whats the best plastering tip/advice youve been giving

• Thread starter Deleted member 29624
  • Start date

Members online

41EFE44B-AC12-4A47-8235-727104D1088C.png

Nice dump?

Did a neat little trick other day. ( you proper plasterers prob been doing it years) got to job and joiners boarding was a mess. A good inch out right round rsj.s . Was all some old tile adhesive he said wouldnt come of. It was set in to skim . Anyway walls were un skimming able . We were in middle of nowhere and no bonding. So i mixed two bags really thick . Packed all bad bits out . Then wet what was left in bucket up and put first coat on flattened let it pull right in put second coat on . Was sweet as in end

Was thinking today about a few tips pete has given me since I started out and also @zombies bonding in skim tip (which ive now used and was impressed) and was wondering if anyone else had any real good tips they were given that makes life a lot easier....i know its going to sound stupid but the course taught us to lay a ceiling on in waves starting from one wall and then moving back towards the opposite wall...pete showed me to just lay on all the way around the edge and then just fill around the light...only simple but I would have carried on doing it the way I was originally shown and that way is so much faster.
Be a sparky

Did a neat little trick other day. ( you proper plasterers prob been doing it years) got to job and joiners boarding was a mess. A good inch out right round rsj.s . Was all some old tile adhesive he said wouldnt come of. It was set in to skim . Anyway walls were un skimming able . We were in middle of nowhere and no bonding. So i mixed two bags really thick . Packed all bad bits out . Then wet what was left in bucket up and put first coat on flattened let it pull right in put second coat on . Was sweet as in end

Unskimming able

I'm having that

I f**k**g corrected some of that as well .

Meat mans been 32 quidView attachment 44464

I got two boned out legs for €4 yesterday.

I was thinking of having a breakfast a few days ago but got drunk instead.

Then I thought I'd turn it into a mixed grill but never got round to it.

Came back from pub last night and sent drunken mate for a lamb chop and a bit of liver cos without that it's still a breakfast.

He never got any liver or lamb chop but he did get beer and a bag full of this

15804078808605727156052104943503.jpg

Came back from pub last night and sent drunken mate for a lamb chop and a bit of liver cos without that it's still a breakfast.

View attachment 44465
For the dog?

Not a clue what you are on about mate?

View attachment 44465
You will have to drink your meat out of a straw when zombie catches up with yer.

Was thinking today about a few tips pete has given me since I started out and also @zombies bonding in skim tip (which ive now used and was impressed) and was wondering if anyone else had any real good tips they were given that makes life a lot easier....i know its going to sound stupid but the course taught us to lay a ceiling on in waves starting from one wall and then moving back towards the opposite wall...pete showed me to just lay on all the way around the edge and then just fill around the light...only simple but I would have carried on doing it the way I was originally shown and that way is so much faster.
A good tip when skimming is to flatten the first pass with a Speedskim , let it pick up a bit then apply a second pass with a fresh mix. Makes for a nice job.

A good tip when skimming is to flatten the first pass with a Speedskim , let it pick up a bit then apply a second pass with a fresh mix. Makes for a nice job.
Posh one coat all day long, unless plasterboard, one coat , pointless not to. Fresh second coat on large areas only , two double baggers . My take . Cheers

I'll give you a plastering tip.

If you've beaded up before you grit...

And you get the labourer to do the gritting.

MAKE SURE YOU TELL HIM NOT TO GRIT THE FUCKKING BEADS

This is a new tip . Mainly for domestic . If you dont like customer chatting to you . Tell em you just got over coronavirus.

What the f**k did that mean?

I was always told, as an apprentice to always keep clean, I said whys that then boss, he replied because a clean job makes a s**t job look good.

Along with always use a sponge on multi when one coating as the finish is the same as 2 coating ... all priceless info ...

O and I nearly forgot... wear wellies on domestics !!

:eek::p;)
Bodgit and scarper yeh f**k off sponge rendering multi hmmmmmm