whats the best plastering tip/advice youve been giving

• Thread starter Deleted member 29624
  • Start date
A good tip when skimming is to flatten the first pass with a Speedskim , let it pick up a bit then apply a second pass with a fresh mix. Makes for a nice job.
You a on a course no s**t

F**ck plastering off and be a footballer
Is there an echo in here??

confused jim carey GIF

Always have a good come back for some sarcastic b*****d who thinks their telling you something you've never heard before don't just punch them in the face i.e your supposed to get in on the walls not on the floor
Retired now but remember as a young plasterer an old boy going on and on about how they used to work harder and long years ago,he shut up when someone said how come you haven’t got any money then?

1 - if boarding lay the boards longways across the wall , so u working waist height, and use clever scoring tools where u put your Stanley into the holes

2 - always mix fresh a bag at a time , forget the cream

3 -don’t let people under cut u ,
Rates u want are £5 skim /£5 dab minimum

4 - rendering- have the right team who will all work hard and we pay the labourers the same as the renderer

5- ignore a lot of products as they was not round 20 yrs ago, a lot of them are pointless.

6 - learn how to float /set as it’s good money,plasterboarding is ok if u good like we are, but we know we prefer traditional as it’s a better job

7 - if u a young lad find the right person to teach u, as a lot of people will just use u for cheap labour,

1 - if boarding lay the boards longways across the wall , so u working waist height, and use clever scoring tools where u put your Stanley into the holes

2 - always mix fresh a bag at a time , forget the cream

3 -don’t let people under cut u ,
Rates u want are £5 skim /£5 dab minimum

4 - rendering- have the right team who will all work hard and we pay the labourers the same as the renderer

5- ignore a lot of products as they was not round 20 yrs ago, a lot of them are pointless.

6 - learn how to float /set as it’s good money,plasterboarding is ok if u good like we are, but we know we prefer traditional as it’s a better job

7 - if u a young lad find the right person to teach u, as a lot of people will just use u for cheap labour,
Boards are supposed to be hung vertically.

always do my boards vertical andy, never entered my head to do horizontal, but what difference would it make
I don't mate. I don't know the reason certain ways of doing things are the correct (in the opinion of the board manufacturers and b.s.) ways of doing things, I just try to find out what they are and apply them mate.