waht size sets you putting on ...

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Always push for 10sqm out of a bag on two coat work I was always taught whatever you put on first coat it's half for 2nd coat and give or take a hawk full I would say it's always worked for me 2mm would never happen in pretty positive that when I started it was a 3mm skim and it hasn't changed the way it goes on in 16 years for me I'm over the moon when I see what people have to achieve everyday just to earn a decent bit of dough when for 2 bags I could pretty much equal what they earn I call that getting older and wiser I would come out in cold sweats knowing I would have to do 100sqm a day just to make money my life is about work a chore and a ways of means not the other way round at a push I might even have to put an extra handful in if I've put to much water in but why knock your pipe out life's for enjoying not going home fcuked every night
I Luv going home f**k*d every nite and I love it pagey lad

Kitchy, if you are getting 15 m2 out of a bag you not skimming over 3 mm thick

Anything over 3 mm and your proud of the beads!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've never measured exact big k like but I know u get more than 10m2 out of a bag and I put it on thicker than 2mm

I've never measured exact big k like but I know u get more than 10m2 out of a bag and I put it on thicker than 2mm

I think you are estimating a mm incorrectly then.
If you are getting that meterage out of a bag.
It's got nothing to do with the mixing either, a bucket of stuffer gear will go further than a bucket of wetter gear because there is more powder in the bucket. (If put on at same thickness)

I think you are estimating a mm incorrectly then.
If you are getting that meterage out of a bag.
It's got nothing to do with the mixing either, a bucket of stuffer gear will go further than a bucket of wetter gear because there is more powder in the bucket. (If put on at same thickness)

To be fair kev I've never got tape out on my skimming lol but all I know is I put it on thicker than 2mm

Quite often we will lay in with same mix.[/QUOTE
We had a load of trouble with the plaster about 8 years ago we would do a bag and by time we got round to flatten off it was black the rep came out and he did actually recommend that you coated with the same mix but did think that's impossible if u got a wall 30m long

That rep should have got a slap. The gear was obviously flash setting & you should have been reimbursed with extras [emoji12]

Was a
That rep should have got a slap. The gear was obviously flash setting & you should have been reimbursed with extras
emoji12.png

sl
That rep should have got a slap. The gear was obviously flash setting & you should have been reimbursed with extras [emoji12]

you know as well as me the technical data is far from reality but does say on a bag of multi u get 10sqm at 2mm that's without wastage

On site when the the boards are bashed etc how do you manage to lay on at 2mm thick in 2 coats and it covers all the s**t boarding well enough to look good?
I've never worked site so interested to know how it can go on so thin like people say.
I assume it's 2 coats at 1mm thick otherwise the second coat would be scrapped on be vile to trowel up?
What about covering scrim and beads which are 3mm how does this work?
Does the skim not set a lot quicker if laid at 1mm
I only work on domestic so when I'm laying I'll mix up how I see for the walls, 2 thicker coats if there artex/quite bad or first coat thicker than 2nd if there flat/board work.
I've never measured how thick I put it on, maybe I do do it at 2mm.
I may try stretching it out on my next board job just to see.
I'm no speed King either so this may help me put it on quicker and do bigger sets wongaaaa

You'll definetly pick up the pace of its on thinner, beads are 3mm and a lot of lads caulk them and tapered joints out before spreading, it doesn't set any quicker if it's on thinner though it will dry quicker in warmer weather. The boarding obviously needs to be decent.
People go on about site work being rough, but when I was house bashing for about 15yrs I followed the neatest boarding & dabbing I've ever done.
If you are getting 10m2 a bag your on at 2mm don't mind kitchy

On site when the the boards are bashed etc how do you manage to lay on at 2mm thick in 2 coats and it covers all the s**t boarding well enough to look good?
I've never worked site so interested to know how it can go on so thin like people say.
I assume it's 2 coats at 1mm thick otherwise the second coat would be scrapped on be vile to trowel up?
What about covering scrim and beads which are 3mm how does this work?
Does the skim not set a lot quicker if laid at 1mm
I only work on domestic so when I'm laying I'll mix up how I see for the walls, 2 thicker coats if there artex/quite bad or first coat thicker than 2nd if there flat/board work.
I've never measured how thick I put it on, maybe I do do it at 2mm.
I may try stretching it out on my next board job just to see.
I'm no speed King either so this may help me put it on quicker and do bigger sets wongaaaa

If you not doing site £ m2 I don't think you need to change anything you do cuz you still getting your money that you gave as your job price which is all that matters..hats off to the m2 price spreads for making there work pay..2mm,3mm 5mm getting paid is the hard bit and the bit I care about.

You'll definetly pick up the pace of its on thinner, beads are 3mm and a lot of lads caulk them and tapered joints out before spreading, it doesn't set any quicker if it's on thinner though it will dry quicker in warmer weather. The boarding obviously needs to be decent.
People go on about site work being rough, but when I was house bashing for about 15yrs I followed the neatest boarding & dabbing I've ever done.
If you are getting 10m2 a bag your on at 2mm don't mind kitchy

I prob do put It on at 3mm kev I defo dont put it on at 2mm like I say I've never measured my thickness of skim 3-5mm was a reference from how I got taught in younger days that's was the spec about 15 years ago it wasn't 2mm wen u put it on that thin at 2mm I find you get them little black bits cum up wen flattening its like the fine aggregates or sumat If that makes sense or am I talking bolloxs?

If the boarding's good I normally get about 12m out of a bag.
1 coat or two? Thursday afternoon I skimmed a 15m2 ceiling. Knocked up a full bag for first coat and had enough left for another metre or two

Status
Not open for further replies.