where has all the work gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL i seen it in manchester, on a few jobs i had to speak to ten blokes before i found someone who spoke english so i know whats going on but its the fault of the contractors not the poles and to be honest they were mainly russians and they werent plastering they were fixing which is what i was doing on site. The prices were kept down by the contractors coz these lads wouldnt complain coz the money to them was great and the attitude was either do it or dont coz someone else will, they were right someone else would and it wasnt just the foreign lads. I went back skimming coz the russians had it boxed and to be honest in all my times on sites ive only ever bumped into a pair of polish plasterers so i dont think its the foreigners killing the game. The house prices were good and they were selling off plan so the prices were good for plastering them, now houses arent selling so the prices go down its as simple as that and blaming the poles for it all is a load of bollox, there is work you just need to be competitive, good at what you do and not just stick to one thing ie skimming boards and before anyone says it, it doesnt guarantee you work but gives you the edge xxxxxxx

Strange all this no work stuff.
I'm trying to get spreads on 2 domestic jobs around Warwickshire area, posted the jobs on 'plasterers looking for plasterers' section and nothing.(except beddy on week-ends)
The work is there chaps, just got to go and get it and stop crying.
Easy to sit back and blame everyone, harder to go out and do the graft.
Flynnymann hit the nail on the head

LOL i seen it in manchester, on a few jobs i had to speak to ten blokes before i found someone who spoke english so i know whats going on but its the fault of the contractors not the poles and to be honest they were mainly russians and they werent plastering they were fixing which is what i was doing on site. The prices were kept down by the contractors coz these lads wouldnt complain coz the money to them was great and the attitude was either do it or dont coz someone else will, they were right someone else would and it wasnt just the foreign lads. I went back skimming coz the russians had it boxed and to be honest in all my times on sites ive only ever bumped into a pair of polish plasterers so i dont think its the foreigners killing the game. The house prices were good and they were selling off plan so the prices were good for plastering them, now houses arent selling so the prices go down its as simple as that and blaming the poles for it all is a load of bollox, there is work you just need to be competitive, good at what you do and not just stick to one thing ie skimming boards and before anyone says it, it doesnt guarantee you work but gives you the edge xxxxxxx
As ive said mate ive got loads on that werent the point ive got loads on cos ive got a good customer base from before i whent to Spain 5 years ago so i can beat the Poles a lot of lads cant, Flinny do you ever go out of your house other than going to work, come and spend a weekend in Nlondon with me and i will show you what all about, you cant wind me up anymore

ORRRRR the guys who are within the area you are working in have work and cnt fit you in. im not working all the time at the moment ive had a bit the last few weeks been quite busy but its drying up, im chaseing everything i can but no one wants to pay for the work, even if i drop the prices (which im reluctant to do but need must after a while), im sure if the people in your are needed the work they would do it

Oh and what part of Russia is in the EU, why are these cnuts being allowed to work here, cos they are all on dodgy passports, fcuking worrying when you talk about terrorism basicly anyone can come here and take thew piss

LOL lucius you have got some neck you go to spain and deprive the spanish of work, it doesnt work out so you come back to blighty and blame all the foreigners here LOL I do go out mate appart from work i go to college on a wednesday to learn polish ;) I grew up in manchester so what happens in London wont shock me but ive moved now and there are no foreigners around here which is sad coz i really miss them ;) I was back in manchester at weekend for the football its F*****g full of them hahahahahaha

Funny isn't it

In desperation I have registered on this site.
I have been looking for a plasterer/ renderer for weeks now. Posted the job on various 'building people' sites to no avail. I want two walls 3.7 metres by 2.7 metres and a ceiling (already battened) 5 metres by 3.7 metres. Ceiling preferably clad with Bluclad and Weber.Pral.D. Walls with Weber.Pral.D on block work.

Only one response and was quoted £2995, really!!*£ The guy must thinks I'm a banker.

Phoning our local tradesmen elicited two reply. One advertised as 'Plasterer/Renderer' but then turned up and said he didn't do rendering and anyway he was booked up for at least 6 weeks. The other didn't do rendering but knew a guy who did and would contact him, guess what....no contact.

There is work out there for the skilled person who does an excellent job for a fair price.
Just advertise yourself properly and get a reputation for good work.

If anyone in the Halifax/Huddersfield area wants the above job then respond to this entry and I will get in touch.

p.s. Opinion on the use of Bluclad (Calcium Silicate board) and Weber.Pral.D would be appreciated. ( I'm a layperson as far as plastering is concerned)

rgds to all

well your in the right place for renderers

small world im in huddersfield at moment -longwood
where have you got the specification from or have you speced it yourself?

i can take a look if you wish,

just read it though again,
have i read it right your proposing to render the ceiling in a thin coat acyrlic system on the bluclad?

send us a pm

In desperation I have registered on this site.
I have been looking for a plasterer/ renderer for weeks now. Posted the job on various 'building people' sites to no avail. I want two walls 3.7 metres by 2.7 metres and a ceiling (already battened) 5 metres by 3.7 metres. Ceiling preferably clad with Bluclad and Weber.Pral.D. Walls with Weber.Pral.D on block work.

Only one response and was quoted £2995, really!!*£ The guy must thinks I'm a banker.

Is there a reason you are using pral d ? especially over the blue clad , surely you would be better with a thin coat system onto the blue clad

Phoning our local tradesmen elicited two reply. One advertised as 'Plasterer/Renderer' but then turned up and said he didn't do rendering and anyway he was booked up for at least 6 weeks. The other didn't do rendering but knew a guy who did and would contact him, guess what....no contact.

There is work out there for the skilled person who does an excellent job for a fair price.
Just advertise yourself properly and get a reputation for good work.

If anyone in the Halifax/Huddersfield area wants the above job then respond to this entry and I will get in touch.

p.s. Opinion on the use of Bluclad (Calcium Silicate board) and Weber.Pral.D would be appreciated. ( I'm a layperson as far as plastering is concerned)

rgds to all

Why are you stipulating pral d ? why over blue clad , why not a thin coat system over blue clad ?
Here is a recently completed project of ours all on calc board and done in a Marmorit conni s
IMAG0244.jpg

Good afternoon Gents,
Danny...not received your e-mail as yet..18:30 18.5.11
Owls & WarriorupNorth..I didn't stipulate Pral.D over Bluclad rather I suggested that was what was required after looking at the market. I did say that I was a layperson
as regards rendering and I will bow to the experience of the plastering community. I have just had a two story extension built and the outfit that did the internal
plastering was 'debateable as to the quality', so I am very wary abou the quality of this next requirement.

Owls.....You said you were in Longwood yet your location is North Yorks ?????

Anyway, if you wish give me a ring on 01422 374090 if you are interested. Cash of completion, no 30 days or whatever.

Even if you think that the influx of eastern Euopeans isnt affecting you , it is , we have always had a decent standard of living here , civilised , when was the last time any of you put your rates up ? , dont tell me if there wasnt room loads of Polaks everywhere the rates would still be the same ! No course they woudnt , we would be in more demand so our rates would go up as they have in history , dont be fooled into thinking because you have work it wont affect you , it will at some point

seen a new type of foreinger lately there called northeners some of there work is shocking and the language like an idiotic rant:RpS_laugh:

im based on the north/west yorkshire border near skipton.so huddersfields about 45 mins away or so. I meant I was working in longwood at present.

i shall be in touch.

All you hear is those morons saying its good for the economy , b*ll***s is it , what about the British worker , not to mention the drain on all the other services and most of the money is sent back . Its total b*ll***s , we have been sold out by our own Government , thieving Wankers , the lot of them
Never a truer word spoken.Unlike the French,we put up with it.

Trouble is loads of English wankers about, doing a bit for my mates boy this week and he had some massive steels to go in on another job Monday, 4 of his blokes never showed, what chance you got.

Thank fock i'm scottish! Erm work? It's been peaks and troughs for me all year (more troughs though) In the last week i've picked up some descent jobs. One in particular (a property developer) is bumping his gums about having 5 biggish jobs for me! Sounds promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.