Unifinish at B and Q

Members online

peterroberts

Just been to b and q Wigan and noticed all the unifinish bags had over stickers on the expiry date new date 12/08/16 date underneath 1/06/16 , surely they are out of date or am I missing something and by putting a new sticker over the top it magically extends the use by date, wonder what British gypsum have to say about that

Did not think that was legal.
Bg should comment on that .
Should have taken picture.

Not 100% sure but think has been concluded it has a longer shelf life .. Tbh even a year out of date the bags were fine to trowel up from my experience with it.

Maybe someone printed the wrong date ?
I can only share comments on using though brother :hola:
I reckons its @theplasterman nemisis @flynnyman making sure u pay full whack for the product :whistle:

Not 100% sure but think has been concluded it has a longer shelf life .. Tbh even a year out of date the bags were fine to trowel up from my experience with it.

Defo on bg payroll u are :)

Great,thats it sorted out, dont u get too worried about this uni stuff.
New it was all a mis understanding.:frenetico:

Yeh but you didn't share any comments on using it if you read your thread back lol

So can we expect the longer life on the multie and I agree the printer does need a kick up the arse after his last few errors lol

Yeh not seen any bullshit for a while lol
Come on Flynnyman I not bothered about a sticker !
Big question I want to know is did the op brother use a few bags himself and more importantly when are you going too ?
That for me will be a post to look forward too,a no nonsense honest review from yourself of a 2 coated skimmed painted wall or ceiling ?
Will make my day..
I'll even buy the gear for you brother and pledge for all to see my personal guarantee if there is any problems I will come and redo it free of charge within 24 hours.
And we can all look forward to the future for better or worse of the skimming community.

Just out of interest if it does fail and you used an out of date product what do you think their reply would be?

aint gonna happen anytime soon I can assure you :)
You mardy bum ..
That was the best offer ever on this forum .. Oh well I stand by my offer and leave it open for you for 12 months in case you do change your mind.
Just out of interest if it does fail and you used an out of date product what do you think their reply would be?
Hopefully they will answer that , all the out of dates I ever used have been ok on adhesion and to trowel up though. The only thing I would have any concern with on out of date gear is it trowels up ok or not I had a pallet of out of date board finish a few years ago and it was horrible to trowel up on second coat on 2rd flattening and final flick over so I banged the out of date on first coat and used a few bags of fresh in date multi to 2rd coat and finish.

i will answer for them that seems the norm on here, no company in the world will guarantee their products if they are out of date. Your offer is pointless I don't need any free plaster and anyone to put my work right, simple.

Straight out the PR bag with that one. You fewkin sell out ;-)

i will answer for them that seems the norm on here, no company in the world will guarantee their products if they are out of date. Your offer is pointless I don't need any free plaster and anyone to put my work right, simple.
Agree about the product guarantee.

See what I mean lol he is like a Boris Johnson for BG they just push him out there and say just talk, it doesn't matter what your saying or if it makes any sense, just keep talking lol

I see @BritishGypsum have responded as usual, obviously they don't have an answer , at £ 11.75 a bag I wasn't going to buy it anyway, was just the fact that you could clearly see the over stickers on top of the old stickers, can't understand why someone would pay double for the stuff, but it's all been argued on here before

I see @BritishGypsum have responded as usual, obviously they don't have an answer , at £ 11.75 a bag I wasn't going to buy it anyway, was just the fact that you could clearly see the over stickers on top of the old stickers, can't understand why someone would pay double for the stuff, but it's all been argued on here before
Give them a chance they haven't been on since 5.15pm today and their mouth piece is on holiday believe it or not lol