Waste carriers licence

Status
Not open for further replies.
No but i was workin on the old bit (changing rooms) they just done before the new part, do you know who has got the contract?

No, but a mate of mine is labouring on there, so i'll find out for you. He has said that the plasters have only just started on there, about 2 weeks ago now

Ive got the agents number i might give him a bell on monday see what the rates are, whats your mates name and are you in grimsby?

i'm doing work for an insurance company now and we have to take all the rubbish to their skip. would i need one for doing that? i'm not getting one but just wondered

No, because the skip provider is the waste carrier.

i'm doing work for an insurance company now and we have to take all the rubbish to their skip. would i need one for doing that? i'm not getting one but just wondered

When I was working for a builder doing insurance work steve we
used to take rubbish off the job to his skip at his yard & I asked him about it once I said as a subbie I shouldn't be removing your waste as I haven't got a license, he said I was covered on his waste carriers licence & to phone his office for the number or whatever if I ever got pulled, I didnt believe him to be honest.

But my mate I do work for said the same & he asked them when he applied for his licence & they told him if someone is working for him & taking rubbish to a skip at his yard then they are covered on his license!

Still can't work it out meself but that's what I've been told.

But I ain't gonna phone em to check, I've never had one & don't intend on getting one!!

If that was the case everyone could share the same licence, imagine sayin to the tv licence people its not my television its my mates and he has got a licence lol And before anyone says it goes with the property it also probably goes with the vehicle carrying the waste, Bubbles im not sure if steve has got a reg on his arse but he has on his van that will be carrying the waste.

I know what your saying:RpS_biggrin:
I agree it's the van carrying the waste at the time that should have the license.
But i'm not going to phone em to check:RpS_wink:

just been on the ( buisness link website) typed in waste carriers brought up a load of info from( enviorment agency & netregs ) & from what i can make out you carrying some body elses so you need 2 register 4 what is called a sesson ticket

Ive got the agents number i might give him a bell on monday see what the rates are, whats your mates name and are you in grimsby?

My mates called Lee, he's one of the agency labourers... He said the companys called SCS, and there from Sheffield, but thats all he knows. Yeah am from Grimsby

if the insurance company got a skip then they should also be paying someone to pick up the rubbish and take it to the skip...
I'd have a word with the insurance company steve, see if you can get something in writing to show to the sh't police if you get stopped, something that covers you under their umbrella so to speak, but if they've just got a skip and no waste carriers licence you wont be covered either... sounds to me like theyre expecting you to cover it for them..
coucil jobs had a bloke with a flat bed tranny, we just left all our crap in rubble sacks just inside the garden fence (not on the highway - important that) and he came round once or twice a day and picked up all the crap, carted it back to the yard and tipped it into a mix of skips, once he'd stripped any metal away of course....

well chris, we do the jobs on a price for them so its kind of our job. they give us the job sheet and we have to buy all mats but they get rid of the waste. so i guess its our responsibility to take it to the skip and theirs to get rid of it. if i get caught i'll just give them the office details and tell them to speak to them. i wear an ACS t shirt and so does the labourer so i'll just say we work for them

well chris, we do the jobs on a price for them so its kind of our job. they give us the job sheet and we have to buy all mats but they get rid of the waste. so i guess its our responsibility to take it to the skip and theirs to get rid of it. if i get caught i'll just give them the office details and tell them to speak to them. i wear an ACS t shirt and so does the labourer so i'll just say we work for them

thats fine but the first question they will ask is who owns this vehicle that is carrying the waste

and i shall say i do. but i didnt carry the waste to the van, and i wont carry it to the skip. let the labourer get in s**t lol

i did a job before xmas for someone who works in the office at our local tip, he was telling me its complete b*ll***s because they don't make anyone aware of it but then try and charge you if you get caught. he said play dumb and you will probably get away with it...once.

I paid for a license in oct last year, applied online was accepted and recieved the certificate and paid £154 for it.
Now 4 months later they claim i did not pay, and are trying to get me to pay again. Just sent them a copy of my october bank statement and now wating for a reply.
TYPICAL GOV DEPARTMENT! Left hand does not know what right hand is doing.

You only get the freedom to carry rubbish if they process the application properly. Looks like i will be carrying a bank statement now incase i get a tug.

Sorry lads, I thought that steve was carrying the waste manually to a roadside skip on the job. If he's transporting it in a van then I would say yes he will need a waste carriers license, him or ACS.....(got any spare tshirts steve):RpS_laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.