Vans? Are they all total rubbish?

Cockney can only dream about a sportvan. Computer says no. Then there’s his missus. She says NO!! Lol
Whats your van like on diesel? Whats the horse power? Does it feel a lot faster than most cars ? I got 120hp in my vivaro, but thinking of doing some sort of remap in the future. Its still fast enough but just want to making best i can. New wheels etc.

Whats your van like on diesel? Whats the horse power? Does it feel a lot faster than most cars ? I got 120hp in my vivaro, but thinking of doing some sort of remap in the future. Its still fast enough but just want to making best i can. New wheels etc.
It’s heavy. But so is my right foot! No it’s not that fast but it’s definitely faster than most vans. A remap is a nice touch as it will make the van a bit more lively but not massively. It’s easy to get carried away with accessories. Not that I know much about that lol

It’s heavy. But so is my right foot! No it’s not that fast but it’s definitely faster than most vans. A remap is a nice touch as it will make the van a bit more lively but not massively. It’s easy to get carried away with accessories. Not that I know much about that lol

true

$_86.jpg

Do your research. The Niva was/is a great off roader. It was advertised as good condition when In reality it wasn’t even taxed and hadn’t turne a wheel in months let alone seen a carwash in a long time.

A Niva is absolutely brilliant off road, better than Land Rovers in that they're lighter and smaller. They're very similar to Transits in that they're excellent for their purpose, but rust like a b4stard. Although with Lada is was cr4p low carbon steel rather than p1ss poor paint processes like the Transits.

Alfa Romeo, Lancia and Fiat use/d Russian steel with a similar outcome. :(

Here you go @Danny a cheap small van, tax and MOT exempt. OK it needs a bit of work, but they were good in their day, and for £700:00 you can't go wrong. (y) Sold as seen.
View attachment 59079
Bag of sirapite and a bit of hessian will sort it, quick coat of Blackjack and drive it down a muddy lane , that helped pass many mots! Might even be an old bag in the back!!

Last edited:
My dad had one of them it was about £700 brand new in 1972.
So it’s still held its money then?:LOL:

Cracking little van in their day. Quite a few firms had the 'high top' back fitted, looked like a box of matches sitting on a fag packet. As it says in the advert, there aren't many left and the photo's show why. I'm amazed that there's as much left as there is!

I am still looking... seen a lot of shite out there... I think I may be too fussy but I dont want much :-\

Nice but way overpriced. I had a 4 motion T5 California
65FD68DC-A9F4-48D8-888F-FA14A86EA20D.jpeg
Ocean demo from the dealer a couple of years back. Lovely camper but £60k. No bog.

I am still looking... seen a lot of shite out there... I think I may be too fussy
Quite a few transporters on auto trader £58,500 + vat
Absolutely fookin bonkers. As long as people pay those prices they won’t come down. Bumped into a fella I know the other day in a brand new transit trail. Lovely van but £45k ish when all is done.

Couldn't find a replacement vito with less miles (140K) that I could afford. Just cost me 600 in welding to get it thru the MOT and told it'll need a lot more welding next year. Got in and found the welder had broke/tried to glue on the brake release handle!
now tax & insurance (insurance +50 extra this year) to renew tonight. Then a beer, feck it.

Pretty sure its paid for as a business expensed company vehicle/asset. It's 17months old, has a 6.7ltr petrol engine and yet claims to be ultra low emission compliant - but has a red-listed CO2 emission?? WTF?

Iveco daily mk4 euro 5 expensive on genuine parts but you can get aftermarket stuff cheap enough... Currently on an 09 plate 120,000, last one did 365,000 before it dropped a valve...