Vans in Manchester

@madmonk … How did you get on in your van hunt mate?

I’m looking to upgrade my 09 Iveco to a Ford transit, but it’s a minefield out there at the moment.

@madmonk … How did you get on in your van hunt mate?

I’m looking to upgrade my 09 Iveco to a Ford transit, but it’s a minefield out there at the moment.
I found a bargain this week. Put a deposit on it the day it was listed on auto trader. Few hours later I’m getting odd stories from the dealer. They pulled the plug on me. Must have realised it was too cheap and had better offers. Fuming!!!
People are fighting over vans at the moment.

f**k**g bonkers!! I’ve seen a couple of brand new Renault Traffic’s but no Transits.

I found a bargain this week. Put a deposit on it the day it was listed on auto trader. Few hours later I’m getting odd stories from the dealer. They pulled the plug on me. Must have realised it was too cheap and had better offers. Fuming!!!

Frightening at the moment.

Do your research into them type of companies, try to find a name to the business. I found some that was to good to be true, too many dodgy c**ts that want your hard earned for free.

I've give up lookin at the moment mate sticking with mine at the moment cos we dong have to change ours till 2023
I’m thinking of doing the same Ste. The prices are wayyyyy off what they should be. It’s a box at the end of the day and this is all inflation and shortage driven.
I worked out that the extra I’d pay for a newer van I could be fined 5 days a week for 5 years to get the same amount.

I’m thinking of doing the same Ste. The prices are wayyyyy off what they should be. It’s a box at the end of the day and this is all inflation and shortage driven.
I worked out that the extra I’d pay for a newer van I could be fined 5 days a week for 5 years to get the same amount.
My mate is a van dealer aswell he offered me an 18 plate connect with 20k on clock but was a bit small

Euro 7 will be coming soon, then zero emissions so dont spend loads on a euro 6
or you'll have to change again in a few years.

Just gotta bite the bullet Leasing a new van makes more sense than spending £20k of your hard earned on a used van with no warranty.
makes no sense at all casper, personally rather pay for a van outright , might not be brand new, but peace of mind , no thinking well that van needs me to work 1/2 days a week just to pay for something, which will not be mine, never ever lease a van

makes no sense at all casper, personally rather pay for a van outright , might not be brand new, but peace of mind , no thinking well that van needs me to work 1/2 days a week just to pay for something, which will not be mine, never ever lease a van
Not like you to be disagreeable! I could buy a banger tomorrow but I’d rather drive something smart and reliable and new. Loads of tech, full warranty, no MOT to think about. Be bad day if you couldn’t afford £100 a week for your main tool.

Not like you to be disagreeable! I could buy a banger tomorrow but I’d rather drive something smart and reliable and new. Loads of tech, full warranty, no MOT to think about. Be bad day if you couldn’t afford £100 a week for your main tool.
It's a fair point, if your earning the coin just buy a new one, and have done with it.

I'm waiting on a new transit, a h2l2 trend spec, I ordered it new for September reg there now telling it will be with me April time. I wouldn't get your hopes of it passing over anytime soon, demand is outstripping supply.

Looks a good deal!
72AB28BD-097E-4825-A6F9-4B79BB9F61E4.png

I'm waiting on a new transit, a h2l2 trend spec, I ordered it new for September reg there now telling it will be with me April time. I wouldn't get your hopes of it passing over anytime soon, demand is outstripping supply.

Does that mean your going be selling something @owls ?

A big one is getting the vat back.if I wasn't vat registered I wouldn't entertain buying a new one, but another plus,is it cuts my tax bill down every year.

I’ve considered it rich because some Ford dealers offer 0% finance so there’s a huge saving there.
Yes they did that after the crash in 2009 I bought a new one then on 0% hp, plus they were giving free servicing for 3 years. If there doing that now that's great because inflation is a least 5%.the thing is with all vans is they've shot up in price but that means second hand ones have aswell. I've also bought pre reg vans aswell but there going to be scarce now.

Euro 7 is out in 2025 but will be years before they push euro 6 out after that
Euro 6 was only brought out in 2015 and with the big "climate" push coming I think things will be changing very quickly especially around the next election.
Push bike and trailer coming soon

Just buy new know & get the best money for your used one this won’t last .... spent 50k on a new vw bus
However got 25 k for a 7 year old vw bus

Euro 6 was only brought out in 2015 and with the big "climate" push coming I think things will be changing very quickly especially around the next election.
I know what you mean. Can’t take anything for granted nowadays

A big one is getting the vat back.if I wasn't vat registered I wouldn't entertain buying a new one, but another plus,is it cuts my tax bill down every year.

With not being vat registered, seeing vans + vat your like for fcuks sake. I seen a mint van for 16k + vat, then I’m like I don’t wanna give 20 for something that’s worth 16.

Is there away around vat for us lads that aren’t registered?

With not being vat registered, seeing vans + vat your like for fcuks sake. I seen a mint van for 16k + vat, then I’m like I don’t wanna give 20 for something that’s worth 16.

Also there’s loads claiming there’s no vat when they’re charging the equivalent or close to what it would be with vat anyway!

The big thing with euro 6 was the adblue implications.
Your right things are changing, but theres always a lag with commercials, and generally they hold there money as they earn people money i.e. Deprecate a lot less than a car.

I don't think so, but you'll get it against your tax as a deprecating asset. It's the same as buying anything isn't it, there's vat on most things, it just hurts a lot more because it's big amounts of money.

The big issue is when all towns/cities and even some major roads charge or maybe do not even let any vans that aren't zero emissions in. Then the value of your euro 6 will drop like a stone.
Hopefully this wont happen for a while, but its definitely coming.
I'm keeping my euro 4 for as long as I can.

Last edited:
Just heard, next years new cars, and presumably vans, are going to have automatic speed controllers that will automatically slow the vehicle down/keep it under the speed limit if you are going to fast. Legislation just going thru now - kept that quiet didn't they?
Works thru the ECU and built in GPS, whether you like it or not. Alledgedly you can regain speed by keeping foot on accelerator.
Not on bikes yet, Motorcycle Action Group discussing with Dept of Transport, who are trying to bring in law outlawing mods to vehicles - to prevent replacement ECU/GPS etc but will capture all mods at present, incl fitting say a roof rack or tow bar.
Not that I'm planning a roof rack on my bike, or a tow bar.