What aspect of plastering do you enjoy most?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeD

Private Member
I really enjoy working on old buildings, lime work in general mainly because generally everything doesn't have to be square and 100% smooth. Natural materials are great to work with easy to clean tools at the end of the day and set times are slow so the pace is steady...

What do others enjoy most?

good question, adcar :RpS_thumbup: i enjoy the physical nature of the work. i never stop all day. i dont eat dinner. i dont sit down. just coffee and more coffee. its taken its toll over the years but i still find the hard work releases eendorphins in my brain and leaves me feeling exhilarated and in a euphoric state. an honest days graft. i always go home with a smile on my face

good question, adcar :RpS_thumbup: i enjoy the physical nature of the work. i never stop all day. i dont eat dinner. i dont sit down. just coffee and more coffee. its taken its toll over the years but i still find the hard work releases eendorphins in my brain and leaves me feeling exhilarated and in a euphoric state. an honest days graft. i always go home with a smile on my face

Euphoric state, what like your in Ibiza in Pacha off your face on 10 pills kind of state?

lol

Euphoric state, what like your in Ibiza in Pacha off your face on 10 pills kind of state?

lol
Went two years ago. Got some green ones of this jock and triple dropped before privelege nothing better than gurning your life away in that place. I prefer it to a nice artex ceiling thats for sure

Very good feeling when the scaffold comes down on an external job.

i enjoy working on chimney breasts, lots of old houses around here have old Victorian fireplaces in the bedrooms, it's nice to open them up, and make a feature out of them, they look pretty smart when done.

you meet some nice people, always nice finishing a job then getting compliments on your work

you pick up skills that will save you a lot of money on your own property in the future

I like doing coloured renders, site up the road from me looked quite smart, but they took the temp drainage off and for the last couple of weeks have let rainwater piss out of the hopper all down the wall, it looks terrible, be gutted if that was my work.

Superman or not u have to eat.

I really enjoy working on old buildings, lime work in general mainly because generally everything doesn't have to be square and 100% smooth. Natural materials are great to work with easy to clean tools at the end of the day and set times are slow so the pace is steady...

What do others enjoy most?
i do enjoy all aspects of plastering,i do really enjoy rendering and as you have said working with lime,i have a job coming up the customer has had some concrete lintels put in and they want me to render over it so it will look like a stone lintel(white cement cut some fluted corners into it etc)anything like this i like especially:RpS_thumbup:

Calis, cali splitters, disco biscuits, dutch barrels, mitsubishis oh well it was fun driving up n down the country with a number or maybe someone had a pager smeartharpe , castle morton , spiral tribe n circus warp. "Hardcore til four or we dont come back no more" :)
P.s. is this the rehab section ;)

i like it best when the lady customer says fuk the plastering get y pants off .......thats usually about 6.30 just before the alarm goes off

I also enjoy it when the customers 19 years old sexy as fook daughter is prancing around the house in shorts and a vest............... Took me 3 months to skim their staircase

I like learning new things. Still picking little things up here and there different ways of doing things etc...

I just like smashing the back doors in of our new apprentice when he fu@ks up. It's a better version of the naughty step

Adcar they are Bristol based right? Seen some of there work...sh*t hot spreads apparently.

Adcar they are Bristol based right? Seen some of there work...sh*t hot spreads apparently.
Between you and me, he's a self obsessed tit that thinks alot of himself, he suffers from a love of money and the need to prove something by boasting about his earnings at every opportunity.

Other than that probably a nice bloke.

I like taking a bit of money off to milfs then taking them from behind while they count my money out !! :flapper:

Status
Not open for further replies.