van camping

• Thread starter Deleted member 29624
  • Start date

Members online

D

Deleted member 29624

The mobile shag wagon is now ready for action....Here's a photo....nice thick night fishing sleeping back, got my camping stove, some pot noodles, dry roasted peanuts, thermal socks and a wooley hat.
20160110_132924.jpg

Where are you heading to?
Real fishing or pond/lake/river?
Lol....im going to do a course in essex and too tight to pay for digs...i just got the fishing bag as I carp fish too.

Oh right.:LOL:
Well, carp fishing hardly counts anyway. Lol.
You need line the van with insulated boards. Your gonna bloody freeze.

Make sure you have good ventillation, and if you can get yourself some dessicant bags. Condensation will be a proper pain in a van at this time of year. There are few things more miserable than getting into a cold damp sleeping bag.

Make sure you have good ventillation, and if you can get yourself some dessicant bags. Condensation will be a proper pain in a van at this time of year. There are few things more miserable than getting into a cold damp sleeping bag.
I got one of this little dehumidifiers that dont need electric, not perfect but it helps....also the bag is waterproof so wipes down reasonably well.

Cudnt think of owt worse me..int there any cheap digs around? I'm cycling to work from Tuesday to save parking in harragate guna park up about a mile out of town then ride to job on bike f**k it will save about £200 a month..that Job that isn't starting Job flynny u know that 1 I was bullshitting about id give a thumps up emojo if my tablet worked

I got one of this little dehumidifiers that dont need electric, not perfect but it helps....also the bag is waterproof so wipes down reasonably well.

Trust me when I say, you will need to sort out the condensation. It's no exaggeration to say that if you ignore it hypothermia isn't out of the question.

I do have a little experince of camping in the cold. (y)

hinge.jpg

Try and hang a towel or doubled up dust sheet across the inside of the roof to catch any condensation dripping on you.

Wtf?! Who is desperate to be doing this s**t that they're gonna sleep in a freezing cold van for a week!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Wtf?! Who is desperate to be doing this s**t that they're gonna sleep in a freezing cold van for a week!

You just don't realise how lucky you are.

Lodan I thought you were already a spread

No not already a spread....will see how it goes in the van but cheapest digs werre £30 per night and would sooner avoid £750 expense if possible....

The mobile shag wagon is now ready for action....Here's a photo....nice thick night fishing sleeping back, got my camping stove, some pot noodles, dry roasted peanuts, thermal socks and a wooley hat.View attachment 9242

First thing I noticed is no insulation! You should have that thing covered in it and a vent to vent moisture out! Fair play to you thou but like I said before, get onto POF.com and you'll have some lonely single parent looking after you in no time. Nice warm bed, cooked food, hot showers/bath and an empty sack.

Keep us posted daily of your whole experience. Should be interesting reading I tell ya.

Yes will be an interesting read, we want daily pictures & updates of your van camping, not of the plastering course @Lodan :D only joking let us know how it goes.
Also remember to change your wank sock at least once a week otherwise it starts to scratch a bit after that :confused:

Yes will be an interesting read, we want daily pictures & updates of your van camping, not of the plastering course @Lodan :D only joking let us know how it goes.
Also remember to change your wank sock at least once a week otherwise it starts to scratch a bit after that :confused:
I taking a pair of the wifes knickers for that.

First thing I noticed is no insulation! You should have that thing covered in it and a vent to vent moisture out! Fair play to you thou but like I said before, get onto POF.com and you'll have some lonely single parent looking after you in no time. Nice warm bed, cooked food, hot showers/bath and an empty sack.

Keep us posted daily of your whole experience. Should be interesting reading I tell ya.
I think Mrs Lodan would be most displeased at that arrangement:LOL:

Lodan what are you doing about a toilet and a wash?
My gym membership is nationwide so thats the shower sorted....found a nice new build housing estate with no parking restrictions next to a tesco and maccy d's for toilet.....don't need to go in the nite as i'm still a young man and im at tyhe centre 8 -5