What's better?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's better 2 massive hits or 3 smaller hits?

3 smaller every time so long as it doesn't make the day longer.

if 2 coating always nice if you can roll bits of the sets ie use 2nd coat gear to pick off the 1st coat of next set...

ie stagger where poss...not always poss but defo helps here and there!:RpS_thumbup:

As said staggered sets!

Not the rushing round of big sets or waiting round of small sets.

Always troweling up wet gear and totally in control!:RpS_thumbup:

I just need to figure out how to do em now!:RpS_blushing:

2 sets per day for me. I try to do an average size room say 14x14 including the lid in a day and a morning nowadays. Gone are the days of getting it done in a day for me. Just charge for 2 days and take my time instead of rushing and going home carrying my nuts in a barrow! :)

Depends on job, on new build always 2 big sets. Sometimes too many bits and tits so have to do 3

Depends on job, on new build always 2 big sets. Sometimes too many bits and tits so have to do 3

its always the bits and tits that screw yer bud int it!!!!

me and another spread shared no more than 10m2 max of bits of shite the other day all midget trowel and scrapers etc and I swear we nearly lost the set!!! lol

next set was 2 small full bedrooms together and was like a walk in park after!

il never understand this bloody plastering malarkey!!!:RpS_crying:

Being self/employed in this business is all about doing the very best job you can do , being clean tidy , polite and professional, building up a great reputation and earning good money without killing yourself or damaging your body , anything else dont make sense to me .

whatever job requires to be done , if 2 will suffice 2 it is or 1 big one and a rolling set until everything is on

As said staggered sets!

Not the rushing round of big sets or waiting round of small sets.

Always troweling up wet gear and totally in control!:RpS_thumbup:

I just need to figure out how to do em now!:RpS_blushing:

ask the wand - he,s magic you know :RpS_thumbsup::RpS_lol:

kind of a daft question really, like how long is a piece of string. but lashing on 4 or 5 bags of finish on your own is going to be stressful so i'd say smaller hits, rolling hits even.

shirly 2 massive hits is the same as 3 smaller hits.
2 big is 4 full tubs whereas 3 small is 3 full tubs. 33% more with big hits imo.
Although if doing small hits I try and stay to dry angles and get 4/5 staggered in t day. More prefer big hits mysen.

Status
Not open for further replies.