What makes a good spread

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Apprentice

So what makes a good spread in your eye's?

We've all heard the comment and hopefully the majority of us have said it about someone that they are good, but how do you make that call

Do you base it on the meterage that they push on in a shift.

Is it about the quality of their work

Is it about how they push it up the wall

For me all day long its firstly about the quality of their work and how they work, never I thought somebody was good because they piled the metres on.

Just a interested to know your thoughts

A good spread in my opinion is one who takes pride in the work, is able to do the work, is able to,predict and overcome the everyday problems, is reliable, organised,personable , a good spread when experienced should look for ways to make proper money from the game, there are going to be different roles for different spreads, queen bee or drone bee, it depends on what you want from life and what suits you,

The ability to turn up late and not give a toss,throw gear all over the floor,shout"show us yer tits"out the window at every opportunity,moan at all other trades....and drink Stella until you fall over.:RpS_thumbsup:

What makes a good spread.

Well for me it has to be Sausage rolls, mini scotch eggs, all types of meat, garlic bread, pizza, triangle sandwiches, sausage on sticks, cheese & pineapple on sticks, no salad. beer plenty of, think that's it. :RpS_thumbup:

A good spread in my opinion is one who takes pride in the work, is able to do the work, is able to,predict and overcome the everyday problems, is reliable, organised,personable , a good spread when experienced should look for ways to make proper money from the game, there are going to be different roles for different spreads, queen bee or drone bee, it depends on what you want from life and what suits you,
john sounds good but I've seen **** plasterers take pride in there work , personally any spread who gets clean straight lines (angles) and uniformed finish overcome problems without panic ,,meterage means nothing if its **** :RpS_thumbup:

John did say straight after the full stop ..... Able to do the iob aswell not just pride ur pride wont last long if you dont know what ur doin !

So what makes a good spread in your eye's?

We've all heard the comment and hopefully the majority of us have said it about someone that they are good, but how do you make that call

Do you base it on the meterage that they push on in a shift.

Is it about the quality of their work

Is it about how they push it up the wall

For me all day long its firstly about the quality of their work and how they work, never I thought somebody was good because they piled the metres on.

Just a interested to know your thoughts

A pair of hands and a positive attitude!!!

What about the state you leave the job in? My mate's got ocd cleaning, leave the job tidier than when u got there. It's amazing how little attention clients pay to the work wen the place has had a proper clean down.

What about the state you leave the job in? My mate's got ocd cleaning, leave the job tidier than when u got there. It's amazing how little attention clients pay to the work wen the place has had a proper clean down.
Yes, lots of sites we are on are all about it been tidy more so than the amount done

Some one on here said the other day customers don't know a good job but they know a tidy one

the advert we use states no mess and no vat.
when i talk to the woman of the house she will tell me that she told her husband to give the work to the one with no mess.
turn up in clean clothes, and use canvas dust sheets, not the cotton ones, they should not be called dust sheets as they do no stop dust.
keep your truck clean,i have had customers say i knew that you would be tidy because i could see that your truck is nice and clean.

I like that saying
no mess, no vat
when i placed that advert in our local paper the builders federation put a one page advert in the paper stating the advantages in paying vat. which was total dribble.
no mess and no vat is what the customer wants and we are offering something the builders fed members can not do.

Status
Not open for further replies.