Unifinish questions

Has Vince been accepted on diy sos?
Funny tho as Vince says unifinish Is ace gets ripped to shreads,Flynny says its good and every1s like or it must have its place lol..cudnt make it up!

Funny tho as Vince says unifinish Is ace gets ripped to shreads,Flynny says its good and every1s like or it must have its place lol..cudnt make it up!
I'm gonna give it a go........yes, there.....I've said it out loud!!! Lol

I'm gonna give it a go........yes, there.....I've said it out loud!!! Lol
Just top it with multi or board and that way its cheaper, you still get the time saving and it finishes like normal, can't see the point of uni second coat

It has it's place alright, in the reduced section. A review on plasterboard is not a review worth taking any notice from.

Let's wait for it to be used on a nice Matt painted wall.

I've not I'm still going to fair and partial, take everyone's opinions on board :)
Pva and multi is fine blah blah blah wouldn't risk my reputation blah blah blah it's failed already blah blah blah what happens if it fails blah blah blah too expensive blah blah blah

Good fair review mate, used it again today for my first of two artex ceilings, just meant I could get straight on while giving the pva on the csecond ceiling time to dry without me waiting around for the first....not something ide use all the time cos of price but think it does have a place if time saving is important
Just to clarify as I don't really following the plastering section
Your using pva then unifinish?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pva and multi is fine blah blah blah wouldn't risk my reputation blah blah blah it's failed already blah blah blah what happens if it fails blah blah blah too expensive blah blah blah

Then he was given 4 free bags

That message was referring to un'd first ceilingnso straight on, the when id put second coat on pva'd the other ceiling so was dry when I got to it asnd used multi as normal on the second

It has it's place alright, in the reduced section. A review on plasterboard is not a review worth taking any notice from.

Let's wait for it to be used on a nice Matt painted wall.
easy if on a matt paint wall and it seeming to pull in a bit faster just a tad of gear on trowel,quick once over like a flattening secound coat before laying in mix.. just controls the suction going on in first coat suppose like pva would .. controlling suction with plaster lol thats 2 people from scotland that struggle with that concept but hey each to there own, I'm sure experienced plasterer like flynny will easily identify this when occasion might arise

Unifinish doesn't need glue bobby. Multi or board does though over backgrounds other than board. Why don't you follow the plastering section? Look in a bit more and you'll learn stuff (y)

@BritishGypsum is this recommended ?
hi no they don't but see there has been a few plasterers doing this , obviously each plasterer uses their own judgement on work they do. Me personally would still use uni as it is better formula

Last edited by a moderator:
That message was referring to un'd first ceilingnso straight on, the when id put second coat on pva'd the other ceiling so was dry when I got to it asnd used multi as normal on the second
I sound like a mong in this message sorry fat fingers on my tablet

easy if on a matt paint wall and it seeming to pull in a bit faster just a tad of gear on trowel,quick once over like a flattening secound coat before laying in mix.. just controls the suction going on in first coat suppose like pva would .. controlling suction with plaster lol thats 2 people from scotland that struggle with that concept but hey each to there own, I'm sure experienced plasterer like flynny will easily identify this when occasion might arise
Are u seriously trying to again get in s debate with gps!? If there's 1 man on here id never get into a debate with is him just havnt got the energy for gps he's like a dog with a bone wen he's on it..f**k that just let him be lol..

Are u seriously trying to again get in s debate with gps!? If there's 1 man on here id never get into a debate with is him just havnt got the energy for gps he's like a dog with a bone wen he's on it..f**k that just let him be lol..
To be fair surely everyone knows whatever gear you're using if it pulls fast lay a bit more into it to control suction, just @gps doing what he doez...you're spoiled you site lads just going on board...i did 40m2 over artex ceilings today and felt like my arm was going to drop off...and thats without mentioning my wrist

To be fair surely everyone knows whatever gear you're using if it pulls fast lay a bit more into it to control suction, just @gps doing what he doez...you're spoiled you site lads just going on board...i did 40m2 over artex ceilings today and felt like my arm was going to drop off...and thats without mentioning my wrist
Give over pal do u think we just skim over boards every day lol? That's called a skimmer..we do refurbs aswell lol..if I just skimmed onto board every day id be hanging from a tree

Give over pal do u think we just skim over boards every day lol? That's called a skimmer..we do refurbs aswell lol..if I just skimmed onto board every day id be hanging from a tree
Think id love to just skim board all day....im not a massive fan of stipple artex:)

Most mornings I'm still in bed at 8
If I could do flexi time 30 hours a week or work from home I'd be okay but like to see sun come up then can start to wake up, when short arse comes on odd jobs with me he always says he be earlier , get's me up tight night before thinking can't be late