What do spreads require of a good labourer?

Members online

If anyone works with me my moto is

Do what I say, Not what you think
All goes to plan then..

Great first post
Enjoy the ride and welcome along

:hola:

Keep all tools and buckets clean without being told not the most important but it always help

Move faster than you ever have before keep up with what's going on so your on the ball. And defo forget you have a phone.

To be honest I think you are the first labourer on here to ask that question so I think you will be fine :) good attitude is a great start :)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Don't jump in van and ask what time will we finish today that one always gets my back up

FB_IMG_1470082778286.jpg

don't stand around waiting to be told what to do.
look busy pokemon go will help with this.
have a wander around around site pretending your looking for sky hooks, tartan paint or a couple of meters of falopian tubes, when really your training your pikachu.
(y)

Had a young joiner apprentice cum to me last week for a long stand..bless him shud of seen him left him standing there behind me for a few minutes not saying owt then it just got weird so told him it was on middle floor looked around for a couple minutes thsn shouted no its on top floor..was in house for 5 long minutes and he still didn't get it wen he left the house..

Another labourer left today,what's wrong with these lads.
Said he could plaster as well so was paying him what we both agreed two days in and he said he can't earn his money and jacked it in
The job is so much easier these days as well!

Another labourer left today,what's wrong with these lads.
Said he could plaster as well so was paying him what we both agreed two days in and he said he can't earn his money and jacked it in
The job is so much easier these days as well!
Honestly in 20years there will be work galore! Just be a shame Il b knocking on retirements door..not many lads will stick plastering out

There little f**k**s pal..there want £500 a week straight away and parents dont help bet wen there tell there mum n dad wat there on there wil b like f**k**g slave drivers paying u that s**t money son u cud work at Tesco's and earn double not realising we are training them a trade for life..my son will be same he wil be a lazy s**t can c it now but he wil know about it wrking for me and he wud start at the very bottom and earn shite money for 4 years..its the right way if it was gud enough for me its gud enough for them

Couldn't agree more kitchy the only way to learn is from the bottom and if they stick at it and show good work ethic they will reap the rewards. I remember being apprentice I was keen as mustard hudding on big stretches trying to get enough up on the board so I could throw some on. Somehow I couldn't imagine many being so enthusiastic these days from what I've seen.

Couldn't agree more kitchy the only way to learn is from the bottom and if they stick at it and show good work ethic they will reap the rewards. I remember being apprentice I was keen as mustard hudding on big stretches trying to get enough up on the board so I could throw some on. Somehow I couldn't imagine many being so enthusiastic these days from what I've seen.
Exactly same for me mate Id be labouring then throwing a wall on in another room without telling guy he used to have a go saying stop doing that as I need to finish it lol..by time I was 20 I was going toe to toe with him speedwise and he said id be wrking for myself by time was 21..u get out wat u put in..

True mate but here looking back thank fook those days are over don't miss the daily ball chewings either for leaving dirty angles and slight imperfections hated going in every day cause I knew I'd do something stupid an get a rallicking but again it's part an parcel of learning.

True mate but here looking back thank fook those days are over don't miss the daily ball chewings either for leaving dirty angles and slight imperfections hated going in every day cause I knew I'd do something stupid an get a rallicking but again it's part an parcel of learning.
Defo every1 gets shouted at..guy who taught me shouted at me all time and he used to always apologies at end of day..never once did I take it to heart..cracking teacher aswell

its worse when your taught by your old man like I was.
hated getting a hiding it was horrible that feeling of his belt buckle smashing against my arse cheeks
especially when he was normally still wearing it.:rayos:

I would like my own apprentice some day maybe my boy when he's bigger. He's only 6 months old and when he was born first thing I said was look at those hands they're def plasterers hands (or boxers) :boxeador:

Honestly in 20years there will be work galore! Just be a shame Il b knocking on retirements door..not many lads will stick plastering out
You'll only be 52....you'll have another 25 years the way the pension age is going

I did a good 30sqm today:)
I did 45m2 split over two days! Got roped into stripping the woodchip off the ceiling for the customer, my plan was to get paper off the ceiling everything else prepped for lunch then bang the ceiling and a few walls on. But by dinner time that soon changed to aslong as I get the ceiling on I'll catch the walls tomorrow

I did 45m2 split over two days! Got roped into stripping the woodchip off the ceiling for the customer, my plan was to get paper off the ceiling everything else prepped for lunch then bang the ceiling and a few walls on. But by dinner time that soon changed to aslong as I get the ceiling on I'll catch the walls tomorrow
Feckin love woodchip:numberone: