What qualification do i need to become a plastering college teacher?

Members online

Those who can - do
Those who can’t - teach
monkey spinning GIF

Those who can - do
Those who can’t - teach
Those that can use to have apprentices, the real teacher.
I remember college as a bunch apprentices from different companies having a laugh.
It was just the fundamentals and tasks ticked off, so you could get your c&g.
My tradesman pissed all over the college guys, his knowledge was second to none.

Currently have a NVQ level 3 in plastering
You will be able to get a job with your NVQ however then the courses start. More than likely you’ll start off with what used to be the PTLLS, I believe it’s now called DTLLS, then your assessors qualification and finally the CertEd which is a degree. Very rewarding career but very frustrating with all the hoops you have to jump through.

You will be able to get a job with your NVQ however then the courses start. More than likely you’ll start off with what used to be the PTLLS, I believe it’s now called DTLLS, then your assessors qualification and finally the CertEd which is a degree. Very rewarding career but very frustrating with all the hoops you have to jump through.
I currently teach and took the DET Level5 in house. You will ideally be mentored by the Plastering lecturer when you first start but it can be a baptism of fire. From our year 2 students about a third have what it takes to move into Industry. The job itself can be both rewarding and frustrating in equal turns which can change from minute to minute! Ring around your local colleges and have a chat to the lecturers who should clue you in.

Thanks for the information and the most relevant answer.

Friend of mine did it. One of the 17 year olds who was put on the course just to be in education didn’t like getting told to wind his neck in and clear his s**t up. He pulled a Stanley blade on my mate and tried to slash his face, rapidly regretted it when my friend rightly broke his nose with 1 well placed punch. Next thing my friend gets nicked and the little darling is playing “the nasty man hit me” act

I currently teach and took the DET Level5 in house. You will ideally be mentored by the Plastering lecturer when you first start but it can be a baptism of fire. From our year 2 students about a third have what it takes to move into Industry. The job itself can be both rewarding and frustrating in equal turns which can change from minute to minute! Ring around your local colleges and have a chat to the lecturers who should clue you in.
Why not kick them out at the end of year one?

Excellent. I didn't carry on with the process as there weren't any proper colleges in my area running plastering courses and I feel that the private training facilities just add to the dross already in the industry (@algeeman yes you).
The college for plastering closed in Colchester by the time of my apprenticeship in 1963. They asked me if I would like to go to college in Cambridge ,60 mile away. That was about as difficult as a 15 year old getting to the moon in those days.

The college for plastering closed in Colchester by the time of my apprenticeship in 1963. They asked me if I would like to go to college in Cambridge ,60 mile away. That was about as difficult as a 15 year old getting to the moon in those days.
Yup Southend stopped back in the 80's I believe. Stuffed if I wanted to travel up town for a job that pays so little.

Once had ideas of doing it myself but after the last few years experiencing youth at work decided never in a million years would I want to teach them , fair play to all the teaches out there, still think the robots will be taking over within 10 years anyway now and there won’t be any plasterers

Once had ideas of doing it myself but after the last few years experiencing youth at work decided never in a million years would I want to teach them , fair play to all the teaches out there, still think the robots will be taking over within 10 years anyway now and there won’t be any plasterers
b*ll***s mate ! How the f**k would a robot know what a knicker drawer even looked like ? :rolleyes: