Unifinish at B and Q

Members online

Got to admit your doing a great job promoting uni:risas2::risas2: well done BG
No I meant it's kind of hard work here.. I just leaving bar area ( 43c today) and have to walk all the way over to the pool now,lol
WP_20160712_09_50_54_Pro.jpg

Just been to b and q Wigan and noticed all the unifinish bags had over stickers on the expiry date new date 12/08/16 date underneath 1/06/16 , surely they are out of date or am I missing something and by putting a new sticker over the top it magically extends the use by date, wonder what British gypsum have to say about that

Thanks for the information. Would you be able to send us a picture, if you have one, so we can investigate this? We’ll also be contacting B&Q for details. There should only be one date on the bags so this looks like it might be an error, but thanks for letting us know.

Thanks for the information. Would you be able to send us a picture, if you have one, so we can investigate this? We’ll also be contacting B&Q for details. There should only be one date on the bags so this looks like it might be an error, but thanks for letting us know.
How about you sort out all the charts you have in every B&Q around the country which give the wrong coverages for your materials? Don't ask for a picture or a phone call just pop into any branch. I brought this up over four years ago and I know my local have brought it up with you, so why don't you sort it?

Last edited:
Really? we were told the other day by your promotions manager @theplasterman that you had concluded the shelf life was all wrong and the printer had messed up lol

A few months ago i noticed stickers on uni.
I did not look any closer.
Bq glasgow.
In hind sight i dont think this has been a one off.

Flynnyman I'll reply to you here for what you just said on the other thread so it doesn't ruin the other thread..to answer you..if I say I think it's been concluded it is just me saying just that.
It doesn't mean that is what bg think it's just my opinion.
Yes I did video and have done posters bit so what we been here before about 10 times.
It doesn't matter what I say or do it's always wrong with you.it madness.
Am I bothered? No
Why? Because I know who and what I am
You might think I'm not real and honest but I am.
For me to be on here and take the things you say I think proves I am my own man.
I'm on the bg scheme I don't get any money,I don't get any benefit's maybe only benefit I have had is everyone knows me as unifinish man (the man guy that loves it) well to me that's fine,I'm proud of that tbh.
I met many old school plasterers that think the same as you and have the same kind on internet presents as you who have said the same as you in terms of totally slating unifinish even without using it,you are all entitled to opinion and so am I.
I said my bit and ain't doing a 5-10 page battle rant with you about it.
You give the banter ,so take it as well.

Give your head a shake it's the same s**t you always come out with feeling sorry for yourself, I couldn't give a f**k what you do and I have never slated it, you just keep repeating your lies about me slating it and the same s**t you do with anyone else who has anything to say which you think is negative. Look up the word "conclusive", like I've said your the voice of uni and you are making the claims. Now throw your normal stropp.

Flynnyman I'll reply to you here for what you just said on the other thread so it doesn't ruin the other thread..to answer you..if I say I think it's been concluded it is just me saying just that.
It doesn't mean that is what bg think it's just my opinion.
Yes I did video and have done posters bit so what we been here before about 10 times.
It doesn't matter what I say or do it's always wrong with you.it madness.
Am I bothered? No
Why? Because I know who and what I am
You might think I'm not real and honest but I am.
For me to be on here and take the things you say I think proves I am my own man.
I'm on the bg scheme I don't get any money,I don't get any benefit's maybe only benefit I have had is everyone knows me as unifinish man (the man guy that loves it) well to me that's fine,I'm proud of that tbh.
I met many old school plasterers that think the same as you and have the same kind on internet presents as you who have said the same as you in terms of totally slating unifinish even without using it,you are all entitled to opinion and so am I.
I said my bit and ain't doing a 5-10 page battle rant with you about it.
You give the banter ,so take it as well.
You sound like a guy dressed as Ronald McDonald saying McDonald's food is beautiful but don't quote me on that coz I made it up.

I hated the stuff,,, 4 times i used it.slagged it off.
5th time it had its use.
Still trying to tweak it.
I am going to try it again,,but my advice is try in it a few scenarios then light the fuse.

What difference does it make if somebody likes it or doesn't or if the voice their positive opinion about it
We're all entitled to our own opinion and we all make up out own mind about products and tools we use and won't use!
For me I don't like the stuff
I was a mk1 tester of the product as well.
I never had a problem with adhesion like some but felt it was too hard work to trowel up and was a bit like chewing gum.
There's nothing wrong with @theplasterman and his opinion.
It's like the argument with the speedskims and the plaziflex.
I love the plaziflex when used correctly but can't get on with the speedskim
It doesn't mean everyone feels the same way.
Is it overpriced? yes
Is it a one product suits all material? Definitely not
Will people still use it? Yes
Does it make them an inferior spread? No
Marmite I say
But hey I know f**k all!

On a side note
@theplasterman where you staying
I'm just back 2 weeks ago from protaras.
45°C most days!
Stayed in the new king jason hotel
And wow what a stunning hotel that is!!
Who knew a place that hot could have a heat wave!!

You could have boiled an egg on me!

I love cyprus one of the best places I've been to and I've been a few times!
Did nappa 3 times when I was a pup as well that was an experience!!

What difference does it make if somebody likes it or doesn't or if the voice their positive opinion about it
We're all entitled to our own opinion and we all make up out own mind about products and tools we use and won't use!
For me I don't like the stuff
I was a mk1 tester of the product as well.
I never had a problem with adhesion like some but felt it was too hard work to trowel up and was a bit like chewing gum.
There's nothing wrong with @theplasterman and his opinion.
It's like the argument with the speedskims and the plaziflex.
I love the plaziflex when used correctly but can't get on with the speedskim
It doesn't mean everyone feels the same way.
Is it overpriced? yes
Is it a one product suits all material? Definitely not
Will people still use it? Yes
Does it make them an inferior spread? No
Marmite I say
But hey I know f**k all!
The last time I used it, the consistency wasn't like chewing gum that I noticed straight away.
Strange.

On a side note
@theplasterman where you staying
I'm just back 2 weeks ago from protaras.
45°C most days!
Stayed in the new king jason hotel
And wow what a stunning hotel that is!!
Who knew a place that hot could have a heat wave!!

You could have boiled an egg on me!

I love cyprus one of the best places I've been to and I've been a few times!
Did nappa 3 times when I was a pup as well that was an experience!!

That this one mate?

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel...as-Protaras_Paralimni_Famagusta_District.html

They got one in paphos aswell.
Both look good on reviews.

Been looking at this for September. You rate it then? Its adults only ain't it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately didn't get any pics as didn't have phone with me, but I am going back tomorrow, will see if they still have the same bags out and grab one then

That this one mate?

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel...as-Protaras_Paralimni_Famagusta_District.html

They got one in paphos aswell.
Both look good on reviews.

Been looking at this for September. You rate it then? Its adults only ain't it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the one pal
Brilliant hotel it's the same as the one in paphos
Its not going adults only until next year
Thomson are exclusive operator for it and made them make it for kids as well but after this year it will be adults only

The hotel itself isn't massive and there's only 1 bar at the minute (there will be an outdoor bar next year) and there no entertainment
But your literally 2 minutes from the strip so it's not an issue at all

The beer on the strip is €2.50 a pint on at most places on the strip

The hotel is located right on fig tree bay (one of the best beaches in cyprus apart from nissi beach in napa)

While we were there there were a few kids that went to the hotel next door family life (also thomson) for the afternoon entertainment (about 4pm)

But all in all a great hotel and great location
We were on the top floor and the views were amazing
I'd go back no bother

That's the one pal
Brilliant hotel it's the same as the one in paphos
Its not going adults only until next year
Thomson are exclusive operator for it and made them make it for kids as well but after this year it will be adults only

The hotel itself isn't massive and there's only 1 bar at the minute (there will be an outdoor bar next year) and there no entertainment
But your literally 2 minutes from the strip so it's not an issue at all

The beer on the strip is €2.50 a pint on at most places on the strip

The hotel is located right on fig tree bay (one of the best beaches in cyprus apart from nissi beach in napa)

While we were there there were a few kids that went to the hotel next door family life (also thomson) for the afternoon entertainment (about 4pm)

But all in all a great hotel and great location
We were on the top floor and the views were amazing
I'd go back no bother
I was joking to j about napa I'm at sensatouri in pathos bud no beach but great hotel a bit posher than I use to, back tonight though :endesacuerdo:
In 40c plus everyday to hot but had good time.:birra:

You mardy bum ..
That was the best offer ever on this forum .. Oh well I stand by my offer and leave it open for you for 12 months in case you do change your mind.

Hopefully they will answer that , all the out of dates I ever used have been ok on adhesion and to trowel up though. The only thing I would have any concern with on out of date gear is it trowels up ok or not I had a pallet of out of date board finish a few years ago and it was horrible to trowel up on second coat on 2rd flattening and final flick over so I banged the out of date on first coat and used a few bags of fresh in date multi to 2rd coat and finish.
Why on earth would you use a out of date product?
It costs a couple quid a bag!!

Why on earth would you use a out of date product?
It costs a couple quid a bag!!
At the time I had bags left over in my garage and thought I'd try it and find out,sounds weird I know but I done same with other plasters as well to see how long past the date that its okay to trowel up board,multifinish,bonding,hardwall even Magnetic..
A bit of a plastering weirdo me.

Mix in with multi or board out of date uni not a problem as long it wasn't stored in the back garden

At the time I had bags left over in my garage and thought I'd try it and find out,sounds weird I know but I done same with other plasters as well to see how long past the date that its okay to trowel up board,multifinish,bonding,hardwall even Magnetic..
A bit of a plastering weirdo me.
Thought you kept buying it already out of date?

Last edited: