Wallcrete or not wallcrete that is the question.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ile carry on was timed out, have 8 cuts on each course and the cut corbel on top of the piers was a night mare so you can imagine the labour as for the pointing not my cup of tea but thats what they wanted but no butter the cost was around £8000 inc mats thanks to Nisus for posting the pics and Kebab for instigating it.

How do you do that triangle shape bit at top of the pier do you cut the bricks with grinder at angle?

Ile carry on was timed out, have 8 cuts on each course and the cut corbel on top of the piers was a night mare so you can imagine the labour as for the pointing not my cup of tea but thats what they wanted but no butter the cost was around £8000 inc mats thanks to Nisus for posting the pics and Kebab for instigating it.

Hang on a minute. Did I or did I not, help on this job ????

cant remember meself at this stage :confused:

In all fairness the main wall could have been done in Wallcrete and you wouldnt have known the difference but the rest would not have been cost effective as you would have needed a profile to apply the walcrete to so quicker to cut a brick

How do you do that triangle shape bit at top of the pier do you cut the bricks with grinder at angle?
Every thing was cut on a clipper saw mate would have been impossible with a grinder the pier has to be set out spot on at the bottom and kept absolutely plumb or the triangle shape as you call it wont work and when the pier breaks into square if its not plumb the coping wont fit properly, there was a steel in the centre of the piers so i set a profile on top of this and used a laser plumb bob to plumb up from the set out base to the profile and then fixed plumb lines on four of the corners to keep me more or less in the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.