Venetian

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

paddyh

Hi all...I'm new here and to the world of plastering...I'm self taught through watching YouTube. .not brilliant obviously but just paid deposit to do 2 day course at gold trowel...has anyone done this course...Thanks in advance

Hi all...I'm new here and to the world of plastering...I'm self taught through watching YouTube. .not brilliant obviously but just paid deposit to do 2 day course at gold trowel...has anyone done this course...Thanks in advance

thats andy marshells course its good u get to do full size walls ect as others just do boards
i trained with the marble plaster company up north was 4 day course cant rember how much
but the stuff they use was harder to use but looked so much better
in 2 days it is alot to take in and remember i would take a longer course
it would be worth the extra time and mony i think andy does a 5 day? anyway good luck

Is there any feedback on the Manchester course,was going to do the 10 day at Essex walls,floors and ceilings if I can get the same in Manchester will have a look at that as that's where im from, the Essex course is sold by gaining an actual qualification and not just application and product experience.Is Manchester the same with access to decent sized walls, and a recognised qual at the end of the coin you lay out as well as continued support this is something I am definatley going to add to my skill set any feedback on the Manchester set up will be appreciated cheers.

I did the 5 day course in Essex and it was brilliant, there was someone there when I was doing it who only did 3 days. Even Andy himself said it wasn't long enough.

It's another thing that you can put on the list of things you can do although how many jobs will you actually get?
There are loads of courses now and loads of guys on them.guys are making a lot of dough doing these courses

Shut the courses down!! They are a waste of money and make a mockery of people who go through them, poor sods actually believe they are plasterers after a crash course.

Is there any feedback on the Manchester course,was going to do the 10 day at Essex walls,floors and ceilings if I can get the same in Manchester will have a look at that as that's where im from, the Essex course is sold by gaining an actual qualification and not just application and product experience.Is Manchester the same with access to decent sized walls, and a recognised qual at the end of the coin you lay out as well as continued support this is something I am definatley going to add to my skill set any feedback on the Manchester set up will be appreciated cheers.

The Manchester courses are identical to the Essex courses. That's the idea of it. Having a northern location so people don't have to travel as far from up hwre

Status
Not open for further replies.