Wallcrete or not wallcrete that is the question.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nisus

Elite Member
Ok then let's see if anyone can tell wether this is a real brick wall or a brick effect render(wallcrete).
:)

photo-1108.jpg

photo-2058.jpg

You were invited to this one, Irish was in charge of sorting it out.
So you must have received a pm?

Its wallcrete i know as i did it last week, the wall is concrete my mates son who is a shuttering carpenter formed the wall and the dolly features on the top of the wall were cast in a local precast factory and bedded on then walcreted.

Its wallcrete i know as i did it last week, the wall is concrete my mates son who is a shuttering carpenter formed the wall and the dolly features on the top of the wall were cast in a local precast factory and bedded on then walcreted.

Yeah nice job andy :RpS_thumbup:

Luscious sent one of his oppos from north London to east. I've been told to keep stum. I'm not arguing :RpS_crying:

This style of pointing is called Butter Pointing and is always required by English Heritage to match in with old weathered lime joints though this was not the case here the Architect just specified it, the mix is 4 silver sand, 1 sharp, 1 white cement and one part Butter, the Butter helps soften the colour of the morter and promote the growth of moulds and moss on the wall to age it more.

Is wallcrete like most renders in time will crack and what sort of hammer will it take example kids kicking ball bike scuffs etc.

yep, I'm assuming it'll crack and deteriorate over time. Does it stain like concrete structures do?

yep, I'm assuming it'll crack and deteriorate over time. Does it stain like concrete structures do?

At the end of the day its render, albeit a modified render with excellent weather resistant properties with the added protection of an acrylic seal over the top, if this is maintained then it should remain as vibrant as the day it was applied, but it can also be recoloured if nessacary, if it sustains any damage, then just cut out the damaged section via any mortar joints and re render and colour , simples,

Status
Not open for further replies.