Wage rises

Members online

1 area does matter no matter how pretty you look in your shiny van . If i priced a 3 bedder in harrogate say 3 grand . ( yeah 3 grand it not taj Mahal its a three bedder ) i know for a fact i would have to be near half that in other area.s.
2 speed . @lurpak did them ceilings for 1200 in a day . Another kid who could get same quality ( wont take much) bit might take him 3 days. He not gonna get job for 3600

im gonna come to Yorkshire for a month n see if i can hit 8k

1 area does matter no matter how pretty you look in your shiny van . If i priced a 3 bedder in harrogate say 3 grand . ( yeah 3 grand it not taj Mahal its a three bedder ) i know for a fact i would have to be near half that in other area.s.
2 speed . @lurpak did them ceilings for 1200 in a day . Another kid who could get same quality ( wont take much) bit might take him 3 days. He not gonna get job for 3600
C'mon john that says it all..he priced the job not how long it would take that was irrelevant..this is where other people go wrong pricing..think about it hes not guna get £3600 to over skim a few lids that was never mentioned..

C'mon john that says it all..he priced the job not how long it would take that was irrelevant..this is where other people go wrong pricing..think about it hes not guna get £3600 to over skim a few lids that was never mentioned..
So if you can charge say 900 for a job because it will take you three days even though its a day to someone else who will charge 300

Why drag it out . If you can do it in day for 900.
Wish I had pics from my other phone of a living room ceiling I over skimmed..I charged £650..I knew the woman had OCD I seen all her tabs she was on,everywhere was solid oak,floor,doors,skirtings,arcs..the room was immaculate john..I sheeted up like it was a crime scene john looked like a murder scene..she appreciated it

Because mentally I'd set aside 2 days..1st day skim ceiling and prep..finish 4 1..2nd day 2 gages walls..finish at 2 maximum ready in van to go..there have got a good job and I've provided a good service..I wudnt go in by myself and skim a full living room in a day that's just dog rough

im getting that way now. Cba trying to cram everything in.Rather take my time

I couldnt do it in a day anymore.
Why would you want to? It means you've gone in too low in 1st place if ur rushing about getting a living room skimmed in day..not a case of just going in and blasting it off,its somebody's home cant be treated like a site hence why site work is m2 and domestic isnt

Bricktop is right of course except for one thing - even on 104/day..you are a free man.
After years of being a paid employee at a desk and the shite and bollox that came with it , the relief of being in control of my own life and not at someone else's beck and call is huge.
Yes my income is poor and age is making me able to do less but I'm fcking free and I'm never going back

Bu
And that's on utter shite rates! Got a wrap around extension and full refurb starting 3 week of jan,our own job and its minimum £10m2 board and skim labour only and theres big areas..wen ur a site basher that's like literally printing money rates
But your slagging people off only getting £150 a day and you only get £200 some days. Bet your travelling hour plus some days aswell

I was recently reading a 2019 UK survey that put the Scottish accent at the top - the study has recognised that the accent is found to be friendly and honest throughout the UK. They score highest for both trustworthiness and competence which instils confidence in people. You lucky chaps that quote with the ‘Sean Connery’ accent should be coining it in...unfortunately if you sound like ‘Dougie’...

Priced 2 flats today at £3750 Labour only , 2 beds , kitchen ,bathroom hallway , landing etc ,2.8m h , nice if I get it , got a call today re two rooms , today of all days at 5 pm

Bu
But your slagging people off only getting £150 a day and you only get £200 some days. Bet your travelling hour plus some days aswell
Ye but I'm not robbo lol..its all with half hour distance..ur missing the point totally..did u not see the bit where I said 70% I do is site work??? You can not turn over 6 figures a year (labour only on domestics)! Impossible..and it's not just 6 figures either..have s think and get back to me but il prob need to argue my point on friday or sumat as I'm off out