whats the best plastering tip/advice youve been giving

• Thread starter Deleted member 29624
  • Start date
The other rooms look to have been skimmed fairly recently.
The walls are fairly smooth but have some formof texture unlike multifinish.
I can only think that it has been skimmed in hardwall and sponged up.
That is how it would appear.

Do you know how I can start a conversation on the forum as I am struggling. Not been on hear before

you could either use thistle universal, or mix bonding into multi. hardwall will not give you any texture to the finish.

*Health tip! - when using my trowel i use my right hand to lay on and trowel off, then use my left to smooth. Best to alternate - stops problems like tennis elbow ect.

Was thinking today about a few tips pete has given me since I started out and also @zombies bonding in skim tip (which ive now used and was impressed) and was wondering if anyone else had any real good tips they were given that makes life a lot easier....i know its going to sound stupid but the course taught us to lay a ceiling on in waves starting from one wall and then moving back towards the opposite wall...pete showed me to just lay on all the way around the edge and then just fill around the light...only simple but I would have carried on doing it the way I was originally shown and that way is so much faster.
The first angle, window reveal, head, that a person will see when they first enter a room has to be spot on-don't get their beady eye's working overtime from the start!

Reactions: LPS
When skimming a whole room put on the fiddly bits like reveals and bulkheads,returns first leave big walls till last.

Make sure all your tools are to hand and clean. Glue properly. Allways have enough materials.
Don't get satisfied with your work allways aim for improvement weather it's speed or quality.
And lastly retire at a good age [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Make sure all your tools are to hand and clean. Glue properly. Allways have enough materials.
Don't get satisfied with your work allways aim for improvement weather it's speed or quality.
And lastly retire at a good age [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

I like that :D

Was always taught to have beads and reveals set right and skirting,wall and ceiling angles bang on. As they stand out the most if not done right. (in my opinion anyway)

Work in a few reveals and a wall in a cupboard each gauge, won't even realise you're doing them then.
Amount of lads I've seen leaving a house of reveals for the last gauge...... clueless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Work in a few reveals and a wall in a cupboard each gauge, won't even realise you're doing them then.
Amount of lads I've seen leaving a house of reveals for the last gauge...... clueless

I started leaving all the s**t to the last day... nope... not now... much better picking bits up as you go :D

Can't believe anyone does that! what a r******d way to work
o_O