What is SBR?

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Styreene Buttediene Rubber used in Render, Floor screeds and sandtex paint. Some people use Unibond but I WOULDNOT do what you are asking.

Yeah what ever you do dont just paint a coat on, you have to use it in conjunction with cement as a slurry to give smoother surfaces a key, usually splattered on with a tyrolean gun, as it goes rock hard and sticks to pretty much anything so wear gloves as it is a nightmare to get off.

I've never used it but it's not damp proofing and it's expensive.

Bod so i could mix up a cement slurry apply to brick wall with tyrolean gun - wait to dry - then skim? This would create a barrier against lateral damp?

cheers

No it wont protect it against damp if there is damp in the existing wall it will need to be hacked off and use a product called vandex it is also gauranteed, then apply limelite or drycoat this seems to be the better damp proofing products but if you want a cheaper solution just use sand and cement with waterproofer in (sovereign is a good waterproofer)

No it wont protect it against damp if there is damp in the existing wall it will need to be hacked off and use a product called vandex it is also gauranteed, then apply limelite or drycoat this seems to be the better damp proofing products but if you want a cheaper solution just use sand and cement with waterproofer in (sovereign is a good waterproofer)

agreed sovereigns the best

Status
Not open for further replies.