Water stains to Mono

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jgreenplastering

Private Member
Laid some Monorex Monday had a bit of dripping to 2 little areas, it looks like it's dried chalky to just these areas.
It was only a little bit and it happened after I'd scratched, I then went back over these areas and around it lightly (same day scrape) before brushing everything down.

Does anyone know if it will all dry the same or is there's trick to sort it if not?

Cheers

You might struggle to hide it, as the lime has come to the surface, might get away with it you might not. If you do, buy a scratch card on your way home your lucks in.

Thanks for that @owls

Will it stay lighter than the rest even when it's all fully dried?
ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1444239663.031919.jpg

Ive attached a pic. It's by the scaffold pole.
You can see it more when looking at it than it does in the picture.
At worst I'll just have to paint the whole front I guess.

Yea that's what I'm worried about.
It stands out to me but client hasn't mentioned it yet. It's still wet and should dry out a lot lighter so it at not be as bad. I'll wait and see.
Anyone painted there work before and if so what have you used?

Yea that's what I'm worried about.
It stands out to me but client hasn't mentioned it yet. It's still wet and should dry out a lot lighter so it at not be as bad. I'll wait and see.
Anyone painted there work before and if so what have you used?
If customer doesn't say anything I would keep your thoughts to yourself...u made a good job of it by the picture it's not your fault for whatever reasons it's not all the same colour...u can't be expected to paint it all ...all I would say is let it dry

Laid some Monorex Monday had a bit of dripping to 2 little areas, it looks like it's dried chalky to just these areas.
It was only a little bit and it happened after I'd scratched, I then went back over these areas and around it lightly (same day scrape) before brushing everything down.

Does anyone know if it will all dry the same or is there's trick to sort it if not?

Cheers

Alright Jordan, how come you moved to Parex from Weber?...how are you finding it? any cracking?

I had a job once painting some KRend that was 10 years old and tired looking, got the mats from RendIt ltd. Acrylic Paint, they can colour match. Looked spot on, it penetrates, once dry looked like it had been re rendered.

I saw a job on St Johns Lane that had bad lime bloom, the earth Weber...they painted it with a weber product, looks spot on now.

Parex primer can't think which one got a tub in the unit, cost £180 notes mind...
Will let u know what one or a light acid wash works too.

Status
Not open for further replies.