Website rankings

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBPlasteringmcr

I need to try and get my website on the first page of google for plasterer Manchester and other related search terms. Any tips or advice from the people who have already achieved this?

My site was on the first page for a couple of months then it started slipping down the rankings, so I contacted my web designer and he suggested search engine optimisation 'SEO'. He's gonna charge me an extra £50 a month to do this, but it doesn't just happen over night it takes time to get up there.

[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]I made my website myself but I don't really know much about SEO do you think it's worth the £50 a month? Do you get a lot of work from it? I messaged him before. Hope he gives me a good price lol[/FONT]

You need to be listed in as many directories as you can
Google likes links to & from your site
update content regularly & add as much as you see fit (maybe start a blog)

lots of work involved on page and off page....

£50 is very very cheap our normal rates start at £250 a month but I started doing this for well plasterers Recession Busting Tradesman SEO Package

Its all about results and if the person doing the SEO can actually do it then its good value

Danny

£250 is nothing if you bring in over £1000 a month of extra work for the client :)

Its like me saying to you give me £250 and I will give you £1000... you not going to say no are ya :)

It is not always easy lots of variables etc etc

haha i was jokeing dan i know mate and you send me the 1000 first then ill put the 250 in the post to ya:RpS_thumbup:

Yeah send me the £1000 first aswell Dan.
No send me £4000 & I'll send you back £1000,
Hang on send me £3000 & we'll call it quits :RpS_thumbup:

Here's my 2 pence worth. If you are normally in work, why have a website that generates more work, unless you are intending to take on extra labour to do it? Employing people either on a sub contract or employed basis is nothong more than a pain in the arse, at the best of times. If you are not in regular work, chances are you aren't going to have the spare cash to pay for the website and getting up in the rankings. So what's the point in generating more work if you can't do it? Lets say you work on 10% profit, to pay £250, you need to generate £2500 of extra revenue, which is say a good couple of weeks work. How do you do it. Or am I just missing something here?

A website should compliment your other marketing strategies...

see it as a portfolio.... even if it does not bring you any work but just showcases your jobs it could close a deal....

Also if your normal line of work dries up then you need to find another source....

Each to their own :=)

Here's my 2 pence worth. If you are normally in work, why have a website that generates more work, unless you are intending to take on extra labour to do it? Employing people either on a sub contract or employed basis is nothong more than a pain in the arse, at the best of times. If you are not in regular work, chances are you aren't going to have the spare cash to pay for the website and getting up in the rankings. So what's the point in generating more work if you can't do it? Lets say you work on 10% profit, to pay £250, you need to generate £2500 of extra revenue, which is say a good couple of weeks work. How do you do it. Or am I just missing something here?

If you have alot of work coming in you can pick and choose your jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.