Unifinsh on sand/cement

Members online

It seems an odd name to me. Uni finish = one finish. Multi finish - more than one finish. Board finish is a uni finish as it's only supposed to go onto one surface.

Surely a product that's supposed to go over most or all surfaces should be called omni finish? o_O

Maybe they'll just change the bags and re-launch uni finish as omni finish?

The uni is for universal I'm guessing so all backgrounds like it claims to be used on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It can't be an abbreviation of universal as uni is a separate combining form for each word meaning one from the Latin unus. So if it was called universal finish that would be true, but BG market/brand it as unifinish.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it, it just seems wrong to me as their other product which supposedly covers less background types is called multi finish.

It can't be an abbreviation of universal as uni is a separate combining form for each word meaning one from the Latin unus. So if it was called universal finish that would be true, but BG market/brand it as unifinish.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it, it just seems wrong to me as their other product which supposedly covers less background types is called multi finish.

[emoji23][emoji23] I have no idea then.

Said it before, in my eyes uni means one and if it does what it says it can do you would only need one. Let's hope the price comes right down because if it does work and I hope it does, if they got rid of multie and board overnight we have just had a massive increase on a bag of plaster.

Said it before, in my eyes uni means one and if it does what it says it can do you would only need one. Let's hope the price comes right down because if it does work and I hope it does, if they got rid of multie and board overnight we have just had a massive increase on a bag of plaster.
I wonder if plaster was let's say 50 a bag would it make client's think about who they get to do the work. And would it keep the cowboys at bay. Maybe plaster is to cheap to buy.

image.jpeg
Ive been using uni on painted atex(broken leather pattern) on a house in every room over last 12 months and as usuall with uni had no problems.
I came across a bit of a suprise though under the stairs as as soon as i applied i realised with the suction it had not beeen previously painted. I did not panick but just put a tight second coat on it straight away and it held it back a treat, in fact too much as it bubbled and took an age to finish in the end as the first coats had killed the suction really well!
Ive since applied cornice (85mmx85mm) to the same walls and ceilings and its held up a treat, hopefully 5/10 years down the line they still hold up.

View attachment 11823 Ive been using uni on painted atex(broken leather pattern) on a house in every room over last 12 months and as usuall with uni had no problems.
I came across a bit of a suprise though under the stairs as as soon as i applied i realised with the suction it had not beeen previously painted. I did not panick but just put a tight second coat on it straight away and it held it back a treat, in fact too much as it bubbled and took an age to finish in the end as the first coats had killed the suction really well!
Ive since applied cornice (85mmx85mm) to the same walls and ceilings and its held up a treat, hopefully 5/10 years down the line they still hold up.
Looks nice
Glad you're got used to it

Knows his plaster yet he doesn't know how to mix plaster it's dragging all over the place, unless that's another nasty trait of uni?

Sweat is dripping off him there. Another master stroke by BG media team :tarjetaroja:
Thanks granty,
I take that as a compliment and you prefer mine..i got some more coming out soon.

It seems an odd name to me. Uni finish = one finish. Multi finish - more than one finish. Board finish is a uni finish as it's only supposed to go onto one surface.

Surely a product that's supposed to go over most or all surfaces should be called omni finish? o_O

Maybe they'll just change the bags and re-launch uni finish as omni finish?

If it means one finish then it was a bad choice cos it now one finish Mk2................:risas:

What they should of done which would of been a lot better, a lot cheaper, would sell millions, would save confusion, would of gave every plasterer an option when using it and its f**k**g genius yet so simple. It would of challenged their competitors better and it would of been as simple as relaunching multie finish with the added extra, leave it the same price or at a push add a quid on each bag but offer the spread something, give him/her something back for being loyal to their product. I think it's a Good idea and seems to work but what's the point of multie if it's not really multie like uni? (Sounds a bit confusing that last bit) :) @BritishGypsum you can thank me later when you have saved millions ;)

Is it a fibre tape one? Or a trowel one? What about a machine one? Maybe a stilts one? Either way I'm sure they will be the best thing since uni ;)
These all sound like great ideas for future flynnybob,thanks I was on about uni video though some how to real life sets with timing and suction control tips, I'll keep the others in mind,brother.

What they should of done which would of been a lot better, a lot cheaper, would sell millions, would save confusion, would of gave every plasterer an option when using it and its f**k**g genius yet so simple. It would of challenged their competitors better and it would of been as simple as relaunching multie finish with the added extra, leave it the same price or at a push add a quid on each bag but offer the spread something, give him/her something back for being loyal to their product. I think it's a Good idea and seems to work but what's the point of multie if it's not really multie like uni? (Sounds a bit confusing that last bit) :) @BritishGypsum you can thank me later when you have saved millions ;)
Blow me down,if I read between the lines here I would say after nearly 2 years and this 8 pages of unifinish "theflynnplasterman battle off " showdown that this is your way of saying that all the ones in Grimsby b & q you have secretly been using and actually LIKE it but want it to be cheaper like me.

It's a unifinish bromance for sure
Lovely
Xx
Back in UK now had a refreshing holiday and feel ready to roll..

Popcorn anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
Blow me down,if I read between the lines here I would say after nearly 2 years and this 8 pages of unifinish "theflynnplasterman battle off " showdown that this is your way of saying that all the ones in Grimsby b & q you have secretly been using and actually LIKE it but want it to be cheaper like me.

Lovely
Xx

Popcorn anyone?
You'll be ready for a break again by wednesday.

Lovely
Xx

Popcorn anyone?
Yep read between the lines also have a word with your gaffa :)

These all sound like great ideas for future flynnybob,thanks I was on about uni video though some how to real life sets with timing and suction control tips, I'll keep the others in mind,brother.
It needs a proper video but up till now they have been shameful and not put the point across.

Lovely
Xx

Popcorn anyone?
:popcorn:

Lovely
Xx

Popcorn anyone?
Never really slagged the product just the way it's been put to market or not in this case.

I will be trying uni on the sand/cement walls in about weeks time they got render due to been injected etc so the walls are 2.7 high with about 1.2 been rendered with waterproofer in of course the rest of the wall will suck like a prositute !!!! As its old walls lime plaster -I try wall might video it see ow quick it fcuks me about !!joke out of the 8 pages on this did anybody use it on S/C??

I will be trying uni on the sand/cement walls in about weeks time they got render due to been injected etc so the walls are 2.7 high with about 1.2 been rendered with waterproofer in of course the rest of the wall will suck like a prositute !!!! As its old walls lime plaster -I try wall might video it see ow quick it fcuks me about !!joke out of the 8 pages on this did anybody use it on S/C??
Why uni?