Weber tf advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parko

Hi Lads, am fairly new to monocouche rendering , been puting on by hand for a few years but have recently been blessed with a g4 next gen from mr lord, so everything going fine however I need some advice , after starting a job this week all the block work is mono and the cuts told me he had weber rep out for spec on the dormas which was aquapanel=laccoat=mesh=mono however when I've got the spec sheet it's aqua=1laccoat=mesh=2laccoat=pr310primer=weberplast.tf problem is I've never used thin coat system before so looking for advice how to apply,ie how far back from the beads does the lac coat finish? Wots best way to apply Tf coat and how does it rub up as surely not going to be same finish as the mono, Soz for long post and thanks in advance for any advice

Hi Parko

You are right, the thin coat is going to look slightly different to the Mono.... but it will only be on the Dorma areas, so not near enough for direct comparison.....

downoad the brochure in my signature below - it is the Aquapanel Exterior Brochure, so will show the details for boarding - there is a couple of pages that go through installation, it has some basic info for applying Thincoat renders as well. Also, Weber should have some instructions as well.... get their TDS sheets for the products......

There will be more info from guys on here, also feel free to ask more questions.....

Also - have a word with Les, L&D do loads of this work!

Good Luck mate - any Aquapanel issues, get in touch with me, details on my profile (click on my name, top left, and then click on View Profile)

Richard

Thanks for the reply Richard , yes I have read the aqua panels specs that's all straight forward enough 3-5 gaps correct screws etc so that stage is complete , I was just unsure how to finish the topcoat , I have got les on speed dial but felt cheeky quizzing about something not to do with the machine , I know he's a good egg tho so probaly won't mind , thanks again

You tube it, quite a few on there. Ideally spend a day with someone like I did, with Stu the Great Southern Monkey Renderer. Went all the way to Bedfordshire but it was worth every mile and had the good fortune to learn how to apply Santane which the finish is similar to TF150.

I am doing some this week and next in South Yorkshire.

Hi Lads, am fairly new to monocouche rendering , been puting on by hand for a few years but have recently been blessed with a g4 next gen from mr lord, so everything going fine however I need some advice , after starting a job this week all the block work is mono and the cuts told me he had weber rep out for spec on the dormas which was aquapanel=laccoat=mesh=mono however when I've got the spec sheet it's aqua=1laccoat=mesh=2laccoat=pr310primer=weberplast.tf problem is I've never used thin coat system before so looking for advice how to apply,ie how far back from the beads does the lac coat finish? Wots best way to apply Tf coat and how does it rub up as surely not going to be same finish as the mono, Soz for long post and thanks in advance for any advice
Where are you based mate ,someone will help you out , don,t worry TF you will laugh when you see it done , best of luck ,you are in very safe hands with Les

Tf will not match the mono mate , if it is on the same build

Thanks for the positive remarks lads and not dismissing me as a crank that should khow better by now , truth is I've been working with my old man for 23 years now who is old school and stuck in his ways , first time I showed him a sponge he pissed himself , I caught him next day tho trying to make one out of a bit of carpet so you can imagine what I've been up against , anyway he's retired last year so I've decided to move on with the times hence the machine , (tennis elbow is torturing me) if hed have had the sense to bring one back from germany instead of visiting the beerkellars everynight id be laughing now,had a look on YouTube rigs and it looks very doable now so am quite looking forward to it as last week was dreading i, have thought about shooting to flintwick for the day ,but don't think I need to now , would love to take u up on offer rigsby but am totally chocka for a few weeks , so just a couple questions 1 do I apply base coat flush to beads and expect a bit of shinkage to accept topcoat or leave it a few mm shy,2 what type of plastic float will be best for rubbing it up as they come in various depths 1,2,3 mm and is there a danger of over rubbing it ? Again many thanks for your advice and support, just a quicky on the machine absolutely superb , a bit heavy to get in the van by self tho so got a 12v winch off eBay £50 spot on

Spoke to les and he's put me on the right track, I totally get it now ,feel a bit of a tit now tho as I thought they were getting mono I had preped up as such with standard render beads , not the mesh wings but there u go you live and learn , just a quickly I forgot to ask les what is the best tool to rub up right into the corners at the sides of the dormas, will a pointing trowel do the trick?

Spoke to les and he's put me on the right track, I totally get it now ,feel a bit of a tit now tho as I thought they were getting mono I had preped up as such with standard render beads , not the mesh wings but there u go you live and learn , just a quickly I forgot to ask les what is the best tool to rub up right into the corners at the sides of the dormas, will a pointing trowel do the trick?

it wont matter about the bead too much mate as long as you used a 4 or 6 mm ? if you used a 10 or 15 then your material (LAC) budget will be screwwed big time polyer bases are expensivvvvvve.

just be sure to run the mesh right into the raised spine of the profile so the mesh is complete and not short in any areas. Lac is decent enough gear to work with, the primer is really see through though but it does kill the suction so dont worry if its not completely whiter than white. Get your texture on and rubbed as fast as you can work and thats all you can do, its cooler weather now so the plast texture coaat should be a bit easier this time of year.

Thanks for advice jfe ,yes I did run the mesh right up to the beads edges and gave it another tight coat of lac , so everything's looking good to go ,does the primer need to be bone dry or tacky when applying top coat ? Ta

Let the primer dry out but watch for the humidity on the BBC weather for your area. When the air is damp it could take days to be dry enough against rain. Had 1 wash off after two days in November.

Unless I can cover up well I avoid Bucket coat jobs between Oct-March.

Status
Not open for further replies.