what base for colour

Members online

glasgowjohn

hi,trying to experiment and get some samples going and was going to buy some maromino or lucidato white plaster but the price they are wanting for dyes are expensive especially considering the amount you get
does anyone know what type of colouring you can use in venetian plaster does it have to an oil base or can you use such stuff like they use for candle colouring i found a vantablack acrylic paint could that be used?

Last edited:
hi,trying to experiment and get some samples going and was going to buy some maromino or lucidato white plaster but the price they are wanting for dyes are expensive especially considering the amount you get
does anyone know what type of colouring you can use in venetian plaster does it have to an oil base or can you use such stuff like they use for candle colouring i found a vantablack acrylic paint could that be used?
If your only doing samples just get some 1kg pots.Speak to James at chrysalis surface design he's a nice chap and will lookafter you.Maybe get some lucido and a marmarino 600.There great products and all lime and not acrylic s**t.

If your only doing samples just get some 1kg pots.Speak to James at chrysalis surface design he's a nice chap and will lookafter you.Maybe get some lucido and a marmarino 600.There great products and all lime and not acrylic s**t.
yeah cheers i'll be getting 1kg of both but for colouring can i use anything or does it need to be oil based as theres some colours that would look good in clubs and niche projects (goth clubs/dungeons 70s colours etc) im thinking using the worlds blackest black on a grey background

yeah cheers i'll be getting 1kg of both but for colouring can i use anything or does it need to be oil based as theres some colours that would look good in clubs and niche projects (goth clubs/dungeons 70s colours etc) im thinking using the worlds blackest black on a grey background
In that case I would purchase from impera Italia and get the colourants from them.I dont tend to tint my own I just get colour matched as per job.I have however used imperas and got a black and red pigment in which you create all shades of grey-black etc.

PXL_20201220_094841016.jpg

Tinted this one for dropdown ceiling in my showroom.

Never experimented with different colour products other than plaster manufacturers own pigments. I can tell you though that acrylic and lime don't mix well. If you put a lime plaster ontop of an acrylic it will fall off when drying out. I imaging you would possibly get a problem if doing it with a colour too

Never experimented with different colour products other than plaster manufacturers own pigments. I can tell you though that acrylic and lime don't mix well. If you put a lime plaster ontop of an acrylic it will fall off when drying out. I imaging you would possibly get a problem if doing it with a colour too
How you keeping rob?Are you doing much micro and venetian still mate?

How you keeping rob?Are you doing much micro and venetian still mate?
Not bad mate. Busier than ever at minute. Keeping up with venetian but not pushed it for a while. Got some coming up in next few months. How are you doing

Not bad mate. Busier than ever at minute. Keeping up with venetian but not pushed it for a while. Got some coming up in next few months. How are you doing
Ahh glad your busy mate.Yeah all good thanks busy aswell.Seems to be more applicators than ever.lol