Unifinish questions

Well used the gear today :) mixed the gear up and I must say it's very creamy almost reminded me of carlite finish and seems to go further. I had two ceilings only 12m each but high up. I mixed up two and half bags roughed the first one on and really hung so threw the other on and it was still hanging :) layed down with the same gear near enough one coating the second and I must say it trowels up lovely :) fair enough it was on board. Had little white bits here and there but I was aware of them so didn't bother me. Put it on at eleven and final trowel at two so three hours I would say it would of been longer if I had mixed up another to lay down. Got a bit over I'm gonna use tomorrow over pre grit so will see what that's like, I have also got to admit I've just been to B&Q to grab them out of date bags but some c**t bought them :( they did have a fresh pallet but I will be honest I'm not paying £10 for the stuff :) if they got rid of multie I would prefer that over the multie but I always prefered carlite. Also when it was drying you could see a lot of dots which must be them white bits.

Nice one flynny... good honest review....

Usually 2-2.5 hours from when you finish coating mate. The red carlite finish has nearly been setting quicker this last few jobs we Have been on I think, it's surprised me. The ultra isn't as quick as when it first came out. Mind first morning using it, come ten o clock it was black and finished! It sits long enough for you to get decent setting on now. It's quality has Improved too its toss of a coin between the two which is better where as the ultra was pure shite to trowel. It finishes well now. You use it much?
I used a few bags when it first come out. I did a set in 1.5 hours with it. I was going to get a pallet for my next job. But if it's taken 2.5 hours to set what's the point.

I'm with gps on this 1 u cant review on plasterboard as that isn't its market..it main market point is save time by less prepwork

@theclemo its definitely nowhere near as quick now, quality is far better but not much quicker than the red carlite bags. . 2 to 2 and half hours, that's double coating, I don't know if you're a one coater or what. It's better than multi, though the carlite at the minute is probably better.

@theclemo its definitely nowhere near as quick now, quality is far better but not much quicker than the red carlite bags. . 2 to 2 and half hours, that's double coating, I don't know if you're a one coater or what. It's better than multi, though the carlite at the minute is probably better.
Depends on the back round if I one coat or 2. Can't believe it's taken that long to set now. Gyproc phoned me to day to see if id go to them next firday and have a look at some new systems. I'll take it up about the ultra not setting quicker. I'll get a few bags b4 next Friday to try for my slef.

Depends on the back round if I one coat or 2. Can't believe it's taken that long to set now. Gyproc phoned me to day to see if id go to them next firday and have a look at some new systems. I'll take it up about the ultra not setting quicker. I'll get a few bags b4 next Friday to try for my slef.
Gyproc pay roll!! Ur worse than Vince lol

The clemo, it does go slightly quicker than the red bags but nothing out the ordinary. We use it a right bit, tbh with it taking 2hours means can still do normal sized setting. When it first came out had do smaller settings though could maybe squeeze an extra small setting in but f**k that mate. 3 decent sets a day is enough lol

Always a sensible way to approach use of the product .. Use on low suction so you get a feel for it,then when using on older surfaces which will be more medium to higher suction it's then easier to gauge what you got to do to deal with it and get to set finish imo

The clemo, it does go slightly quicker than the red bags but nothing out the ordinary. We use it a right bit, tbh with it taking 2hours means can still do normal sized setting. When it first came out had do smaller settings though could maybe squeeze an extra small setting in but f**k that mate. 3 decent sets a day is enough lol
I like to give out about something to them when am there lol. If I can get a set finished 2 hours this time of year I'd be happy with it. I only do 2bags a set

Always a sensible way to approach use of the product .. Use on low suction so you get a feel for it,then when using on older surfaces which will be more medium to higher suction it's then easier to gauge what you got to do to deal with it and get to set finish imo

That's the beauty of pva though, you always know how a wall/ceiling will behave by the drying time of it.
He kopped out simple as that.