Unifinish tips

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
What time did you save putting 3 coats on lol, never in all my days have I ever felt the need to put a 3rd coat on.

I've used it and no way does it save time compared to pva and skim, it hangs around longer than a bad smell
I do 3 coats nothing wrong with that

If it dried to fast you would be moaning about that too.

What time did you save putting 3 coats on lol, never in all my days have I ever felt the need to put a 3rd coat on.

I've used it and no way does it save time compared to pva and skim, it hangs around longer than a bad smell
Perhaps took me 20 mins to put the 3rd coat on instead of pva, and the time waiting for it to dry between each coat.
If the background is uneven maybe you should try a 3rd coat mate, you might be surprised how much better the finish you can get is and that's not just with uni. By the way I started mixing at 12.30 and was done at 3.15 which I was quite happy with

That uni is the dogs b*ll***s.

I plastered a bedroom last week in my rented house that the Tennant had painted black silk. Only a small bedroom so got some unifinish out b and q (£5 as the bags had burst) and stuck the first coat on. Realised I had mixed a bit much up once it was on and when I checked where I'd started I realised it was surprisingly pulling in fast. Gear was still soft in bucket so went over it all again, cleaned bucket and flattened and it came out great. Couple of wet and dry rubs and was a great finish.

Perhaps took me 20 mins to put the 3rd coat on instead of pva, and the time waiting for it to dry between each coat.
If the background is uneven maybe you should try a 3rd coat mate, you might be surprised how much better the finish you can get is and that's not just with uni. By the way I started mixing at 12.30 and was done at 3.15 which I was quite happy with
Every time I used this gear it was 4 hrs or more to set that's my problem with the gear.too slow.

Meanwhile :sorprendido3:
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Uni over broken leather, 3 ceilings which went on nice but hung a little before second coat but im in no rush to get home and listen to the missus. :cool:

Every time I used this gear it was 4 hrs or more to set that's my problem with the gear.too slow.
You could try mixing up and laying in with same mix if it's hanging obviously not on artex overskim but sometimes that might help shorten the set time.

It seems to be hanging for some but not others, might be an idea if we have problems with it hanging we could have a thread with the date used, use by date and the batch number on. I know storage etc will make a difference but a least we will be trying tho do something about it instead of just moaning. Might also be an idea to list the substrate as well.

It seems to be hanging for some but not others, might be an idea if we have problems with it hanging we could have a thread with the date used, use by date and the batch number on. I know storage etc will make a difference but a least we will be trying tho do something about it instead of just moaning. Might also be an idea to list the substrate as well.
Multifinish and boardfinish is hanging on new boards this time of year as well...unifinish will settle different to other finishes.
Ventilation,heat and thickness of plaster,surface all contribute to time sets and each job is different so would be hard to get exact times with any finish plaster.

If you go into a new job and have to pva first you've got to wait for that to pick up anyway. At least with uni the plastering process starts straight away, even if it does hang longer, that's where it's main advantage lies for me.

I'm going to be all over this unifish in a few weeks when I've got my storage sorted....

Genuinely don't care if its s**t to use trowel up or whatever I'll just adapt to overcome...

So long as it doesn't fail then got to be worth a punt....sooooo many jobs where could get 2 quick gauges on instead of just prepp work and gauge...

I actually think over the coarse of a yr will earn me more money than the additional costs etc....

However still stand by hunting you down and torturing you @The plaster man if rubbish!!!!!:mad:

I'm going to be all over this unifish in a few weeks when I've got my storage sorted....

Genuinely don't care if its s**t to use trowel up or whatever I'll just adapt to overcome...

So long as it doesn't fail then got to be worth a punt....sooooo many jobs where could get 2 quick gauges on instead of just prepp work and gauge...

I actually think over the coarse of a yr will earn me more money than the additional costs etc....

However still stand by hunting you down and torturing you @The plaster man if rubbish!!!!!:mad:
You just said the word I never said before..Adapt...thats exactly what you have to do.
I'm off to skim some plasterboards now
Have a good day lads

do you like it?
Yes i do, ive got a bedroom to overskim in a few weeks and the walls are medium suction and im going to experiment with a tightish coat and leave for at least 30 mins instead of applying on top straight away Just on one of the walls.I want to see if the ingredients in the uni after sitting and reacting with the suction will hold the second coat back.

Yes i do, ive got a bedroom to overskim in a few weeks and the walls are medium suction and im going to experiment with a tightish coat and leave for at least 30 mins instead of applying on top straight away Just on one of the walls.I want to see if the ingredients in the uni after sitting and reacting with the suction will hold the second coat back.

keep us updated

Whats all this uni corn b*ll***s!!?? They dont exist !!?? As is a plaster that goes straight on without any prep!!! Lets see how long it lasts before your customers on the phone complaining its all fallen off !?

Used it uni again today fantastic plaster 1st coat pulled right in 2nd coat straight over then left 10 mins tight 3rd coat 30 to 40 mins later wall done !now I know you might say 3 coats but believe me there very minimal coats as I know the uni will pull straight in.love using it trowels up great it's a win win !

Theres a pallet in my local b and q that goes out of date in 3 weeks so im going to get some to try, hopefullu they will knock the price down when the date turns....the pallet has even got a picture of @theplasterman on it.....talk about mr unifinish:lol:
20151218_154415.jpg

The B&Q I get mine from sell it at £11.40 but it's £10 if you buy 5 but don't advertise it, therefore there are still ten bags left with 2 days left on sell by. Although £10 is still too much and I recon the only reason it's not moving faster. They sold me them all at £5 each.
Another pallet is next to it runs out in April.

Status
Not open for further replies.