our customers back up and running over the phone, if it does need a new switch fitted and they are confident in fitting it themselves then we would talk them through it over the phone.

we also give the right amount of training and our customers become our friends who we have a laugh and a joke with.

so no we're not saying that they are a different quality we are saying that we offer a better service (and i'm not comparing that to you markham as i dont know or have never heard of people buying a machine from you so know nothing about the service you give but from what you put on here i'm sure you offer a very fair service)

I completely understand what you are saying Southern. In fact we have received allot of new customers over the years who have come to us to help them or to repair equipment that they have purchased elsewhere (and more than just one supplier and make).

The reason why i butted in on this in the first place was to follow up on a post by Church regarding several people using this forum to advertise. Fair play in that we all have to make a living wether it be by applying render, selling the machines or doing both, but to pull other machines down and glorify one particular make is, in my opinion wrong.

This post asks "where is the M100 video?". A video is put on and even though i thought the spray look good, some people pulled it down because it was not "PFT".

Machine sellers should be incouraging videos like this so that more plasters and contractors come round to the idea of using machines (what ever make), so that there will then be more people wanting to buy machines, which in turn gives us all the chance of selling more machines.

If you try to narrow peoples choice or force them into a corner then they might forget the idea completely.

Hello Guys,

I am not going to lie I know the thick end of sod all about machines and maybe one day I will learn but still.

Please be careful what is said if you want to slag something off please do it via pm as you will be liable for it said. Had a legal battle before not going through it again.

Posts that slate another product will be removed/edited

Danny

PS please enjoy the forum

competition brings about innovation and progress in machine development. If there were only pft, why would they have bothered moving things forward from the G4? Personally I think pft have the edge with the current thinking of the likes of the xl and so on but this will only inspire other manufacturers to develop new products to compete so it's all good in my book.

@ Markhams You sell machines and its M Tek machines you sell. The point i make on here about paying for advertising is now valid because you are on here as another dealer and you are engaged in some banter. If one of us advertised on this forum then if it was me i would not want any degrading comments so close to my paid adverts. The forum is free for everyones opinion.

As for M tek they are what they are. But can i ask you what is your opinion on the M Tek m100. Do you honestly rate it as good and the same value for money as the alternatives by Putzmeister and PFT.

cough cough re the metre price drop we all know why the price dropped over the last 5 years because of the influx of foreign labour and its had a lasting effect the only way that prices would ever recover would be if somehow every plastering contractor in the country started nudging it back up and sticking to there guns

sorry rich nothing wrong with berthasaurus butt :)

Putzmeister are very much underrated as machines, I mean the strobot is a good bit of kit and pft have kind of adopted the design into their swing m etc. The little mp10 and 12 are perfect for internal stuff. Shame putzmeister uk aren't a little more proactive in pushing things over here a bit more. Putzmeister UK still has the old pictures of the mp25, mp22 online ffs! That said though i'd still buy a ritmo for it's more resolved design i think and versatility. Mtec need to bring out a ritmo competitor really and ditch those probes too.....sorry mr markham

sprayit said:
@ Markhams You sell machines and its M Tek machines you sell. The point i make on here about paying for advertising is now valid because you are on here as another dealer and you are engaged in some banter. If one of us advertised on this forum then if it was me i would not want any degrading comments so close to my paid adverts. The forum is free for everyones opinion.

As for M tek they are what they are. But can i ask you what is your opinion on the M Tek m100. Do you honestly rate it as good and the same value for money as the alternatives by Putzmeister and PFT.

Which machines am i comparing the M100 to?

wwwplasterkingcouk said:
cough cough re the metre price drop we all know why the price dropped over the last 5 years because of the influx of foreign labour and its had a lasting effect the only way that prices would ever recover would be if somehow every plastering contractor in the country started nudging it back up and sticking to there guns
i thought the price drop was due to the recession..... never knew that

simplybesty said:
Right, I spent 20 years without a machine. mixing 15 bags of hardwall a day , 3 bags a time then skim back in the afternoon at £5.00m2 . Maybe im not as fast as some on here but it killed me by the end of each week. Now, with a little ritmo of minijet you would get 20 bags on the wall in half the time because you take out most of the labour involved in getting it on the wall. This means you have more time and you dont kill yourself. On the outside renders, me and monkey will spray between 60-80m2 at least a day, this is all on by 11am latest. we then have time to bead up for next day and a nice long lunch before we scrape back. you work out the money . even if we went down as low as £10m2 were still earning a lot more than hand apply because they are only getting paid the same. we dont need a labourer and our machine dont have fag breaks or days off. At the end of the day you still have to be a good tradesman because once the material is on the wall then thats when the skill comes into it.
can only agree here.. anyone can spead muck on the wall. i managed it on mi first day. the skill is in finishing it

@ markham the Putzmeister mp12 and the PFT Ritmo are similar machines to a M TEK M100 the similarity being their size and the fact they are single phase brother

How many bags does the g4 hopper hold then with an extension? The xl's hopper is a lot smaller like the g5 so really needs an extension to get close to not needing a labourer on the bags full time. At the mo one of us is tied up on the machine mostly

I think it's important to have a machine man it's a full time job looking after it to many people think it's not important you've gotto keep on top of it keeping everything clean etc and there's enough going on at the other end of the pipe to be worrying about running up and down the scaff to be putting bags in and if there's not enough money in job to pay a machine man your pricing wrong

i spent a week in the summer working on me own with g5 with an extension hopper , it was a doddle did around 180m2 , have to be very organised tho

yeah ive done it too but you couldnt do it week in week out mate could you what im saying is its not ideal and things will get left undone machines need regular looking after on a daily basis not weekly or monthly cos as soon as it lets you down your in trouble

no i wouldnt want to do it all the while, that job was easy only one scaff lift, if you got a good mate you can trust to look after your machine thats great but theyre hard to come by.

i know what your saying but find that if you touch the lab one thing at a time and until theyve learnt that aspect properly first tell them the next unitll theyve got it sussed no point sayin do this then that they forget just like we all did when we first got a machine

pykies just had his van knicked with monojet and gennie in it in sheffield while he was in scotland at wedding he had gennie knicked outta van other month so if anyone gets offered owt let us know

sprayit said:

Morning all

The m-tec M100 110v machine was designed around the original smart machine which is quite a few years old now. It was built at the request of material manufacturers and some large contractors who suggested that there was a big need for a 110v single phase skimming machine.

The M100 110v, in my opinion does what has been ask and designed to do. The addition of a vibration system for the dry feed results in a consistent fully mixed product.

With regard to what you get for your money, there are more features on the M100 than either the MP12 (which I should not be comparing to as this is only availible in 220v) or the Ritmo 110v.

The Ritmo is a great little machine, I like it. But what can the 110v version really do? Honestly?

goody said:
sorry rich nothing wrong with berthasaurus butt :)

Putzmeister are very much underrated as machines, I mean the strobot is a good bit of kit and pft have kind of adopted the design into their swing m etc. The little mp10 and 12 are perfect for internal stuff. Shame putzmeister uk aren't a little more proactive in pushing things over here a bit more. Putzmeister UK still has the old pictures of the mp25, mp22 online ffs! That said though i'd still buy a ritmo for it's more resolved design i think and versatility. Mtec need to bring out a ritmo competitor really and ditch those probes too.....sorry mr markham

Hello Goody

I personally believe the positives of having the probe system on a machine far outweigh the negatives.

Is there anything in the pipeline(sorry ::)) from mtec? Any new designs on the way? I did have a duomix for a year which sat in the garage until i sold it as needed the cash at the time but wish id tried it to have an opinion on it. Was a beast though with daft wheels for such a big machine. Why did they mount the hopper motor on the m300 sticking out rather than pointing down as on the duomix, things should get smaller and more compact not bigger with electric machines imo

sprayit said:
Hey markham give us some more info on your background. How did you get into machine plastering and sellin machines

Markham started in 1950 building furnaces in Sheffield. In the 70's they progressed into the supply of equipment for use in the Refractory industry mainly and also the Coal mines. I started here on a yts in 1987 and in 1989 we took on the agency for m-tec. Plastering machines is only a small part of what we supply, in fact we tend to sell more machines to the flooring sector. As materials have got better and demand for projection machines increased we stepped up our act and got back into selling. The early days were very hard.

What about you sprayit?

goody said:
Is there anything in the pipeline(sorry ::)) from mtec? Any new designs on the way? I did have a duomix for a year which sat in the garage until i sold it as needed the cash at the time but wish id tried it to have an opinion on it. Was a beast though with daft wheels for such a big machine. Why did they mount the hopper motor on the m300 sticking out rather than pointing down as on the duomix, things should get smaller and more compact not bigger with electric machines imo

I think the recession has put new development on hold over the last year or so but i will keep you updated.

The Duomix 2000, in my opinion and for our line of business, has been great. Yes it takes an extra couple of mins to clean and the magnets can be a pain but its features and adaptability is, in my opinion, second to none. But, it is expensive. I don't push the Duomix 2000 for spraying unless the customer asks for it. If its to be used mainly for flooring work then its worth the money. We have a 10 year old Duomix 2000 that can still churn out 5 ton an hour for 6 - 7 hours straight if required.

The M300 straight motor is simply a cost issue, 90 deg motors are more expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.