What is SBR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Styreene Buttediene Rubber used in Render, Floor screeds and sandtex paint. Some people use Unibond but I WOULDNOT do what you are asking.

Yeah what ever you do dont just paint a coat on, you have to use it in conjunction with cement as a slurry to give smoother surfaces a key, usually splattered on with a tyrolean gun, as it goes rock hard and sticks to pretty much anything so wear gloves as it is a nightmare to get off.

I've never used it but it's not damp proofing and it's expensive.

Bod so i could mix up a cement slurry apply to brick wall with tyrolean gun - wait to dry - then skim? This would create a barrier against lateral damp?

cheers

No it wont protect it against damp if there is damp in the existing wall it will need to be hacked off and use a product called vandex it is also gauranteed, then apply limelite or drycoat this seems to be the better damp proofing products but if you want a cheaper solution just use sand and cement with waterproofer in (sovereign is a good waterproofer)

No it wont protect it against damp if there is damp in the existing wall it will need to be hacked off and use a product called vandex it is also gauranteed, then apply limelite or drycoat this seems to be the better damp proofing products but if you want a cheaper solution just use sand and cement with waterproofer in (sovereign is a good waterproofer)

agreed sovereigns the best

Status
Not open for further replies.